Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 254

Author Topic: The Great Fangsby  (Read 47862 times)

Emma-la

Re: The Great Fangsby
« Reply #2685 on: May 21, 2019, 12:09:12 AM »

Maggie pouted. “Dad,” she complained. “I’m not a child anymore. And I may never get married! I can’t stay here forever. I want to travel, see the world!”

Shirley pursed her lips slightly, sitting down with the others. “We have to figure out sleeping arrangements,” she told them simply. She hated the thought of any of her children in a bed with the opposite sex, married or not.
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
« Reply #2686 on: May 21, 2019, 12:44:58 AM »

“Thomas and I have a room at the hotel just down the road, so you don’t have to worry about us. This is sort of part of our honeymoon,” Peggy said casually.

Emma-la

« Reply #2687 on: May 21, 2019, 12:46:37 AM »

Shirley took a deep steadying breath, clearly still taking issue with the fact that her son was married. “And what else do you have planned for your honeymoon? Are you visiting your own parents as well?”

MercyResurrected

« Reply #2688 on: May 21, 2019, 12:53:08 AM »

“Oh um...we’re just here. The farm takes a lot of work so we don’t have a lot of time to travel or anything,” Peggy explained before pausing, “Oh...no. My parents are no longer with us.”

Emma-la

« Reply #2689 on: May 21, 2019, 12:55:19 AM »

Oh no, she had made the poor girl uncomfortable. She reached out, her face fallen, and took Peggy’s hands on hers. “I’m so sorry to hear that. That is one of the benefits of marriage though,” she added sweetly. “You get to gain a set of parents.”

MercyResurrected

« Reply #2690 on: May 21, 2019, 01:26:36 AM »

Peggy looked at Mrs Juniper and a light smile met her lips, “Thank you Mrs. Juniper. That is perhaps the kindest sentiment someone has offered me about losing them.”

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr
« Reply #2691 on: May 21, 2019, 01:31:08 AM »

Robert didn’t like the idea of his daughter never getting married. What kind of life was that? She would be ridiculed! He tried not to show his concern and disapproval, not wanting to upset her. He sighed and dropped his hands, “I understand. I suppose it’s time I let you go,” he said with a crack in his voice

Thomas smiled at his mother then at Peggy, feeling overjoyed that his mum was accepting Peggy in. He sighed then and looked towards the stairs, thinking about his father. Why couldn’t he be as forgiving?

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”

Emma-la

« Reply #2692 on: May 21, 2019, 01:34:33 AM »

Shirley patted Peggy’s hands gently. “You will always have a home with us, dear,” she insisted.

Maggie could tell how much she was hurting her father. “I’ll always be your little girl,” she promised him. “And I’m not going anywhere anytime soon. I’m going to find a place in the city, I won’t be far.”

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #2693 on: May 21, 2019, 05:07:48 AM »

He smiled sadly and kissed her forehead, “you will always be welcome home,” he said

Emma-la

« Reply #2694 on: May 21, 2019, 05:12:13 AM »

He seemed to have calmed down significantly so she took her chance. “Thanks dad. Could you say the same thing for Tommy?”

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #2695 on: May 21, 2019, 05:20:36 AM »

(lol, I was waiting for that :P)

Robert stiffened and his smile was quickly replaced by a frown at the mention of his eldest son, "Thomas chose to abandon his family. He's no longer welcome here," Robert said.

Thomas's eyes teared up, "Ma...you don't know how much that means to us," he said, "to me"
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 05:22:22 AM by kristina-la »

Emma-la

« Reply #2696 on: May 21, 2019, 05:38:50 AM »

Maggie frowned, taking his arm. “Dad,” she tried. “You can’t just disown him like this. I was mad too but he fell in love. He’s going to be your son, no matter what.”

Shirley reached across the table, touching his hand. “I want you two to be happy.”

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #2697 on: May 21, 2019, 06:04:23 AM »

Robert shook his head and pulled away, “Thomas left without a trace for over a year. He abandoned us and his responsibility to the shop.” Robert said, growing angry. “Do you have any idea how heart broken your mother was? Listening to her cry herself to sleep every night for months”

Thomas blinked away his tears and looked over at Peggy with a smile, “we truly are happy.” Thomas said.

Emma-la

« Reply #2698 on: May 21, 2019, 06:20:24 AM »

Maggie crossed her arms, the smile dropping fully from her face. “That’s not fair! He left us all, and it was wrong but you can’t hate him forever. I left for over two months, but you’re not mad at me! Thomas didn’t leave to hurt us.”

Shirley started clearing the plates. “Good. Now are you two planning to at least stay for a few days? Your dear old mother hasn’t seen you in so long.”

MercyResurrected

« Reply #2699 on: May 21, 2019, 06:29:44 AM »

Peggy looked at Thomas and chewed on her lip. She was really happy to hear that from him. He always seemed happy with her but to hear it from his own mouth to his mother, she smiled at him with little tears of her own. “I promise I’m taking very good care of him and...” she felt a few tears  falling down, “I’m sorry that thomas and I haven’t visited before. Things have been complicated. My home was burned down and we had to move to my childhood farm. It was very upsetting and the distance was far to move so many things.”
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 254