Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 417

Author Topic: The Great Fangsby  (Read 136213 times)

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
Re: The Great Fangsby
« Reply #4110 on: September 25, 2019, 12:43:40 PM »

Peggy sank into Thomas’ arms and buried her face in his chest, “My world was incomplete. I am glad to be with you again.” She leaned up and kissed his cheek, “I’m sorry I didn’t write. I had to run. I didn’t even get a proper release”

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
« Reply #4111 on: September 25, 2019, 01:04:53 PM »

Thomas gently took her face in his hands, thumb running along her cheek, "You're really here," he whispered in amazement, voice cracking, "I...I was beginning to think I'd never see you again," he admitted.

"It will never be enough! I only want to hear JaJa Ding Dong!"

MercyResurrected

« Reply #4112 on: September 25, 2019, 01:27:16 PM »

“Thomas—I’ve done something awful,” she said and looked down, “Perhaps unforgivable,” she whispered as she turned her head down? Frowning.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #4113 on: September 25, 2019, 01:34:23 PM »

"Peggy?" Charles mumbled sleepily, sitting up. He'd adapted moreso to his siblings schedule now.

Elizabeth stayed back away from the door, not wanting to see any of the Juniper siblings.

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

« Reply #4114 on: September 25, 2019, 01:40:56 PM »

Thomas gently lifted her head by the chin and searched her face and eyes, "What happened?" he asked carefully, ignoring Charles behind him.

MercyResurrected

« Reply #4115 on: September 25, 2019, 01:49:55 PM »

“They wouldn’t release me. The editor. He said because I let Francis take his wife, I would be taken from you. They’d been starving me. I was weak, frail, gaunt. Thomas—I—Elizabeth offered herself to me, so I would have the strength to escape. Peggy looked over her shoulder and then stepped aside, “I couldn’t stop myself. And then I turned her.”

kristina-la

« Reply #4116 on: September 25, 2019, 02:01:53 PM »

Thomas' immediate reaction was of course anger; anger that Elizabeth and her father hadn't honoured their word. He struggled to care about Elizabeth, even if she had sacrificed herself to save Peggy. His second thought was of Charles, behind him on the bed. Thomas swallowed and glanced into the hall, "You brought her with you then?" he asked, trying to keep his voice down though he was certain Charles had probably already heard. Thomas sighed and drew Peggy into a cautious hug, not sure what he could say to help in the situation

MercyResurrected

« Reply #4117 on: September 25, 2019, 02:44:28 PM »

"I didn't mean to kill her and I--I didn't want to turn her. My instincts took over," Peggy whispered into his shoulder as she held to him. She dug her fingers into his back, "I feel dreadful. I haven't bathed in days. I'm drenched. Has it rained every day?"

kristina-la

« Reply #4118 on: September 25, 2019, 03:02:42 PM »

Thomas held onto Peggy, almost fearful that her being there was a dream. He hadn't really slept much in the weeks since leaving America. He hadn't really fed much either. It wouldn't be a surprise to him if she was just an illusion. Thomas drew back and put his hand along her cheek, just needing that contact to ground him. She was really there. "It has rained off and on for most of our time here," Thomas confirmed, "which does make it easier for us to get around during the day," he said with a shrug

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #4119 on: September 25, 2019, 03:08:47 PM »

Charles had only half heard what they had been saying, and Thomas was still blocking the door so he couldn't see much except that they were hugging now.

Elizabeth frowned slightly and crossed her arms, looking down at the creaky floorboards. "Could we get a room then or are we all fitting in there?"

Higher, further, faster

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #4120 on: September 25, 2019, 04:30:52 PM »

Nico was still lying on one of the beds, a wide grin spreading across his face as he heard Peggy. Despite everything, he found it hilarious. "Oh, that's rich. Little psycho got turned."

Emma-la

« Reply #4121 on: September 25, 2019, 10:01:37 PM »

Maggie raised her eyebrows, eyes searching behind Peggy. Whether she’d helped Peggy or not, Maggie still had strong feelings towards Elizabeth. “How could you bring her here?”
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

MercyResurrected

« Reply #4122 on: September 26, 2019, 03:25:16 AM »

"I'm sorry that my nature doesn't allow me to just leave someone for dead. I--I've killed one too many people in my lifetime, I don't mean to do it ever again." Peggy hissed at Maggie. She gave her a stern look, "Without her, I wouldn't have escaped. She spared my life. And--if I'd left her dead, her father would hunt us all down, with her here, we at very least have a bartering chip." she looked back to Thomas, "I will go downstairs and get a second room for us. I just want to bathe and rest." She glanced at Elizabeth, "Maggie, watch her." she said before turning to go downstairs, still holding Thomas' hand.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #4123 on: September 26, 2019, 04:15:42 AM »

Charles hadn't said anything, mostly because he didn't know what to say. He got up and grabbed his coat, walking out the door. He didn't even spare Elizabeth a look as he walked past. She breathed in sharply at his scent, her expression going blank as she tried to control herself from attacking, so she took a few steps back against the wall.

Higher, further, faster

Emma-la

« Reply #4124 on: September 26, 2019, 06:14:23 AM »

Maggie got out of bed and stomped over to Elizabeth, looking her up and down with a snarl. “You keep your distance,” she hissed at the girl. “If I see you so much as eyeing up my brother I’ll kill you.”
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 417