Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 417

Author Topic: The Great Fangsby  (Read 136210 times)

Emma-la

Re: The Great Fangsby
« Reply #4065 on: September 18, 2019, 08:57:03 AM »

“They stayed to hold him off, until I could warn you,” Maggie said, shrugging it off. “I really think we should get you out of here. Disguise your scent.”
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
« Reply #4066 on: September 18, 2019, 10:14:50 AM »

Thomas reached the tavern and rushed up the stairs and down the hall to nico and Maggie’s room, hoping they weren’t too late

"It will never be enough! I only want to hear JaJa Ding Dong!"

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #4067 on: September 19, 2019, 02:03:20 PM »

"And how do you propose we mask my scent?" Nico asked. He pulled the curtains closed, as if that would stop Mikhal; as if it would hide them any better. He looked to the door then, hearing Thomas approach.

kristina-la

« Reply #4068 on: September 19, 2019, 02:24:08 PM »

Thomas burst threw the door in a panic, fully expecting Mikhal to already be there. He breathed out a sigh of relief when he realized it was just Maggie and Nico. Thomas pinched the bridge of his nose and paced around the room, "Obviously we have a problem here," he said, "Nico, what the hell did you do to piss off your brother like this? He wants to kill you! I want answers," Thomas demanded. He was terrified, not knowing what Mikhal was going to do; would he really harm their parents?

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #4069 on: September 19, 2019, 02:27:32 PM »

Charles ran in after Thomas, completely out of breath. "Vampire...running...not fair..." he gasped out, trying to catch his air. He finally stood up straight and looked at Nico, frowning. "You completely traumatized the guy! What the hell happened?!"

Higher, further, faster

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #4070 on: September 20, 2019, 08:14:43 AM »

"What are you talking about?" Nico demanded, looking back and forth between the two brothers. "What did he say to you? What did he say I did?"

kristina-la

« Reply #4071 on: September 20, 2019, 10:21:42 AM »

Thomas frowned, "Well...he said you killed your whole family, but judging from your reaction I'm going to say that was probably a lie," Thomas said in confusion.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #4072 on: September 20, 2019, 10:36:55 AM »

"No way, I did an entire interview with him. I can tell when people are lying," Charles said. He pulled his notebook out and started flipping through it.

Higher, further, faster

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #4073 on: September 20, 2019, 11:42:29 AM »

"Apparently you can't," Nico said to Charles, his tone dark. He covered his mouth, pacing around for a moment. "Our family is dead, but I didn't kill them. They died from disease." He stopped finally, his face grave, looking quite a few years older than he was suddenly. "I suppose it's time I told you everything about my brother."

Emma-la

« Reply #4074 on: September 20, 2019, 01:05:32 PM »

Maggie watched the three men with concern. It was a relief to hear Nico confirm that his brother had been lying, but she felt apprehensive at the thought of hearing what must undoubtedly be a sad family history. She put her hand on his arm, trying to be comforting. “I think it is.”

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #4075 on: September 20, 2019, 02:03:47 PM »

<**okay it's time for me to be super long-winded so I'm gonna split this into a couple of posts**>

Nico tapped his foot, crossing his arms and giving Maggie the best smile he possibly could, though it was void of any humour or warmth. "Right, so... I don't like talking about it. About him. But I guess I should start from the beginning."

He closed his eyes, lowering his head, looking like he was about to recite a eulogy. "Mikhal is the youngest of our family, and he'd always been a scrawny little thing. Weak, delicate, a real rabbit of a boy," Nico snorted. "No surprise that he was constantly getting picked on, eh? The boys at school, the other kids on the street, our own sisters; not a day would go by where he wouldn't come home cryin', with a black eye or a busted lip, scraped knees, torn clothing or a broken toy. Just always getting real shit from people, y'know? Of course his tormentors usually denied it. My sisters always claimed they had never touched him, never broke his stuff, but I mean, come on the proof was right there. What were we to believe, that Mikhal was injuring himself, some times quite severely, in order to get other kids in trouble? That would have been ridiculous.

"Being the oldest, I had a certain duty to protect my younger siblings, so I was always there to defend him. I must've beat up a dozen or so different kids after school for hurting him. And honestly, I loved it. Guess that really says a lot about me, huh?" he said with a bitter laugh.

kristina-la

« Reply #4076 on: September 20, 2019, 03:09:06 PM »

Thomas leaned back against the wall, hands in his pockets and eyes on Nico as the other vampire told his story; he stayed  quiet throughout, just waiting for Nico to continue.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #4077 on: September 21, 2019, 12:48:15 PM »

Nico could sence their impatience, and decided to bite the bullet and just get through with telling them what he had never told another soul. "After I was turned, I left home, right? For years," he continued. "Wreaked all sorts of havoc all over the place, until on a whim I decided to pop back home and see how my folks were doing and such."

He lowered his head, taking a deep breath. "Unlike what my brother told you, they were all dead when I got there. Some disease or another. Mikhal was the only survivor, probably because he'd been the last to catch it. Whatever it was spread quickly and violently, by the time anyone realized they were sick it was too late. By the time my mother and one of my sisters died, Mikhal took it upon himself to seek out a doctor. They managed to cure him before his symptoms started. Or, so we thought.

"He was shocked to see me, to put it mildly. I had disappeared for over ten years- everyone thought I was dead, and that Mikhal was the only living heir to our family's title and inheritance." Nico paused for a moment, laughing almost authentically. "Hell, maybe that's why he wants me dead. He knows he can't have the money or the power with the threat of me walking around." He closed his eyes again. "So, to cut things short, I revealed my true nature to him. Because, I don't know, he was my little brother and I thought... I just... yeah. Anyway, he wanted me to turn him. Of course I said no."

He sat on the edge of the bed then, hands clasped, still staring at the floor. "That's when the illness took him again. Turns out they hadn't gotten rid of it. Within days he was on death's door. Begging me, pleading with me to help him. To save him. And what else was I suppose to do?" Nico asked, looking up at the others. "He was my baby brother..."

"The idea of Mikhal injuring himself to get other people in trouble was ridiculous, but all too late I realized that that was exactly what he had been doing. For his entire life Mikhal had taken advantage of the fact that people saw him as weak and scared. He is by far the most manipulative person I have ever met, to the point of madness." He grit his teeth, the anger setting in again. "He hadn't even been sick."

"He'd been poisoning himself."

Emma-la

« Reply #4078 on: September 21, 2019, 12:53:43 PM »

Maggie’s heart clenched as Nico told his story, thinking of her own relationship with her brothers, what she would have done in his place. It was unthinkable to her that one of her brothers would ever use her the way Mikhal had Nico. She squeezed his hand tightly, eyes wide. “I’m so sorry Nico,” she said in a soft voice. She’d never imagined this was what ruined their relationship. She had assumed there had been a misunderstanding that did it.

kristina-la

« Reply #4079 on: September 21, 2019, 01:16:58 PM »

Thomas swallowed and bowed his head, feeling terrible for even doubting nico for a moment. Looking back, mikhal had seemed unhinged and not in the way someone would be If their brother really killed their whole family. “Nico...” he started, unsure what to really say. He sighed and glanced at Charles, “how seriously would you take his threats?” He then asked, worried about his parents.

Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 417