Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 379

Author Topic: The Great Fangsby  (Read 79363 times)

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr
Re: The Great Fangsby
« Reply #2700 on: May 21, 2019, 06:49:23 AM »

Robert shook his head and walked to the window again, stubborn as always. "My grandfather started that little shop over 60 years ago. My father carried on in his footsteps and then I after him," Robert said. "All that hard work will be for nothing now because Thomas has put some woman ahead of his family," Robert said angrily.

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”

Emma-la

« Reply #2701 on: May 21, 2019, 07:00:06 AM »

Shirley gasped and put her hand to her heart. “Goodness! I’m so sorry to hear that! Have you recovered from it? I’m sure Robert and I could help out.”

Maggie scowled, ever a match for his stubbornness. “You can’t expect us to keep the shop open, none of us chose it! Thomas has other aspirations, just like Charles and me. It’s not his fault our great grandfather opened up a shop.”
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #2702 on: May 21, 2019, 07:49:10 AM »

Thomas swallowed hard as memories of that night resurfaced. Had Peggy not turned him, Thomas would have died that day; killed by his own sister. "it was terrible but we survived and are doing quite well with the farm," Thomas said, "Please, you need not worry about us Ma," Thomas assured her.

Robert scowled out the window, saying nothing in response. It was clear the man was not going to forgive his eldest son that easily.

Emma-la

« Reply #2703 on: May 21, 2019, 07:57:56 AM »

Maggie growled. “Fine,” she snapped. “If you won’t see Thomas, then I guess we’ll just have to go back to the farm,” she threatened.

Shirley shook her head. “I will always worry,” she insisted. “About all my children.” She looked up the stairs. “I just wish your father would come down.”

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
« Reply #2704 on: May 21, 2019, 08:11:36 AM »

Peggy looked at the staircase and frowned a bit, "I--I had really hoped to meet you both, but I do know that Mr. Juniper would probably find me nothing but a temptress who took his son away. I--I had no one in the world until Thomas came about. I'd lost my brother and parents years before and it was just me and those who helped maintain the house."

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #2705 on: May 21, 2019, 08:13:42 AM »

"fine, go back." Robert said, regretting the words instantly but it was too late to take them back.

Thomas looked to Peggy sadly; he did not wish for her to feel guilty about his father's anger and stubbornness. He stood up and looked towards the stairs, "maybe I should just go up there and talk to him myself," Thomas said, though it was the last thing he wanted to do. He knew better than his brother and sister what the shop meant to their father. The sacrifices he'd made to keep it alive. Abandoning that legacy was just about the worst thing Thomas could do in his father's eyes.

Emma-la

« Reply #2706 on: May 21, 2019, 08:17:19 AM »

Maggie turned on her heel and stormed out, slamming the door behind her. His words hurt, she couldn’t believe he would act like this. She came into the kitchen like a tornado. “Father refuses to come down. I think it’s best if we just leave.”

Shirley’s face fell and she stood with surprise. “No, please, you don’t have to leave. You only just got here!”

MercyResurrected

« Reply #2707 on: May 21, 2019, 08:21:15 AM »

Peggy looked at Thomas and raised an eyebrow before shaking her head. She got up, coming to his side and then put a hand on his chest gently, "May I speak with him on your behalf?"

Emma-la

« Reply #2708 on: May 21, 2019, 08:28:51 AM »

“I’ve already tried,” Maggie grumbled. “He’s being a bullheaded cow about it all.”

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #2709 on: May 21, 2019, 08:30:49 AM »

Thomas sighed and shook his head, "I can't let you fight this battle for me," Thomas said. If Maggie couldn't get through to him, Thomas wasn't sure anyone could. "Come with me. We can try talking to him together," Thomas suggested.

MercyResurrected

« Reply #2710 on: May 21, 2019, 08:41:36 AM »

Peggy nodded at him and taking his hand, ascended the staircase. She gently rapped on the door with her fist, “Mr. Juniper?”

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #2711 on: May 21, 2019, 08:52:04 AM »

Thomas waited at the door, listening for a response but heard nothing. He groaned and pushed the door open to find his father at the window. Thomas sighed and entered the room, "Father, please just talk to me. to us. Let us explain.."

His father turned around and shook his head,"I have nothing to say to you," Robert said coldly as he tried to pushed past them to get out of the room. THomas grabbed his arm firmly and kept him from doing so, "That's fine. I just want you to listen then. I am sorry for what I did, but you must understand that I never wanted the life you envisioned for me. I...I could not make the sacrifices you made and still be happy. Especially not after meeting Peggy," he said with a loving smile at her.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #2712 on: May 21, 2019, 09:01:00 AM »

"I could always go up there and drag him down here myself," Nico said to Maggie in a soft voice, trying his best to at least pretend like he cared about their family squabble.

Emma-la

« Reply #2713 on: May 21, 2019, 09:06:53 AM »

Maggie was fuming, but Nico's comment brought a small smile to her face. "He's impossible." She couldn't get the thought out of her head that her father was getting old and they didn't have time for him to hold grudges. "What if he never speaks to Tommy again?"

MercyResurrected

« Reply #2714 on: May 21, 2019, 09:11:49 AM »

Peggy looked at Thomas’ father and seeing him truly, for the first time, she could see some of the similarities between him and Thomas. She was silent at first, but she didn’t want to let Thomas be alone and touched his arm before adding, “I’m sorry we didn’t call before. It was thoughtless of me.”
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 379