Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 253

Author Topic: The Great Fangsby  (Read 47323 times)

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr
Re: The Great Fangsby
« Reply #2625 on: May 18, 2019, 11:18:46 AM »

Thomas had not realized how much he missed his mother until that moment. As he rubbed his head where she'd hit him, his eyes welled up and a smile broke out across his face, "I guess I deserved that," he said, then looked over at Peggy, his smile only growing more. Anyone could tell just by looking at Thomas that he was truly in love, "This Peggy...my wife," Thomas said then looked to his mother nervously, not sure how she would take the news.

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”

Emma-la

« Reply #2626 on: May 18, 2019, 11:22:14 AM »

Shirley’s face went through a flurry of emotions in just a few seconds. First, confusion, then a stab of anger as she processed it. But then she settled on happiness as the shock washed away. He was so in love. She took Peggy’s hands in her own, tears pricking her eyes as she looked the girl over. “She is radiant, Thomas.” She looked back at her son, a look of disapproval. “You got married? And you didn’t invite your mother?”
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #2627 on: May 18, 2019, 12:19:34 PM »

Thomas had known his mother would be angry with him for getting married and not even inviting them, but it was a relief to see how accepting she was of the marriage itself. "I know, and I am very sorry for that," Thomas told her sincerely, "It was a small ceremony, late at night. We didn't want to trouble you, with the journey," Thomas tried to explain

Emma-la

« Reply #2628 on: May 18, 2019, 12:25:39 PM »

“The journey?” She looked at him sternly. “You’re my son, you think I wouldn’t make the journry? Pah!” She grabbed his face. “You are my eldest child. No, this won’t do. You’ll just have to do it again.”

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
« Reply #2629 on: May 18, 2019, 12:28:23 PM »

Peggy was excited as she took her gloved hands and grinned at his mom, still not speaking, but then started to frown at the idea of marrying again. She swallowed, “Oh that’s not necessary Mrs. Juniper.”

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #2630 on: May 18, 2019, 12:29:08 PM »

"I imagined this going worse. With a fork involved," Charles stage-whispered to Maggie and Nico.

I'm like the cool, ninja sharpshooter!

Emma-la

« Reply #2631 on: May 18, 2019, 12:36:41 PM »

Maggie stifled a laugh and shook her head at Charles I’m warning. “I thought she’d kill him for sure.”

Shirley gave Peggy a sweet smile. “Oh darling, it’s fine really. I’m sure you’ll look like an angel in your wedding dress again. A mother can’t miss her child’s marriage.”

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #2632 on: May 18, 2019, 12:39:40 PM »

"Well the night is still young," Nico replied with an equally dramatic whisper.

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #2633 on: May 18, 2019, 12:44:10 PM »

Thomas quickly glanced back at his siblings and Nico with a glare before turning his attention back to his mother, "We can talk about it later," Thomas said, just wanting to get away from the topic. "Where is father?" he asked. It was his father Thomas was truly worried about seeing again.

Emma-la

« Reply #2634 on: May 18, 2019, 12:47:14 PM »

Shirley seemed to realize her rudeness at keeping them outside and stepped back, gesturing for them to come inside. “He’s inside, come on, get in here.” She let Thomas and Peggy pass but stopped Nico at the door, giving her daughter a far more disapproving look. “And who is this?” Maggie laughed nervously and stepped partially in front of Nico. “Thomas isn’t the only one coming back with a boo. But don’t worry, at least I’m not married.”

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
« Reply #2635 on: May 18, 2019, 12:57:49 PM »

Peggy followed Thomas in and hold his hands, breathing out slowly, "Well...At the very least, she didn't ask any questions about the night time arrival." she whispered.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #2636 on: May 18, 2019, 01:09:01 PM »

Nico gave his friendliest smile, though without his teeth showing. "Nicholas Ofstedt," he said, holding out his hand towards her. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Ma'am."

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #2637 on: May 18, 2019, 01:09:35 PM »

Thomas chuckled, "I think that went better than I expected," he said as his eyes looked around the familiar house.

"Shirley, what is all this racket. Who is at the door at this time of night?" came a voice from the top of the stairs. Thomas looked up just as his father started to make his way down. He paused halfway down the flight of stairs, eyes meeting Thomas'. The two men stared at one another in silence for a long and terribly uncomfortable  amount of time before Robert's shocked expression turned to anger. Instead of saying anything, Thomas' father turned and went back up the stairs and disappeared into his bedroom.

Emma-la

« Reply #2638 on: May 18, 2019, 01:11:59 PM »

Shirley frowned at Nico but nodded and took his hand gingerly. “Well come on, get inside, it’s dark out.” She ushered the last of them inside and looked up the stairs where her husband had been. “Robert!” She called, hands on her hips. “Get down here at once. Your children are here!”

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #2639 on: May 18, 2019, 01:17:33 PM »

"Your father sure seems like a peach," Nico said to Maggie in a wry voice. Perhaps they had parentage in common.
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 253