Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 416

Author Topic: The Great Fangsby  (Read 135791 times)

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
Re: The Great Fangsby
« Reply #4830 on: October 14, 2019, 09:48:11 AM »

“I mean—she found him the first time. At least, a lot of his blood,” Peggy said and squeezed Ruth’s hand. Such a small girl caught up in such a world of violence.

The wolf slowed and sniffed the ground before turning its head at the woods nearby. She got low to the ground and growled quietly before suddenly a man Leapt  out of the woods at her. Grant. Her own brother. He tussled with the wolf and then rolled onto her back, stabbing at her several times before attempting to put a muzzle over her mouth, the Wolf weakened from the wounds but still attempting to fight back

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #4831 on: October 14, 2019, 10:15:43 AM »

(What noooo)

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
« Reply #4832 on: October 14, 2019, 02:03:15 PM »

Thomas stopped suddenly and looked in the direction the wolf had run, "Something's wrong," Thomas said, hearing sounds of a struggle.

"It will never be enough! I only want to hear JaJa Ding Dong!"

MercyResurrected

« Reply #4833 on: October 14, 2019, 02:08:40 PM »

Peggy smelled fresh blood and put her arms tightly around Ruth, worried the young vampire would lose control. She looked to Thomas, "Go. Find her."

The muzzle, with an internal lining of silver between layers of leather, tamed the Wolf into submission, though her wounds were keeping her down anyway. Grant put a rope around her neck and began to pull like a leash, "Come along Ainslie. We must keep mother waiting." he groaned.

kristina-la

« Reply #4834 on: October 14, 2019, 02:15:02 PM »

Thomas was really reluctant to run straight into trouble, but they owed a lot to Ainslie and Charles would be rather displeased if the girl was harmed. "Very well," he grumbled before running off, drawn to the smell of blood. He stopped suddenly when he came upon then, a young man pulling the wounded wolf by a rope, "Stop!" he exclaimed in alarm

MercyResurrected

« Reply #4835 on: October 14, 2019, 02:26:17 PM »

Grant looked up and squinted at the man in the dark. He looked similar to that man who had been at the boarding house the other night. The one Ainslie was sweet on. He kicked the wolf to the side, making sure to hit some of the stab wounds and then held up his knife, "This is none of your concern, Get on home if you know what's good for you." he said in a thick Scottish accent.

kristina-la

« Reply #4836 on: October 14, 2019, 02:32:47 PM »

Judging from the muzzle and the rope, the man had come prepared to capture the wolf so Thomas could only assume this man was one of Ainslie's family. Thomas glared and stepped closer, "I'm afraid you are mistaken as this is very much my concern," he siad, eyeing the injured wolf. "Now, I'll ask you once to drop that rope and run along home," Thomas warned

MercyResurrected

« Reply #4837 on: October 14, 2019, 02:36:23 PM »

Grant looked at the wolf and then back at Thomas, "So you know, don't you?" he said and twisted the knife in his hand before digging it into Ainslie's side again, "Come closer and I'll just slice right through."

kristina-la

« Reply #4838 on: October 14, 2019, 02:45:09 PM »

Thomas sucked in a sharp breath as the man plunged the knife into the wolf; how could he be so cruel? Thomas could not even fathom harming his brother or sister like that? it was despicable! Rather listen to the man's warning, Thomas took his chances, knowing he was faster than the human. He was on the man within seconds, shoving him up against a tree and baring his fangs at the man.

MercyResurrected

« Reply #4839 on: October 14, 2019, 02:51:19 PM »

Grant dropped the knife as he pinned against the tree and fought back against Thomas but looked at him with great fright as suddenly he was a monster too. He cowered and looked at him terrified, "What--what are you?" he said, "What do you want with my sister?"

The wolf, greatly injured and unable to heal with the muzzle over her face, laid down on the ground, shakily breathing.

kristina-la

« Reply #4840 on: October 14, 2019, 03:08:06 PM »

Thomas' eyes flashed with anger, "How could you do this to your own sister?" Thomas demanded, "It seemed I am not the monster here," he growled, then looked down at the wolf with concern, "She is a friend of mine," Thomas said simply before looking back at Ainslie's brother, "Here's what's going to happen. I am going to let you go, and then you are going to head on home," Thomas said, "I don't want to hurt you, but I will if I have to," warned

MercyResurrected

« Reply #4841 on: October 14, 2019, 11:04:34 PM »

“She heals!” Grant defended, “It is hard enough to have to worry your sister is out murdering the town!” He struggled under Thomas’ grip and eventually got to the point where he punched his gut and tried to struggle free, “She’s a demon. A monster. She can’t control the beast.”

Emma-la

« Reply #4842 on: October 14, 2019, 11:57:08 PM »

While her brother kept the man distracted, Maggie moved forward and knelt down beside the Wolf. The knife marks looked rather deep, and despite her brothers words she didn’t seem to be healing. She gently pulled the rope from her neck and the muzzle came off next.
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

MercyResurrected

« Reply #4843 on: October 15, 2019, 12:03:51 AM »

The wolf growled lowly as Maggie helped her and as soon as she had the muzzle off, she turned her head and snapped at Maggie before attempting to stand and starting to limp away.

Emma-la

« Reply #4844 on: October 15, 2019, 12:09:38 AM »

“Hey!” Maggie hissed lowly at the Wolf, careful to keep her distance after the close call. “I’m trying to help you, you dolt.”
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 416