Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 417

Author Topic: The Great Fangsby  (Read 136224 times)

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
Re: The Great Fangsby
« Reply #3735 on: August 12, 2019, 10:30:00 PM »

“I don’t know what your intention is or what we have done to you, but I can assure you, we are not the monsters your tales tell. I haven’t touched human blood in at least 40 years. Thomas has never tasted it. You cannot think you do some justice or are some kind of savior when we have done no wrong,” Peggy made abundantly clear. She looked at the three men who entered the house but did not move or flinch.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #3736 on: August 12, 2019, 10:41:18 PM »

"My apologies if I made you think I care about that," Elizabeth rolled her eyes. "No, I want you to leave this state quietly, or the entire country really. Or, I'll kill you. And your brother. Mortal lives are so easy to tamper with, and it seems his is almost over now," she said. She looked down at Charles, who was now out cold and stroked his hair gently. "Such a shame. He was fun."

Higher, further, faster

Emma-la

« Reply #3737 on: August 13, 2019, 12:20:57 AM »

Maggie gripped Nico’s thigh so hard she was sure the nails would be drawing blood if he had any. She was well and truly terrified. “You don’t have to do this,” she begged, awful memories from the last vampire hunter she had met resurfacing. “We- Charles is a good person, he doesn’t deserve this.”
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
« Reply #3738 on: August 13, 2019, 12:31:24 AM »

Thomas’ anger was building with every moment that passed. Charles has been so happy, so in love. He’d thought there was something off about Elizabeth, but never had he expected her to be using Charles with just carelessness. That was what angered him the most. “If he dies, nothing will stop the four of us from killing you and your friends here,” Thomas said, “perhaps I’ll taste my first human today,” he snarled, trying to sound intimidating despite how terrified he was for his brother and for Maggie; he knew the circumstances were probably forcing her to relive memories of the last hunter they encountered.

"It will never be enough! I only want to hear JaJa Ding Dong!"

MercyResurrected

« Reply #3739 on: August 13, 2019, 06:25:04 AM »

Peggy tapped her fingers against the table for a few long moments and then put her arm in front of Thomas, "We'll do it. We'll leave. But you give us Charles and the antidote. When the sun sets, we'll make arrangements and go." Peggy said quickly and looked at the other three vampires around her. She then took a deep breath, "We've done nothing to you. Your cruelty will not be forgotten when you are old and weak, mortal."

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #3740 on: August 13, 2019, 01:52:19 PM »

<**jesus I missed a lot. Thanks roomba -_-**>

Nico pulled Maggie closer to him, a growl escaping from deep in his throat. He used to hate all humans, thought they were all animals. And now, now he tried to trust them like everyone else did. See where that left them?

He looked over at Charles, wondering if anyone else had thought of the obvious, yet most dreadful solution: turn him and whatever poison she had given him would no longer be effective.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #3741 on: August 13, 2019, 02:11:40 PM »

(Boo roomba)

"Hm..." Elizabeth pursed her lips and wandered over to the window. "I'll need something to ensure that you leave. I'll give him the antidote, but I'll be keeping him until I'm certain you've gone. Then he can do as he wish, follow you, leave you all behind forever, it doesn't matter much to me." She pulled another vial from a pocket in her dress and looked it over before walking over to Charles' side. "Do we have a deal?" She asked, opening the vial and waiting.

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

« Reply #3742 on: August 13, 2019, 02:20:05 PM »

"Peggy, you can't be serious," Thomas blurted out, "We can't just leave behind our life here. What about the shop? My parents?" he questioned. He knew they had to do what ever it took to save Charles but surely there was some other way out of the mess they'd found themselves in. He glanced over at Maggie and Nico, raising his brow as he noted how Nico was eyeing Charles. There was a way, he realized, but Thomas would never forgive himself if he allowed that to happen. it wasn't what his brother wanted.

Emma-la

« Reply #3743 on: August 14, 2019, 07:29:53 AM »

Maggie didn’t like the look in Nico and Thomas’ eyes. The longer this ordeal went on, the more chance Charles would die. And as much as she wanted to think they could take these humans, she didn’t. “Thomas we have to do what’s right for Charles.”

MercyResurrected

« Reply #3744 on: August 15, 2019, 03:10:10 AM »

“We will leave,” Peggy said, ignoring the other voices in the room, “But with one condition. I will take Charles place. You will hold me here until the others are confirmed to be in another state or country. I will not try to run. I will not harm any of you. Please. Give Charles the antidote and send him with his siblings,” Peggy all but begged in a calm, nearly regal exchange. She looked at Thomas and then gently took his hand.

kristina-la

« Reply #3745 on: August 15, 2019, 03:26:49 AM »

Thomas stared at peggy, not surprised by her offer, but not at all pleased by it. It was essentially the offer he’d made to her when he and his siblings discovered her secret. However, he didn’t trust Elizabeth to honour her word. She was far more likely to go back on it and hurt peggy than Charles. Thomas sighed and nodded though, knowing she would not change her mind

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #3746 on: August 15, 2019, 05:26:00 AM »

"Make it a different country, then, and you have a deal. And not Canada. I'm sure it's no problem, since some of you love to travel." Her eyes landed on Maggie and narrowed. She flipped open the vial and tilted Charles' head back so his mouth was open, then poured it in.
"This'll take a bit to kick in for him, so I suggest you make your arrangements now."

Higher, further, faster

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #3747 on: August 15, 2019, 08:26:44 AM »

Nico got up, taking Maggie's hand, eyes locked on the human the entire time. "Peggy, please. She's just going to kill you," he said.

Emma-la

« Reply #3748 on: August 15, 2019, 08:54:47 AM »

Maggie tugged on Nico’s hand worriedly, eyes casting around at the other hunters. Maybe if they stalled, Charles would come to. “How did you even know about us? How long have you known?”

MercyResurrected

« Reply #3749 on: August 15, 2019, 09:29:47 AM »

“Better me than Charles,” Peggy said and then took her hands away from Thomas before starting to walk towards some of her bookshelves. She pulled specific books and started to pull money from pages of the books, more than had been seen in the shops in months. She started dividing up the money and then as it was counted, she took it to Thomas, “That should be enough for you to get passage on a ship” she said and then looked at him, “I have some more up in the bedroom”
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 417