Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 254

Author Topic: The Great Fangsby  (Read 47930 times)

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr
Re: The Great Fangsby
« Reply #2385 on: April 23, 2019, 03:01:43 AM »

Thomas looked down at the card as he took it from Charles, struggling to accept the realty truly parting from his brother. Thomas carefully slid the card in his pocket before giving his brother one last embrace.

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #2386 on: April 23, 2019, 03:02:30 AM »

perhaps we should time jump after they part ways?)

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
« Reply #2387 on: April 23, 2019, 03:07:49 AM »

(Like a month or two?)

Peggy looked at cabbie and just asked him to wait one more minute, "The four of us can fit in the cab. Charles--" she looked at Thomas' brother, who, despite his great dislike for her, she'd grown rather fond of, and let out a low breath, "Would you do me one favor?" she asked as considered things, "You work for a newspaper. Perhaps, you could get a story out about the huntress." she spoke quietly, "Perhaps she could be blamed for a certain murder we've recently encountered..." If Charles could have the whole city buzzing about the huntress killing Maggie's victim, the huntress would be forced to clear away before she was found.

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #2388 on: April 23, 2019, 03:16:25 AM »

Charles lifted his brows, but then gave her a small grin. "Yes, I think I could spin some sort of story," he said. "Every one loves a good murder mystery."

I'm like the cool, ninja sharpshooter!

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #2389 on: April 23, 2019, 03:27:34 AM »

I think 2 months would probably be a good amount of time :))

Thomas grinned as he drew away from Charles, "Now that is a brilliant plan," he agreed, glancing over at Peggy affectionately. He sighed and stepped back from his brother, "Take care Charlie" he said

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #2390 on: April 23, 2019, 04:35:53 AM »

(2 months works!)

"You too, Tommy. I'll see you soon," he assured with a warm smile.

I'm like the cool, ninja sharpshooter!

Emma-la

« Reply #2391 on: April 23, 2019, 04:39:48 AM »

[yeah that works]

Maggie reaches out and squeezed her brothers arm. “I love you Charles. Try not to miss me too much.”
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

MercyResurrected

« Reply #2392 on: April 23, 2019, 05:18:31 AM »

Peggy got into the front seat to help the Cabbie find the farm. She sat looking forward and swallowed very hard.

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #2393 on: April 23, 2019, 05:23:06 AM »

Thomas offered his brother a final nod, finding it too difficult actually say goodbye, then slid into the back of the cab.

Emma-la

« Reply #2394 on: April 23, 2019, 08:39:24 AM »

Maggie followed Thomas, struggling with the goodbye. She knew it wasn’t permanent but she still hated the thought of splitting up. She had done everything with her brothers growing up and hated being apart.

MercyResurrected

« Reply #2395 on: April 23, 2019, 09:58:14 AM »

Peggy spun around for what seemed to be the millionth time, making the fringe and lace along her ivory wedding gown flare up. She smiled down at it and then sat down on the edge of Maggie’s bed and started to button and lace her shoes on as she thought over the last two months.
They’d arrived at the farmhouse and the emotions that overcame Peggy were so horrible, she wretched just at the smell as they exited the cab. She’d always sworn she’d have it torn down. That she’s have it burned to the ground. Now, it was her only place of refuge. It was falling apart, an ugly place all together. She’d only been able to fall asleep the first few nights with Thomas holding her deathly close and stroking her hair. She felt like she was living in a nightmare.
The third week there, she’d decided she couldn’t be a coward anymore. She had to face that this was a safe haven, not for herself but for Thomas, Nico, and Maggie. She carefully hired workers to begin maintenance on the house and the barn. The windows removed. The basement completely refurbished so Nico wouldn’t have to live in the garage anymore. He had his own bachelor pad below the home. Peggy gave Maggie to do whatever she wished with her old bedroom.
A week before now, the farm was thriving again. Human workers took care of the farm, raising animals and crops during the day, Peggy’s small coven able to roam during the night.
And tonight, was the night of all nights. Peggy has finally agreed to marry Thomas, for the last time. This would cease all his constant asking, she was sure, as much as she adored it. She’d contacted a local priest to come out for their ceremony, candles lining the tops of a row of the vineyard, leading to a grassy area covered in white flowers.
Peggy finished lacing her shoes and stood up, letting out a deep breath. She couldn’t imagine anyone living could ever feel as happy as her dead heart did now.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #2396 on: April 23, 2019, 10:28:55 AM »

Nico had largely avoided the others the moment they had arrived at the farmhouse. His skin was still scarred, and his fangs had yet to grow back, and he knew exactly why- animal blood just didn't cut it for him when it came to healing. But drinking from humans had caused him enough trouble, so he dealt with it, avoiding the others, pretending like his weakened body didn't bother him or keep him awake during the day. Pretending like he didn't feel like less of a vampire than the rest of them.

He was down in his room, lazily sipping from a bottle of scotch, the night of the wedding. Wedding... was there any point to any of them getting married? Probably not, but it made Peggy happy, so Nico elected to keep his mouth shut about the whole ordeal.

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #2397 on: April 23, 2019, 10:38:30 AM »

The first few weeks after arriving at the farmhouse had been challenging, with Peggy suffering so greatly and Thomas continuing to overcome his seemingly constant hunger. It had been a great relief when things had finally started to turn around, for Peggy, for himself, for the farm they now called home; and it was only about to get better. Thomas stood in the room he shared with Peggy, straightening out his bow tie. An unquenchable joy swelled within Thomas; after countless proposals on his part, they were finally getting married. He could not recall ever feeling such excitement or joy. It was almost time and Charles had not arrived yet, which put Thomas on edge; he'd sent out an invitation to his brother in his last letter. Surely Charles would come for his own brother's wedding, right?

(what a buzz kill! :P
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 11:01:35 AM by kristina-la »

Emma-la

« Reply #2398 on: April 23, 2019, 10:40:01 AM »

Maggie sat on the bed in a dress of her own, not nearly as beautiful as the wedding dress of course (you couldn't look as good as the bride, that would be rude). It was pale pink and lacy and she had elected for long sleeves to cover the scars on her arms that still haunted her. She had yet to tell her family the gritty details about what had happened to her in Marina's hold, unable to face it herself, let alone talk about it. She had forced herself to put on a strong attitude and set her mind to remaking her new bedroom. Living with her soon-to-be-married brother wasn't her ideal living situation, but she would be lying if she said she didn't enjoy having Nico living in the same house. As surly as he was, he was easy on the eyes and had come back for her. She hadn't approached him about it, he was too standoffish.

"You look beautiful," she said with a small smile to Peggy. "My brother is lucky to have you."

MercyResurrected

« Reply #2399 on: April 23, 2019, 10:53:58 AM »

Peggy looked at Maggie and blushed lightly, “I’m so happy but also so incredibly nervous. Imagine, humans make a commitment and they only have to keep that for 30,50 years. Thomas and I, we could live a thousand years.” She smoothed her fingers through her still long white blonde hair, “I’m glad I didn’t cut it when I was young. It will never grow back now.”

(Thomas can’t look in a mirror :P)
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 254