Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 333

Author Topic: The Great Fangsby  (Read 64818 times)

Eraisuithiel

Re: The Great Fangsby
« Reply #2370 on: April 22, 2019, 11:27:19 AM »

Nico had opted to leap out of the window, though he did not transform into a bat- he hadn't been able to do that since the attack, and he would have been lying if he'd said that it didn't bother him. But there was no time for him to lament the loss of his abilities. He rounded back to the entrance of the building, watching for Maggie, Peggy, and the others.

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
« Reply #2371 on: April 22, 2019, 11:30:58 AM »

Peggy came out of the front of the building and let Maggie's hand go as she paused and as she stood still, she winced for the first time, the pain from her side starting to appear. She tried to ignore it though, "We have to find somewhere new to hide," she said quickly to them all. Her hand went to hold her side where the bullet was still inside her, keeping it from healing itself.

Emma-la

« Reply #2372 on: April 22, 2019, 12:00:48 PM »

Maggie stared ahead, unable to let herself feel anything for the moment. “Hotels clearly aren’t safe. Do you know nobody that can help us?”
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

MercyResurrected

« Reply #2373 on: April 22, 2019, 12:08:07 PM »

Peggy looked at her friends, no--really, her family and a rock sank in her heart, "Well, I know a place we might be able to hide."

Emma-la

« Reply #2374 on: April 22, 2019, 12:17:38 PM »

Maggie raised an eyebrow and nodded. “Go on. Who then?” It didn’t seem like an option Peggy was happy to use. But anything was good enough right now.

MercyResurrected

« Reply #2375 on: April 22, 2019, 12:21:48 PM »

"My parent's farmhouse. It's been unused since I left 20 or so years ago. It's a bit out of town, no one knows it," Peggy told her reluctantly. She was not eager to return to the home where she'd killed her brother and been locked in a basement for 5 years.

Emma-la

« Reply #2376 on: April 22, 2019, 01:28:54 PM »

Maggie nodded stiffly, glancing at her brothers and Nico. “Take is there then. Well have to be quick, I doubt these fiends are done for good.”

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #2377 on: April 22, 2019, 01:47:21 PM »

"We'll have to be quick," Nico said, glancing over his shoulder. "Sun's almost up."

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr
« Reply #2378 on: April 22, 2019, 02:19:38 PM »

Thomas followed the girls out the front doors, trying his best ignore the wounds he'd sustained earlier; they did not have time to worry about such things. Thomas studied Peggy's face carefully, "are you sure?" he asked with a frown. He could not imagine how difficult it would be for her to return to that place.

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”

Emma-la

« Reply #2379 on: April 22, 2019, 02:21:59 PM »

“We don’t have time to worry about feelings,” Maggie said a little harshly. Wincing at her own words slightly, she amended, “I’m sorry but we really do have to go. Quickly.” Her hands were shaking something fierce, so she balled them into fists to try to still them.

MercyResurrected

« Reply #2380 on: April 22, 2019, 03:10:07 PM »

Peggy ignored Maggie's comments. Awfully fierce for someone they'd rescued. Again. She hailed a cab as she'd seen Charles do before. She gave the cabbie the address and then looked at the ground, "Two of us must take a separate cab."

|ĸιrα|

• Dost thou comprehend?
« Reply #2381 on: April 22, 2019, 10:47:04 PM »

"Wait, why?" Charles asked. At this point he felt a bit like deadweight, and he sincerely did not want to be leaving the city. "I'll take a cab back, I still have work I need to get to. Then you all can go together or whatever you want."

Twist the bones and bend the back
Trim him of his baby fat
Give him hair black as black
Just...like...this

Emma-la

« Reply #2382 on: April 22, 2019, 11:01:53 PM »

“I’ll go alone,” Maggie offered quickly. She was in for another lecture for sure, and she would delay it long as possible. And being alone would allow her the time she needed to process everything.

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr
« Reply #2383 on: April 23, 2019, 01:22:33 AM »

Thomas frowned as he realized that no matter what, he would be separated from someone he cared for. He looked between his two siblings and sighed, “Maggie you shouldn’t go alone,” he said, turning his gaze to Nico. The vampire had seemingly risked everything to rescue Maggie, “go with her,” he said reluctantly then turned to look at Charles. Was this the moment they would have to part ways for good? “Charles...” he started, not really sure he could go through yet another painful goodbye

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”

|ĸιrα|

• Dost thou comprehend?
« Reply #2384 on: April 23, 2019, 01:35:32 AM »

"No," Charles said and held a hand up. "Here." He fished into his pocket and pulled out a card with the paper's number on it. "If you can, call me so I know you've made it there safely. If I can, I'll try to visit. It might be too dangerous right now but..we'll make it work."

Twist the bones and bend the back
Trim him of his baby fat
Give him hair black as black
Just...like...this
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 333