Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 381

Author Topic: The Great Fangsby  (Read 81770 times)

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr
Re: The Great Fangsby
« Reply #5505 on: November 19, 2019, 12:04:29 PM »

Thomas smiled, "You've made me happier than I ever imagined," Thomas said, something he'd said many times before but it never ceased to be true. 

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #5506 on: November 19, 2019, 12:08:15 PM »

Charles grinned at that and turned to look at her. "Well...no one's here now," he said.

Higher, further, faster

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
« Reply #5507 on: November 19, 2019, 12:14:28 PM »

Ainslie’s eyes flashed down to their hands, a bright flush, “Well, there is a driver,” she said quietly, but glancing towards the front, she put the thought aside and leaned over, kissing Charles whole.

Peggy looked down at Ruth and then furrowed her brow, “We’re doing the right thing? Right?”

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #5508 on: November 19, 2019, 03:00:13 PM »

Charles kissed her back, cupping her cheek in his hand. He carefully pushed it back into her hair and then slowly pulled away.

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr
« Reply #5509 on: November 19, 2019, 03:15:17 PM »

Thomas followed her gaze down to the young child between them, "Considering the alternative, yes, I believe we're doing the right thing," Thomas said, "no matter how difficult it is."

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #5510 on: November 19, 2019, 04:01:27 PM »

"Just about everything," Nico grumbled. Was it too late to turn back? Maybe they should have found another place to stay- maybe he'd been too quick to suggest his old home? Maybe-

The cab came to a stop outside of the large gates that separated the grounds. The gates were rusted, the thick chain holding them together looked so brittle Nico was positive even a human could break it with ease. Beyond the gate he caught a glimpse of the garden, or what was left of it. The entire place was covered in weeds and ivy, the plants choking the last bit of life from the place.

"Home sweet home," Nico sighed, paying the driver then stepping outside.

MercyResurrected

« Reply #5511 on: November 20, 2019, 12:22:08 AM »

Ainslie nuzzled her nose to his briefly after they kissed, a gleaming smile on her lips, “Charles, I—“ her eyes moved past him as the car stopped and she took in the old mansion. A sinking feeling met her gut. 

Peggy nodded and Thomas and then leaned over to give him a small kiss as she noticed the other two cars had stopped. She paid their driver and then got out of the car, picking Ruth up in her arms and holding her close as she looked at the old house, “Bigger than any home I’ve held” she said and sighed, “It’s going to take some work I imagine”

Emma-la

« Reply #5512 on: November 20, 2019, 12:25:00 AM »

Maggie reached out and wrapped her fingers around Nico’s forearm, the feeling of concern getting stronger. The place had a terrifying sort of charm, she didn’t like it one bit. It didn’t help that Nico seemed to hate it so much too. “We’ll make the place better.”
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #5513 on: November 20, 2019, 03:50:38 AM »

Charles turned to look out the window, raising his eyebrows. "Homey," he commented before paying the driver and getting out of the car. He waited for Ainslie, all the while looking around the house and the grounds from where he stood. It was massive, to start off with, and he couldn't help but imagine ghosts and ghouls living inside. Or, un-living inside. His family was full of vampires and his partner was a werewolf, so who was to say ghosts weren't real?

Higher, further, faster

MercyResurrected

« Reply #5514 on: November 20, 2019, 04:31:18 AM »

Ainslie came out of the same side of the car as Charles and wrapped her arm through his at first as she observed the old estate before approaching the gates, looking back at Nico, “Are you some kind of Duke or Baron?” She asked before turning back to Charles, “Don’t you just wish to uncover all the mysteries inside?”

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #5515 on: November 20, 2019, 04:39:36 AM »

Nico rolled his eyes. "Nope. My parents just had money," he replied with a shrug. He placed his hand over Maggie's. "The fact that it's so run down is so... off. I don't know, just really feels like I shouldn't be here."

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #5516 on: November 20, 2019, 04:42:43 AM »

(All of them exploring this house:
)

"How long's it been since you were here?" Charles asked, looking over at Nico before he joined Ainslie by the front gate, nudging it with his toe.

Higher, further, faster

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #5517 on: November 20, 2019, 05:06:38 AM »

"Since I turned Mikhal. So... a while." Once the cabs had driven off he approached the gate, snapping the chain with ease. The gate creaked loudly as he pushed it open. "Well if that isn't perfectly aesthetic," he grumbled.

MercyResurrected

« Reply #5518 on: November 20, 2019, 07:33:35 AM »

Ainslie watched and then smelled the air around them as they entered the grounds and swallowed, “Someone was here recently. Humans. Probably squatters or vandals,” she commented and then looked at the overgrown garden. She ran her fingers over a rough, worn stone archway and furrowed her brow, “You were supposed to inherit all this?”

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #5519 on: November 20, 2019, 10:34:05 AM »

"It's not as impressive as it sounds," Nico said as he lead the way up to the two massive oak doors. One of the brass door knockers, the likeness of an eagle, was missing- no doubt stolen by looters. Of course the hunk of metal was close to worthless; Nico's parents just liked to make it look like things were far more expensive than they were. "There's no way I would have been able to keep up with cost of up keeping this place back then. I would have run it into the ground, even worse than it is now."
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 381