Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 456

Author Topic: The Great Fangsby  (Read 155133 times)

|ĸιrα|

Re: The Great Fangsby
« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2019, 11:54:43 AM »

"Could never say no to that," Charles agreed and slipped his hands into his pockets.

Higher, further, faster

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2019, 11:56:51 AM »

"I'll see to it then." Ralph turned to leave. "Please let me know if any of you need anything."
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2019, 12:01:55 PM »

“Thank you Ralph!” Peggy called and then turned to her guests, “Well then, the dining room is the other way. The house help will eat after us then. They won’t mind I’m sure”

Mara-la

• strange fruit
« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2019, 12:13:08 PM »

(wait sorry I kinda disappeared, is Clara still with them or have they moved on?)
Member since April 24th 2010

MercyResurrected

« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2019, 12:30:11 PM »

(She’s there)

Mara-la

• strange fruit
« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2019, 12:32:16 PM »

(okay, thanks!)

"We don't," Clara assured them. "Food is plentiful, and since we've been here, we haven't starved once." It was true, but not for the reasons these humans would necessarily think, which was for the best.
Member since April 24th 2010

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2019, 02:59:08 PM »

(Another question: do werewolves exist?)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

MercyResurrected

« Reply #112 on: January 20, 2019, 03:01:21 PM »

(I mean, there's a possibility for that, but I didn't really plan to incorporate them at all.)

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #113 on: January 20, 2019, 03:31:59 PM »

He'd been told to wait until the snow cleared up, but Nico would be damned (ha) before he settled in inside when humans were about. So, looking for any excuse to get away from them, he went out to retrieve their vehicle. He found it easily, even in the blizzard, and pulled it out of the ditch with his bare hands. It was an ugly piece of junk, in his opinion. Should have just left it. But he had been ordered to bring it back and so he did, driving it into the garage behind the mansion.

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #114 on: January 20, 2019, 03:42:05 PM »

Ralph moved with practiced efficiency, ensuring that the places were set, and everything was in place. It had been too long since they'd had guests.

kristina-la

• Be kind, be calm, be safe.
« Reply #115 on: January 20, 2019, 05:33:13 PM »

Thomas couldn’t help but wonder how they acquired so much food, being in the middle of nowhere. “You are pretty far from any towns. Where does your food come from?” He questioned as he started towards the dinning room

"It will never be enough! I only want to hear JaJa Ding Dong!"

MercyResurrected

« Reply #116 on: January 20, 2019, 05:39:55 PM »

"I have my own barn in the back, the animals are probably cozy near a fire tonight, one of my men watching them, but I also get standard things brought here. We...exchange things. He brings me  groceries, I give him some very fine wine from the grapes in my vineyard from the summer. But you three aren't going to rat me out, are you?" Peggy said as she led them in. A table meant for twenty had four place settings. One at the head of the table, obviously for Peggy and three others.

kristina-la

• Be kind, be calm, be safe.
« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2019, 05:45:21 PM »

Thomas smiled but it was slightly strained, “of course not,” he assured her. He looked around the grand dinning table and felt his stomach gurgle at the thought of food

"It will never be enough! I only want to hear JaJa Ding Dong!"

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #118 on: January 20, 2019, 05:48:02 PM »

Figuring there was no way to avoid it any longer, Nico returned to the house. He found Peggy in the dining room, making a point to ignore the other three. "The h- ah, your guests vehicle is in the garage," he told her. "If that is all you need from me them I'm going to retire for the night."

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #119 on: January 20, 2019, 05:49:22 PM »

"How'd you get it out?" Charles asked, surprised. They three of them couldn't have gotten it from that ditch, and he wasn't sure how one man had done it.

Higher, further, faster
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 456