Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 213

Author Topic: The Great Fangsby  (Read 35454 times)

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
Re: The Great Fangsby
« Reply #135 on: January 21, 2019, 03:59:48 AM »

“I doubt she would...” Clara said. “However... I would be curious to try human again. Just a taste though, not enough to kill.”
Member since April 24th 2010.
----------------------------------
Author of "We All Come Home"
Short story; pub. March 2018
in Scarborough Fair Magazine
www.youtube.com/maragrace

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr
« Reply #136 on: January 21, 2019, 08:51:49 AM »

Thomas' expression soured as he realized just how long they would be trapped in the stranger's home. He sighed and looked towards his siblings; surely everything would be okay. His uneasiness about Peggy, her home, and the staff was probably nothing. "Well, I am certainly glad we found your home. Thank you for letting us stay," he said. Had they not found shelter, they would have continued to wander in the cold.

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
« Reply #137 on: January 21, 2019, 09:06:46 AM »

"I don't mind the company at all and don't let  any of the staff alarm you. You are under my care. They are under my pay,"  Peggy told them and winked. She then dipped her roll into the broth and ate it. She then looked to Thomas and bowed her head, "You're most welcome. I'm glad you arrived safely and are here safe."

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #138 on: January 21, 2019, 11:40:07 AM »

"That's enough, of that." Ralph snapped. "They're her guests, and will be treated as such." He glared at Nico. "And yes as her butler, I do have the authority to talk to you this way."
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #139 on: January 21, 2019, 12:56:20 PM »

Her assurances regarding the staff did little to diminish Thomas' concerns, but he said no more on the matter. Instead, he ate the meal in silence, feeling quite satisfied when he was finished.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #140 on: January 21, 2019, 01:00:34 PM »

Nico laughed in his face. "Stop trying to act intimidating. We both know you're a pathetic excuse for a vampire." Honestly, waving his so-called authority around like they weren't all on equal terms under Miss Peggy. He kept walking alongside Clara, a spring in his step as the promise of blood raised his mood.

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
« Reply #141 on: January 21, 2019, 02:18:28 PM »

"There's no need to be like that," Clara scolded. "That goes for both of you. Miss Peggy brought us all in, and we're here together. We should be getting along and enjoying each other's company, not snarking at one another."

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #142 on: January 21, 2019, 03:26:39 PM »

"Don't challenge me on this Nico. Please." Ralph said in a tone of exasperation. : "I don't want to fight you."
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #143 on: January 21, 2019, 03:31:59 PM »

Nico rolled his eyes. "You know, maybe we wouldn't butt heads so much if you were actually fun to be around, and not a total bore," he retorted. They were at the door leading to the cellar, and Nico led the way down, now agitated and completely starving.

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #144 on: January 21, 2019, 03:40:12 PM »

Charles ate in silence, which was rare for him. This place was only getting more and more unsettling, despite their hosts' assurances. Regardless, he was grateful they'd come across it. He really didn't want to use carrots in place of his toes.

I'm like the cool, ninja sharpshooter!

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
« Reply #145 on: January 21, 2019, 03:40:22 PM »

"That's not nice," Clara said as they headed down the stairs. "What animals do we have downstairs right now, by the way?"

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #146 on: January 21, 2019, 03:54:46 PM »

"Couple a' goats and a pig, last I checked," Nico replied, touching down in the basement. It was dark, pitch black to be exact, yet he saw everything clearly. "We'll have to round up more pretty soon."

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #147 on: January 21, 2019, 03:58:28 PM »

"Yeah, and pigs are the closest to humans I ever want to taste." Ralph watched the animals in front of him.

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
« Reply #148 on: January 21, 2019, 03:59:02 PM »

“Well then, are you three ready for rest. I have a room for the young men and a room for our young lady,” Peggy said as she stood, “Leave your dishes.”

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #149 on: January 21, 2019, 04:01:59 PM »

"I think rest would be real nice about now," Thomas agreed as he pushed back his chair and stood. He cast a weary glance over at his sister; for some reason he felt uneasy about leaving Maggie all on her own.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 213