Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Tattoos!  (Read 4203 times)

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
Tattoos!
« on: December 20, 2018, 08:09:04 AM »

So I think the last time a topic was made about this was a while ago when the most of us were still kids and had very different views. I just thought it'd be fun to post tattoos that you've gotten over the years (assuming they're in appropriate places), and if you don't have a tattoo but you're thinking of maybe getting one, you can talk about it here!

I'm thinking of getting one but I want it to be something important to me so I'm debating really hard what I should get.
Member since April 24th 2010.
----------------------------------
Author of "We All Come Home"
Short story; pub. March 2018
in Scarborough Fair Magazine
www.youtube.com/maragrace

BlueberryDoughnut

• Knife Wife, Keeper of the Holy Bun
Re: Tattoos!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 08:55:09 AM »

I've been thinking more about getting a tattoo lately. Maybe a bunny or a cockatiel. Or a mermaid. Idk yet. But I'd like to get it somewhere I could see it, like my arm.
t-tell youw boyfwend if he says he's got beef
that i'm a vegetawian and i ain't f*cking scawed of him
she wants to touch me uwu
she wants to love me uwu
she'll neve leave me uwu, uwu, owo

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 08:58:34 AM »

I currently have 5 tattoos, 4 of which are fairly large. I definitely want to get more, but I have to be an adult and pay bills and rent and stuff so all my money goes there -_-
Someday, though...

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 09:14:51 AM »

I have....6 tattoos? I have an appointment to get another one this spring that'll be my biggest one and plans for tons more

Higher, further, faster

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 09:19:22 AM »

6 O.o that's awesome! What are they?
Member since April 24th 2010.
Author of "We All Come Home"
Short story; pub. March 2018
in Scarborough Fair Magazine
www.youtube.com/maragrace

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 09:20:28 AM »

I have none, and no plans for getting any. It might be interesting, if I had something specific in mind.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2018, 09:46:05 AM »

6 O.o that's awesome! What are they?
Uhh my first tat is on my right shoulder and its two birds carrying a red string that I got when I was 16
The next was two paw prints on my inner wrist that I got before starting college/after my dog died
Then I have the rune Ehwaz on my right ankle I got that in my second semester of college
I have 'Have Courage' and a butterfly on my right forearm and my sister has 'Be Kind' to match it on her collar bone, I got that the summer after freshman year I think?
Next is the word Mālama on my left ribs which is Hawaiian for preserve/protect. I got that in Hawaii after my sophomore year
And laaaast/most recent is an alien head on my hip that I got on friday the 13th last year

The one I'm planning to get is a hammerhead shark jaw on the inside of my elbow and i'm so hecking hype. I also want to get 'tutaonana tena' somewhere, cuz my friends from my study abroad all planned to get it and one of them just did! So now I really want it lmao. And one of my best friends and I want to get matching white lotus tile tattoos from ATLA

Higher, further, faster

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2018, 09:50:05 AM »

Ive got a delta on my right wrist to stand for change! And Im never getting another one because this ones only like an inch tall and low pain tolerance + anxiety + needle phobia still meant I threw up right in front of the poor tattoo artist and otherwise had a Bad Time. Love my tattoo but Im not eager to repeat the experience, haha
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Echo :)

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2019, 03:56:38 AM »

Lol, Pan, that's one of the reasons I don't have any tattoos yet. When I got my ears pierced I passed out, and I'm not sure I'd make it through a tattoo session  XD
He looks," Simon had once said to Isabelle, "like he's thinking about something deep and meaningful, but if you ask him what it is, he'll punch you in the face. ~CoFA

Julia The Bookworm

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2019, 01:44:51 PM »

What type of ear piercing did you get? I just got your standard earlobe one and it just felt like a paper cut, this is coming from someone who has a really low pain threshold

Echo :)

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2019, 03:25:25 PM »

::) Yeah... so I just have standard lobe piercings... and I swear I have a really high pain tolerance, but I start thinking about all the technical stuff, like holes in my ears... and then I don't do so hot  ;D
He looks," Simon had once said to Isabelle, "like he's thinking about something deep and meaningful, but if you ask him what it is, he'll punch you in the face. ~CoFA

Emma-la

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2019, 03:32:52 PM »

I have three small tattoos, one of a violin on my collarbone, one of an ankh on my left wrist, and an eye of Horus on my right ankle. The violin Ive had for I think maybe 2 years now, I got it when my cousin died because he played violin and I wanted to commemorate him. The ank and eye of Horus I got together, I was only planning on getting the eye at first but then my artist offered to do the other one for like $10 at the same time so I took it. Those ones are mostly protection and good vibes and stuff. I really wanna get something Greek (maybe a line from my fave Greek tragedy) and I want to get the words The last of the good guys eventually somewhere. I also wanna get a flower tattoo with my best friend, each of us getting our fave flowers
The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2019, 03:35:51 PM »

^^ Greek tattoos are always a good idea

Someday I'll get Persephone on my other thigh. Someday.

Emma-la

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2019, 03:38:35 PM »

i just want a whole-ass quote from Medea somewhere, or maybe Sappho
The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2019, 03:48:22 PM »

Both. Both is good.
Pages: [1] 2 3