Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 331

Author Topic: The Great Fangsby  (Read 64161 times)

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
Re: The Great Fangsby
« Reply #3810 on: August 28, 2019, 07:09:32 AM »

Peggy sat in the room she’d been forced into, on the bed, which was the thinnest possible mattress on a very thin metal frame. Not that she’s slept much or done much of anything. Elizabeth’s father had taken Peggy’s Passive nature as an insult and was starving her. She hadn’t had food or blood in the time since she’d arrived at the building. She looked down at the ring on her hand, starting to slip off fingers that were much thinner and wrinkled, her age seeming to catch up with her now and gripped her hand. She just wanted to hear from Thomas. She wanted to know he was safe.

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr
« Reply #3811 on: August 28, 2019, 10:32:53 AM »

Thomas just wanted Peggy to be there with him; he wanted to know she was alive and well. He walked into the Tavern and booked two rooms and acquired a pen and stationary from the woman at the front desk. He glanced back at his brother briefly before heading up to their room; he just didn't know what to say to Charles. After the effects of whatever Elizabeth drugged him with wore us, Thomas had reluctantly explained everything to his brother. He really hadn't spoken with Charles since then.

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”

|ĸιrα|

• Dost thou comprehend?
« Reply #3812 on: August 28, 2019, 10:50:02 AM »

"Don't look at me like that," Charles said quietly while he followed Thomas to their rooms.

Elizabeth came into Peggy's room, arms crossed. "How's our guest today?' She asked, leaning against the wall with a sickly sweet smile.

Twist the bones and bend the back
Trim him of his baby fat
Give him hair black as black
Just...like...this

MercyResurrected

« Reply #3813 on: August 28, 2019, 11:53:44 AM »

Peggy looked up towards the woman and flexed her fingers around the ring again , “Have you received any word from Thomas?” She asked, the only question she tended to ask. She never made eye contact with Elizabeth though, always looking past her or around her.

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #3814 on: August 28, 2019, 12:04:57 PM »

Thomas opened the door to their room and walked inside before turning on his brother, pinching the bridge of nose; he was struggling with his hunger; it was not easy having Charles so close. "I'm sorry Charles, for all of this," he finally said, "I...I don't know what else to say," he muttered as he took a seat on the bed before his legs could give way.

|ĸιrα|

• Dost thou comprehend?
« Reply #3815 on: August 28, 2019, 12:14:18 PM »

"It isn't your fault." Charles stayed back by the wall. He didn't know much about the whole vampire business, and while he did trust his brother he didn't trust the fact that he was alone with him and he hadn't actually eaten anything in days. "Maggie and Nico should be here soon."

"No. If they reached wherever they were going, it won't be days or even weeks until we receive a letter," she said boredly. "It's probably been just as long since they've eaten, as well. Unless of course they decided to have poor Charlie for dinner. Honestly, if you had just gone with them then he'd be safe, and you'd  be with your monster family. Do you think this is worth it?"

Trim him of his baby fat
Just...like...this

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #3816 on: August 28, 2019, 12:23:03 PM »

"Perhaps not, but I'm still sorry you are going through this. I'd really hoped she was sincere about her feelings for you," Thomas said with a sigh. He looked up and over at his brother and rolled his eyes, "I'm not going to hurt you Charlie," Thomas said, "I would never hurt you, I'd rather starve to death," he said.

|ĸιrα|

• Dost thou comprehend?
« Reply #3817 on: August 28, 2019, 12:26:16 PM »

"I know that," Charles said, though it was a bit defensively. "I don't know how the blood sucking hunger thing works." He didn't respond to what he said about Elizabeth. She was the last thing he wanted to think about right then.

Trim him of his baby fat
Just...like...this

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #3818 on: August 28, 2019, 12:30:31 PM »

Thomas nodded, "We'll need to feed soon; this is the longest I've gone without feeding," he admitted. Thomas really wasn't sure how much longer he could go, but he knew Charles was save. Thomas could never resort to that.

MercyResurrected

« Reply #3819 on: August 28, 2019, 02:11:56 PM »

“Safe with you? After what you’d already done to him? Tore at his heart? I’ve hurt him accidentally in ways I cannot fix, but you had every intention of hurting him on purpose, not caring one bit what you left if your wake. What was I doing that caused you to evacuate me from my home?! Selling damn hats?!” Peggy told her, as fiercely as her weakened state would allow. It was a lot though and she sat back and leaned her head against the wall, “Go. Tell your father whatever you will. I don’t understand what use I am to you, here.”

|ĸιrα|

• Dost thou comprehend?
« Reply #3820 on: August 28, 2019, 02:33:53 PM »

"That's reassuring to hear," Charles said, none too seriously.

"He'd be better off than getting his throat ripped out by the monsters you created. We've been keeping tabs, Peggy. Your clan has caused problems, from within the city with other hunters to creating new vampires. It was time we drive you out, but unfortunately you yourself were too stubborn to leave." Elizabeth laughed as she watched Peggy's attempt to intimidate her. "I nust say, this diet has not done you any favors. Can't imagine your dear Thomas would want you now." She rolled her eyes and opened the door. "Ah, well, daddy'll like to know you're still talkin'." She smiled at her and slipped out, shutting and locking the door behind her.

Trim him of his baby fat
Just...like...this

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #3821 on: August 28, 2019, 02:41:00 PM »

Thomas just shook his head and got out the stationary he’d grabbed downstairs, “Charles...,” he started but he just didn’t have it in him to say much else, “never mind,” he grumbled. Thomas started to write out a letter to peggy; he was eager to get it sent out. It would still be weeks before he saw her again, and that was killing him. It was more painful than the hunger in his gut.

MercyResurrected

« Reply #3822 on: August 28, 2019, 03:21:04 PM »

Peggy watched her go and then put her arms around herself. It didn’t take Elizabeth’s words alone to affect her. She knew what she probably looked like. A shriveled old woman. Ghastly and ghostly. She felt tears indeed prick at her eyes at the thought of Thomas turning up his nose at her. Peggy clutched what she could of the bed. She needed help if she wanted to escape and they would just hunt her down again. Hurt Charles more. She laid down in her mattress and sobbed silently into her pillow. She felt so alone.

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #3823 on: August 28, 2019, 03:23:18 PM »

Ahhh my heart  :'( if Thomas even gets back to New York, Elizabeth and her father might just be his first taste of human blood! Grrrrrr)

|ĸιrα|

• Dost thou comprehend?
« Reply #3824 on: August 28, 2019, 03:54:21 PM »

(✌ he can have at it lmao)

Charles huffed and then walked around the room to choose a bed. He shed his coat and laid down, tucking his hands behind his head as he stared up at the ceiling. He felt a lot of things right then, but overwhelmingly he felt guilty. Which was quite new for him. Normally he'd find someone else to blame, but right then he could only seem to blame himself for Elizabeth's betrayal and his naivety. Of course it had all been too good to be true, because that was just the way. And not only had it upturned his life, but his mistaken trust had torn apart his brother's life - er, afterlife.

Trim him of his baby fat
Just...like...this
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 331