Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Rise for the End of the World  (Read 548 times)

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
Re: Rise for the End of the World
« Reply #120 on: Today at 12:10:45 PM »

One of the walls slid upwards, which meant that Lana's assumption had been correct, there were other hidden doors. A guard walked in, over to Haruka, holding something in his hands. Lana couldn't make out quite what it was. Whatever it was, it was furry. He handed it off to the mute girl, but not before sticking something right behind her ear. He then left without a word, and Lana just stared after him, watching as the door slid shut again.

"What the f*ck was that?" she demanded, looking at the mute girl directly. She didn't care that she wouldn't be able to interpret the signage or that the girl probably wouldn't answer her anyway. It was just... odd.
Member since April 24th 2010.
----------------------------------
Author of "We All Come Home"
Short story; pub. March 2018
in Scarborough Fair Magazine
----------------------------------
www.youtube.com/maragrace

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
« Reply #121 on: Today at 12:22:15 PM »

Haruka double tapped the attachment behind her ear and then opened her hands and a black weasel crawled up her arm onto her shoulder and sat up straight, staring at Lana before tilting its head and speaking, “A ferret. You’ve never seen a ferret? Haruka. She’s never seen a ferret.” He turned and looked at Haruka who just pet him and rolled her eyes. The ferret curled around Haruka’s neck, “You should have seen that cage they put me in. It was so nice. They gave me a lot of food too. Said they were going to clone a million of me!” Haruka stepped towards the rest of the group, “Ah! Yes! We are Haruka and Luna. When Haruka was imprisoned here five years ago, they gave her me to be a mental translator.”

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #122 on: Today at 12:34:46 PM »

Sam stared, wide-eyed at the ferret and almost horror-stricken. "How does that...how do you work?" He asked, his eyes flickering from Haruka to the ferret.

I'm like the cool, ninja sharpshooter!

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #123 on: Today at 01:19:53 PM »

Ryleigh's mouth widened into a beaming grin. "Oh, it's so cute!" she exclaimed. This day just kept getting better and better- minus the broken bones, of course.

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #124 on: Today at 02:31:46 PM »

Randy frowned. "...So now a telepathic talking weasel joins the mix. The world is surely saved." They deadpanned. They always found 'pets' to be sad, trapped creatures. How pitiful of this weasel to be enslaved. "Animal slavery is so cute."

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
« Reply #125 on: Today at 04:56:08 PM »

"I have a little metal piece behind my ear, as does she. I just speak for her. I don't know much about the talking part though. That's a secret apparently and I talk too much to be allowed to know," he said and then puffed up his chest proudly, "I am quite cute aren't I?" Haruka pulled him down into her arms and held his close while giving a stern look and clicking her tongue at Randy. Luna looked up at Haruka before telling Randy, "She's unhappy with you for assuming she'd keep me as a slave. I'm a free ferret. I enjoy having someone to talk for."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]