Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 252

Author Topic: The Great Fangsby  (Read 47027 times)

ChaoticRhymer

Re: The Great Fangsby
« Reply #240 on: January 23, 2019, 01:12:06 PM »

Ralph darted into the shadows to hide.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
« Reply #241 on: January 23, 2019, 01:18:02 PM »

"No? The bottle of whiskey didn't interest you? Or my financial logs?" Peggy called from where she was standing, "I trusted  you three. Brought you into my home, out of the storm....and this  is how I find you?"

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #242 on: January 23, 2019, 01:20:56 PM »

Charles jumped and turnex sharply to where the voice was coming from. "What are you talking about?" He asked sharply, surprised to hear about the alcohol. He looked at Thomas, brows furrowed in confusion.

I'm like the cool, ninja sharpshooter!

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #243 on: January 23, 2019, 01:25:32 PM »

Ralph quickly left, became himself, dressed, and quickly returned, waiting nearby.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr
« Reply #244 on: January 23, 2019, 01:26:13 PM »

Thomas swallowed hard before turning around; he had not even heard her enter the room. "We couldn't seem to fall asleep, thought we would find some books to read,' Thomas said evenly, casting a look over at her books, "We got curious," he confessed, "We should not have looked, I am very sorry"

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”

MercyResurrected

« Reply #245 on: January 23, 2019, 01:42:49 PM »

"And the adventure into my study?" Peggy asked, stepping towards Thomas, not entertained with his lies, "What did you find there?" she asked him, eyes staying on his wholy, "What  stories  did you learn?" She then glanced at Charles, "Did I murder my husband?"

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
« Reply #246 on: January 23, 2019, 01:54:36 PM »

Clara stood in the hallway, listening. Maybe Miss Peggy would change her mind and they would be have human for dinner next.
Member since April 24th 2010.
----------------------------------
Author of "We All Come Home"
Short story; pub. March 2018
in Scarborough Fair Magazine
----------------------------------
www.youtube.com/maragrace

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #247 on: January 23, 2019, 01:54:54 PM »

Thomas mouth twitched as she caught him in the lie; there was a small bit of fear building up inside but also guilt. He knew snooping had been a bad idea! He looked down shamefully, "We were wrong to snoop," he said but then looked up again with a frown, "How did you know we were in the study?" he questioned.

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #248 on: January 23, 2019, 01:56:04 PM »

"How long have you been listening to us?" Charles demanded, brows furrowed and jaw set. Thomas may have been remorseful for their actions, but he sure wasn't.

MercyResurrected

« Reply #249 on: January 23, 2019, 02:01:57 PM »

"This is a very quiet house. You think I couldn't hear you go down the stairs? I was just right in the kitchen," she lied, technically. The basement was through the kitchen, in a small cellar door in the greenhouse. "I've never been married, for your information. It's  hard to find someone who's okay with living with a recluse," Peggy told them, her words mostly stabbing towards Charles. "Murdered my husband," she repeated under her breath and turned, going towards her shelf and pulling out the book with the vodka, "Is kindness so rare in society these days? Did it dry up with all of our alcohol?" she said and unscrewed the lid.

Emma-la

« Reply #250 on: January 23, 2019, 02:11:40 PM »

Maggie’s eyes were wide, unsure how to react. They had angered their host, and that concerned her deeply, but there was also a part of her that felt angry that she had been listening to them this whole time. “One can never be too careful these days, Miss Peggy. The world is full of people who would take advantage of our situation to harm us.”
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #251 on: January 23, 2019, 02:15:04 PM »

gotta go! sorry!)

MercyResurrected

« Reply #252 on: January 23, 2019, 02:19:01 PM »

Peggy took a long drink straight from the bottle for a moment and then put it down and screwed the lid back on. She then put the bottle down and looked at three of them, shaking her head and then running her fingers through her hair, "Well then, if you're so set on believing the worst of me...." Peggy felt heat sting her eyes, "I suppose you have every right to." She'd gone the last 20 years without shedding a tear. She'd sworn she'd lost emotion like this long ago, "I lost my brother and then my parents. I've lived alone here for a long time with just my servants and I have no reason to harm you. I only intended to keep you from the harm of old Jack Frost out there."

Emma-la

« Reply #253 on: January 23, 2019, 02:25:36 PM »

Maggie frowned, trying very hard not to be taken in by the woman’s son story, but she had a heart and it bled for Peggy. Lin so sorry to hear that,” she said in a small, shameful voice. “We were wrong to distrust you. Please would you forgive us?”
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #254 on: January 23, 2019, 02:37:03 PM »

Charles didn't totally buy it, but he didn't say anything. "We do appreciate this, Peggy. We shouldn't have gone through your things."

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 252