Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 160

Author Topic: The Great Fangsby  (Read 22280 times)

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
Re: The Great Fangsby
« Reply #1905 on: March 22, 2019, 05:03:02 PM »

Peggy was disappointed and put her arm around Thomas', looking at Clara with a frown, "Oh dear," she said and shook her head, "I wish he would have let us at least help him find a place here in the city."

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #1906 on: March 24, 2019, 12:29:48 AM »

He was alone, the human who had been fraternizing with the demons. Marina followed him, her steps light and silence from years of practice following the monsters that lurked in the shadows. When she got close enough she lunged at him, the flat edge of a small knife pressed into his throat. "You're going to help me kill the rest of those monsters," she hissed at him. "Or die. Your choice."

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr
« Reply #1907 on: March 24, 2019, 02:05:28 AM »

Oh dear 😧)

Thomas would have liked to at least have the chance of saying goodbye to Charles, but he supposed that would have been too hard for all of them. “He’ll be okay,” Thomas said, not wanting to dwell on it much. He looked at Clara, “and did you happen to see nico or did he really take off?”

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
« Reply #1908 on: March 24, 2019, 02:36:02 AM »

Clara shook her head. “No... I thought he’d find his way back here.” Should they start worrying? The sun would be rising soon.
Member since April 24th 2010.
----------------------------------
Author of "We All Come Home"
Short story; pub. March 2018
in Scarborough Fair Magazine
----------------------------------
www.youtube.com/maragrace

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #1909 on: March 24, 2019, 02:58:31 AM »

When the edge of the knife pressed to his throat, his first thought was 'why me?'. Charles' eyes flicked to the side to try and see who was speaking. "That's not really a fair choice, ma'am. What's a lady like you ouf here doing making deals like that?"

I'm like the cool, ninja sharpshooter!

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #1910 on: March 24, 2019, 04:21:01 AM »

"A 'lady like me' is out hunting the blood sucking monsters that plague our world," she sneered. "I've been watching you all. You were in league with them, but I won't punish you for that so long as you cooperate. I've already killed one of their company; don't think I couldn't kill you with far more ease."

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #1911 on: March 24, 2019, 04:30:06 AM »

"I don't doubt that." Charles swallowed nervously and kept his chin up to try and avoid the blade. "I can't help you though, I have no idea where they are." He reached up with his good hand to try and push her arm away.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #1912 on: March 24, 2019, 04:35:06 AM »

She stepped away from him, feigning disappointment. "Oh, well that's too bad. Then I suppose you couldn't deliver this for me? I figured his fellow leeches would want his belongings back." She tossed him a small cloth bag. Inside were the sunglasses Nico always wore, along with his fangs, bloody and freshly ripped out of his skull.

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #1913 on: March 24, 2019, 05:02:24 AM »

Charles peered inside and his eyes widened. He looked up at the woman, his expression tinged with real fear now. "Look, I honestly don't know where they are. I've never been there or seen it. I came looking and I got kidnapped by these idiots and they broke my arm and I just got out of this whole mess of a time!" He rambled on, his frustration coming out a bit now as well

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #1914 on: March 24, 2019, 06:30:36 AM »

Marina regarded him curiously. "Sounds to me like you don't much care for them, eh?"

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #1915 on: March 24, 2019, 06:59:33 AM »

Charles scoffed and tossed the bag back to her. "I just want nothing to do with any of it anymore."

Emma-la

« Reply #1916 on: March 24, 2019, 07:14:39 AM »

Maggie’s face fell when she heard about Charles. She couldn’t believe he’d left without saying goodbye. And now Nico? “Do you think he’s gone for good then?”
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

MercyResurrected

« Reply #1917 on: March 24, 2019, 10:00:21 AM »

Peggy frowned as she looked over the siblings and then shook her head, “Alright. I’m going to see if I can get a butcher shop in town to play ball with me about getting animal blood.”

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr
« Reply #1918 on: March 24, 2019, 01:41:48 PM »

Thomas hoped they had not seen the last of Charles, though for the time being he could not deny the relief he felt. Until he gained more control of his hunger, it would be better to keep Charles away. As for Nico, Thomas really wouldn't mind if the vampire never returned.  He looked at Peggy and nodded, "that's...probably a good idea," he said.

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”

MercyResurrected

« Reply #1919 on: March 24, 2019, 01:47:38 PM »

Peggy nodded and then went over to the kitchen where the telephone was and starting to dial for the operator, sitting down on the countertop with the phone set in her lap, looking at the sad lot of people in her living room.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 160