Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 644 645 [646]

Author Topic: Gods and Monsters  (Read 86238 times)

|ĸιrα|

Re: Gods and Monsters
« Reply #9675 on: July 02, 2020, 03:29:08 PM »

Elijah came over to help Norah, his expression softening when he saw the tears in her eyes. ?Me neither,? he said, coming over to kiss her quickly and then take a look at their daughter.
?She?ll love it here.?

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
« Reply #9676 on: July 02, 2020, 03:42:08 PM »

Norah nodded and followed his gaze, finding herself smiling for what must have been the hundredth time that day alone. Norah picked Daniella up and kissed her forehead gently, "I'm certain she will," Norah agreed, but a small voice reminded her of the chips in hers and Elijah's heads and what he'd planned on doing about it once the baby came. They hadn't really discussed it since that day so Norah didn't really know where his head was at with that plan; it terrified Norah to think about what could happen. Norah was quickly pulled out of her thoguhts when her brother came bounding out of the house with a big smile, "Do you need any help bring things in?" Jasper asked them, eager to help; Norah loved that her brother was there and helping them out. God she wished he could just stay forever; it would be so nice to have family nearby.

Jaime reluctantly dragged himself off the couch and followed the others out the front door to greet Norah, Elijah, and their newborn. he was struggling to feel happy for them, even though he was. It was like witnessing a life that could have been; a life he'd thrown away, to become his father.

"No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up"

Emma-la

« Reply #9677 on: July 02, 2020, 03:53:39 PM »

Sadie stood by the front door, not wanting to overcrowd the couple and the new baby. ?Glad to see you made it back in one piece,? she said affectionately.
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #9678 on: July 03, 2020, 05:34:51 AM »

?Yes, shockingly some of us can drive,? Elijah teased as he carried their bags in. ?Thanks for holding down the fort. Was everything okay?? He asked.

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

« Reply #9679 on: July 03, 2020, 08:09:50 AM »

😂

"Everything was great, this place is awesome," Astrid chimed in, snickering a bit at his comment about Sadie's driving. The poor girl was never going to live that down. "Especially the beach," she added once she'd moved out of Elijah's way. 

Norah smiled back at her brother, "could to carry her Daemon inside?" Norah asked him, to which jasper nodded and got the tiny puppy out of her carrier, "still haven't settled in a name?" He asked her. Norah shook her head, "it's hard to decide. I mean, i feel like it should be her choice, but it's going to be years before she can do that," Norah said as the two siblings walked back to the house, "how did mum and dad do it?" Norah asked, not specifically asking about Sophie because it was too painful. "I named her," jasper replied softly, turning his face away. "Oh, I...I didn't know that," Norah said, smiling sadly, "it...it was the perfect name," she said.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 10:02:17 AM by kristina-la »

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #9680 on: July 03, 2020, 10:46:30 AM »

(That has me crying in da club)

?Yeah, having the beach so close is really nice,? Elijah agreed as he walked in and went to drop their bags off by the couch.

Higher, further, faster

Emma-la

« Reply #9681 on: July 03, 2020, 10:49:19 AM »

Sadie frowned at the mention of the beach. After Jaime?s failed proposal she hadn?t been back to one. ?You?ve got a nice place, Sappho,? she told Eli. ?Better watch nothing goes missing.? She winked jokingly.
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

kristina-la

« Reply #9682 on: July 03, 2020, 11:20:14 AM »

(ha, sorry :P)

Jasper looked back at his sister, then down at the baby tucked in her arms; he could still vividly remember when his father had brought him to the hospital to meet his new sister and her Daemon. She'd been so small and cute; he'd known in that moment that he would do absolutely anything for her. "I'm sure a name will come to you," Jasper said as they walked through the front door together. Norah subtly blinked away from tears and put on a bright smile, "We're finally home Daniella," Norah said to her baby, who responded by merely yawning.

Pages: 1 ... 644 645 [646]