Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 1052 1053 [1054]

Author Topic: Gods and Monsters  (Read 213691 times)

Emma-la

Re: Gods and Monsters
« Reply #15795 on: March 03, 2021, 12:35:28 PM »

Sadie stiffened, her back to Lilah and Malcolm as she knelt at Jaime's feet. She hesitated at his request, knowing she would be doing him no good to stay and be caught. But how could she leave him again and live with the idea that he might die? She turned, the sight of Malcolm making her feel weak, but held up the knife in her hand anyways. "Don't take another step," she threatened. It was too late to escape, but she may as well fight it.
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #15796 on: March 03, 2021, 02:26:13 PM »

Lilah?s Wolverine circled around her legs, baring it?s teeth at the other two daemons. Lilah reached down and touched its tail, unbothered by the threats. She eyed Sadie, and then just started laughing. ?This is so cute! You?re here to rescue your husband, who by the way wouldn?t be in this mess if it weren?t for you, and you brought a knife? I see who the brains are here,? she taunted as he pulled her gun out. Her laughter ceased as she cocked it back and tilted her head. ?I?d suggest you drop the knife and step away.?

Rob left immediately after hanging up with Norah and drive toward Jasper?s apartment, wondering what was bringing all this about. He pulled in and headed up, knocking on the door.

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

• Be kind, be calm, be safe.
« Reply #15797 on: March 03, 2021, 02:31:02 PM »

Jaime looked up at Sadie, terrified of what may happen to her. He turned his gaze then to Lilah, trying to decide how they'd fair if Nova and Lexa tried to take her down before she could get a shot in. No, they couldn't risk that. "Sadie...just...just listen, please," Jaime asked her.

Norah had managed to get Daniella down for a nap, which was not an easy task, but her daughter was asleep by the time Rob knocked on the door. She opened the door and let him inside, "Do you have a new AI?" she asked, looking at him with big and hopeful eyes.

"It will never be enough! I only want to hear JaJa Ding Dong!"

Emma-la

« Reply #15798 on: March 03, 2021, 02:36:36 PM »

Sadie breathed deeply to calm herself, her eyes never leaving the gun. She was left with no choice, so slowly she began to lower the knife and then tossed it on the ground in front of her. Lilah was a bitch, but she was right - this was all Sadie's fault. "I'm not letting you touch my husband. Do what you have to with me, but leave him be."
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*
Pages: 1 ... 1052 1053 [1054]