Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 456

Author Topic: The Great Fangsby  (Read 155099 times)

ChaoticRhymer

Re: The Great Fangsby
« Reply #120 on: January 20, 2019, 05:53:11 PM »

"Oh Nico has his ways with things like that." Ralph answered, entering the room and setting dinner on the table.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #121 on: January 20, 2019, 05:57:11 PM »

"I actually know how to drive," Nico said flatly. "And I've a few years of experience in that regard, unlike you lot. Are any of you even old enough to operate a vehicle?"

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
« Reply #122 on: January 20, 2019, 05:58:57 PM »

"I believe that should be beef stew with a fresh roll, plenty filling as well as warm," Peggy told the siblings as she took her bowl, just some of the broth, no meat or vegetables, though she did have a roll. She looked at Nico, "Hold your tongue. Thank you for your services, but unless you need to speak with me later about any concerns, you are dismissed. You will most likely find me in the library once I see everyone to their rooms."

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #123 on: January 20, 2019, 06:00:25 PM »

Charles bristled at Nico's words, but he held back a sharp reply when he heard Peggy. He couldn't keep the smug look off his face, directing it to Nico.

Higher, further, faster

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #124 on: January 20, 2019, 06:03:40 PM »

"Is there anything else Miss Peggy?" Ralph asked, standing formally by her chair.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

kristina-la

• Be kind, be calm, be safe.
« Reply #125 on: January 20, 2019, 06:05:11 PM »

Thomas could not understand how he could have driven the car out of the ditch. It had been very stuck; he’d tried everything to get it out. He took a seat at the table, trying to push his suspiciousness aside. “It smells heavenly,” Thomas praised

"It will never be enough! I only want to hear JaJa Ding Dong!"

MercyResurrected

« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2019, 06:08:20 PM »

"Yes, Ralph, would you and Clara finish with dinner for the rest of the staff and clean up quickly after," Peggy told him, referring to their chamber in the basement for bleeding animals. She didn't want the smell to linger through the house with humans around.

Mara-la

• strange fruit
« Reply #127 on: January 20, 2019, 06:11:58 PM »

“Of course,” Clara said. “Perhaps Nico would like to join us as well?”
Member since April 24th 2010

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2019, 06:13:38 PM »

"Yes ma'am." Ralph answered with a sardonic smile. "It shouldn't take long."

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2019, 06:41:55 PM »

Nico curled his lip in annoyance as he was dismissed, yet bowed his head. "Of course, ma'am," he replied, looking over at Clara, a small smile creeping across his face. "Yes, actually. That would be lovely."

Emma-la

« Reply #130 on: January 21, 2019, 01:30:17 AM »

Maggie couldn’t help but feel yet another twinge of fear at the people working in this house. There was definitely something off about them. “If the car is out that means we can go back home after dinner, right?”
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

MercyResurrected

« Reply #131 on: January 21, 2019, 01:43:21 AM »

“I just had Nico bring the car up to the garage so your car wouldn’t be buried. No, you simply cannot leave in the storm. My understanding is that the snow is to last all weekend,” Peggy told her as she delicately took spoonfuls of the stew broth.

Emma-la

« Reply #132 on: January 21, 2019, 01:49:08 AM »

Her heart sank at that. They would be stuck here all weekend with these strange people? Sure it could be worse, it was a beautiful mansion, but she couldn’t help but distrust them. “And you’re willing to let us stay the whole time?” She carefully took a sip of the soup.
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

Mara-la

• strange fruit
« Reply #133 on: January 21, 2019, 03:32:08 AM »

Clara headed to the exit with Nico and Ralph. Once they were well enough out of earshot of the guests, she said: “Three of them! I wonder how long Miss Peggy plans to keep them for.”
Member since April 24th 2010

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #134 on: January 21, 2019, 03:58:32 AM »

"Perhaps Miss Peggy has changed her mind about not harming humans," Nico said, although he was more than aware that it was wishful thinking.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 456