Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 396

Author Topic: The Great Fangsby  (Read 116056 times)

Emma-la

Re: The Great Fangsby
« Reply #2280 on: April 17, 2019, 01:00:22 PM »

[haha well I’m a true idiot which makes everything difficult]

Maggie repressed a shiver, thinking how this woman likely killed Nico. “You hunt people?” She asked coolly. “These...beasts you speak of can’t possibly exist.”
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #2281 on: April 17, 2019, 01:19:11 PM »

There was definite fear in her eyes. But was it the fear of predator turned to prey? Or had Marina miscalculated? "Oh, they exist. I've the scars to prove it. And souvenirs." She retrieved the baggy of bloody fangs and glasses from her waist belt. Another test, perhaps. "I knicked these of my last hunt. The pathetic wretch cried and begged for mercy," she hissed, watching for the girl's reaction.

Emma-la

« Reply #2282 on: April 17, 2019, 01:22:43 PM »

Maggie wanted to wretch, to strangle the woman for how she spoke about Nico. But she had to have composure or risk giving herself away. She sniffed slightly and turned up her nose. “And you’re trying to tell me monsters like this walk among us?”

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #2283 on: April 17, 2019, 01:30:07 PM »

No reaction, other than disgust. Which was very human. "They do," she said, replacing the baggie on her belt. "I've been tracking a few for some time now."

Emma-la

« Reply #2284 on: April 17, 2019, 01:32:20 PM »

Marina was letting her guard down. Good. “And they what...live here?” She asked dumbly.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #2285 on: April 17, 2019, 01:41:40 PM »

"I've reason to suspect that they're living in that hotel," Marina told her. "And you are staying there too, correct?"

Emma-la

« Reply #2286 on: April 17, 2019, 01:43:45 PM »

Maggie places a hand to her heart as if shocked and nodded. “Yes, I am.” She took a chance and reached out to grip Marinas wrist. “Do you think I’m in danger?” She wanted out of this immediately, she needed to find a way to leave and get her family out of town.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #2287 on: April 18, 2019, 02:16:08 AM »

Marina gave her a surprised look, tugging her arm back. "So long as you leave that hotel and don't go out after dark, you should be fine..." she said warily.

Emma-la

« Reply #2288 on: April 18, 2019, 03:06:26 AM »

Maggie let her arm drop uncomfortably. “Well, I ought to be going. Good luck...killing demons,” she said awkwardly.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #2289 on: April 18, 2019, 03:17:32 AM »

<**uggghhh I have no idea what to do with this character :p she's so boring. Nothing like I had planned -_-okay scratch that! We have a plan!**>

There was definitely something off about the girl, and Marina's suspicions were only confirmed upon feeling just how cold her skin was. Maybe she was human, maybe not, but Marina's judgement had never been wrong before. Without warning she lunged forward, clasping a large cloth over Maggie's face. "That innocent act won't work on me, darling," she hissed. "Try not to breathe too deeply and the garlic ointment in this fabric will only knock you out if you're lucky."
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 06:17:43 AM by Eraisuithiel »

Emma-la

« Reply #2290 on: April 18, 2019, 06:21:22 AM »

Maggie scrambled at Marina, struggling against the cloth. It took her a second to process what was happening and the woman’s words, but when she did, she tried to stop breathing entirely. Her eyes were wide and panicked and she felt herself slipping away, slumping back as the garlic hit her.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #2291 on: April 18, 2019, 06:38:51 AM »

"Sleep tight, demon. I've big plans for you," Marina whispered. She made another bird call, signaling her companions to aid her.

"It's still alive!" One of them, a boy named Jack, exclaimed when he neared the two.

"Asleep, yes. For now," Marina said, hoisting Maggie over her shoulder. "We need to move, now. Make sure to cover our flanks- I'm sure we'll be followed," she ordered. They began to move then, disappearing into the dark streets.

Emma-la

« Reply #2292 on: April 18, 2019, 06:57:57 AM »

Maggie blinked a couple times as she came to in a foreign place. Her head was spinning and she felt incredibly nauseous. She started to cough, her eyes watering and looked around the place, dread seeping into her bones.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #2293 on: April 18, 2019, 07:05:31 AM »

They had her chained up, though Marina was more than aware that the shackles probably wouldn't stop her from escaping; no matter, she had other tricks up her sleeve. "Good morning," she grinned upon seeing her captive awaken. "Sleep well?"

Emma-la

« Reply #2294 on: April 18, 2019, 07:08:53 AM »

Maggie managed to get her coughing fit under control and spit at Marina's feet, testing her restraints. Her eyes were watering a little but she narrowed them. "You're a psychopath."
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 396