Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 253

Author Topic: The Great Fangsby  (Read 47338 times)

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
Re: The Great Fangsby
« Reply #2655 on: May 18, 2019, 10:58:33 PM »

Peggy felt that familiar anger she'd felt with her own mother when she'd insisted Peggy get married to Yvo instead of being her own woman and doing what she loved. She clung tightly to Thomas' arm and swallowed, "Maybe we shouldn't have come." she whispered to just him.

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr
« Reply #2656 on: May 19, 2019, 04:09:36 AM »

As much as Thomas wished he could have avoided such a confrontation with his parents, he knew it was a conversation that needed to happen. He couldn't just avoid his parents for the rest of their lives. He looked to Peggy and shook his head, "this needed to happened eventually," he whispered back. Thomas then looked to his mother, "What I did...was not right and I am sorry," Thomas said sincerely. He reluctantly pulled away from Peggy and went to his mother, taking her hands in his, "I love you and father very much but...I cannot stay and be trapped in a life that I do not enjoy. I always went along with your plans for me because I didn't want that burden to fall on Maggie or Charles. Now I have Peggy and...Ma, for the first time in my life I feel like I can breathe," Thomas said, wishing she could just understand.

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”

Emma-la

« Reply #2657 on: May 19, 2019, 04:12:15 AM »

Maggie tugged Charles’ elbow, glad to be out of the spotlight. “You think dads ever gonna come down?”

Shirley felt tremendous guilt at what she had been doing to her son and a tear fell from her eye. “Oh Thomas...” she said, enveloping him in a hug. “I’m so sorry we made you feel that way. But you must understand, somebody has to take over the business. It can’t just fall to the wayside.”
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #2658 on: May 19, 2019, 04:29:31 AM »

Thomas felt that familiar guilt festering as his mother brought up the point that had always kept him from leaving. He shook his and drew back, "It cannot last forever. Everything has an end Ma," Thomas siad as gently as he could

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #2659 on: May 19, 2019, 04:31:41 AM »

Charles shook his head and looked toward where his father had gone. "I have no idea, honestly."

I'm like the cool, ninja sharpshooter!

Emma-la

« Reply #2660 on: May 19, 2019, 06:19:09 AM »

Maggie stared up the stairs as well. “I should go get him. He’s going to have to talk to us at some point. The man can’t stay mad forever.”

Shirley frowned at him. “Enough of this talk for now. Well just have to figure it out later. But it’s late and you must be starving. Come on, I’ll get you something to eat.”

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #2661 on: May 20, 2019, 05:47:46 AM »

Thomas smiled politely, "yes, of course. That would be lovely," Thomas said. Of course they had made sure to feed before coming so he was thankfully not starving.

Emma-la

« Reply #2662 on: May 20, 2019, 06:34:09 AM »

Shirley started bustling around in the kitchen, busying herself so she didn’t have to think about the future of her family. She didn’t like what Thomas had to say about the business.

Maggie moves up the stairs, a determined glare in her eyes. “I’ve had enough, I’m getting dad.” She looked to Nico. “Stay with Charles. Try not to be rude to my mother.”

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
« Reply #2663 on: May 20, 2019, 07:00:36 AM »

Peggy watched Shirley go around the kitchen and came over beside her, gracefully picking up a spoon and stirring something on the stove, “Is there anything I can do to help Mrs. Juniper?”

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #2664 on: May 20, 2019, 07:09:02 AM »

Thomas watched Peggy with a smile before sitting down with Charles and Nico, relieved that he did not have to discuss the family business any longer.

Robert stood at the window in his and Shirley's bedroom,  his hands clutching the window sill as he glared out at the surrounding neighbourhood.

Emma-la

« Reply #2665 on: May 20, 2019, 07:23:51 AM »

Maggie knocked on her parents room, already walking in with a frown on her face. “Dad...” she started.

Shirley smiled at Peggy, putting her hand on the woman’s arm. “Why don’t you toast up some bread to go with the soup, darling?”

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #2666 on: May 20, 2019, 07:42:12 AM »

At the sound of his daughter's voice, Robert looked over his shoulder. His frown quickly softened into a small smile, "Margaret..." he said in greeting. While often very serious and aloof, Robert had a soft spot for his little girl; she could always crack open his hard exterior no matter how grumpy he was in the moment. "you're back," he noted, eyeing his daughter questioningly.

Emma-la

« Reply #2667 on: May 20, 2019, 07:53:35 AM »

She stepped fully in, smiling, and closed the door. “Here to visit,” she told him. “I missed you.”

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #2668 on: May 20, 2019, 08:10:24 AM »

He always knew a day would come when his little girl would move out on her own, but it was harder to accept than he'd imagined. Robert drew her into a big hug as his eyes glistened, "I miss you terribly," he admitted.

Emma-la

« Reply #2669 on: May 20, 2019, 08:15:34 AM »

Maggie hugged her father back tightly before she reached up and touched his cheek. “I miss you too dad,” she told him. She kissed his cheek, a great sadness taking over her. She hated to think how she would outlive him. “I’m right here pops,” she said with a small laugh. “I just need to be my own person, get my own place.”
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 253