Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 381

Author Topic: The Great Fangsby  (Read 80117 times)

Emma-la

Re: The Great Fangsby
« Reply #5520 on: November 20, 2019, 10:37:24 AM »

“It’s hard to imagine this place being worse,” Maggie commented, eyeing the overgrown state of it all with a frown. “How’d they keep it up in the first place?”
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #5521 on: November 20, 2019, 10:43:27 AM »

“Yeah, what’d your family do?” Charles asked, following them all as he continued to look around curiously.

Higher, further, faster

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #5522 on: November 20, 2019, 10:52:49 AM »

"My father ran an auction house, and before that my grandfather was a banker," Nico explained as he pushed the door open. The place smelled musty, and he shivered. It reminded him of the crypt where Mikhal had tortured him. He pushed those memories back as quickly as they had appeared, yet again. "And I'm sure my great-grandfather was also a business-saavy person who was good with money. Me? Not so much."

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
« Reply #5523 on: November 20, 2019, 11:08:19 AM »

“Thankfully you found good friends who are great with finances,” Peggy called as she walked into the house behind them, holding Ruth over her shoulder still, “It will take a little work, but I can see us stowing away here—at least for a little while.”

Ainslie looked around the dank home and a shiver ran down her spine. She didn’t cross the threshold whatsoever though. “Death has made its home here.” She murmured.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #5524 on: November 20, 2019, 11:50:51 AM »

Nico cast an icy glare at Ainslie. "My entire family died here. Sorry that you find that fact so spooky," he said coolly.

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr
« Reply #5525 on: November 20, 2019, 12:07:17 PM »

Thomas hesitated at the doorway, looking around the estate at the large home; it all left him with an uneasiness in his gut. Above all, it made Thomas nostalgic for their quaint home in America. Thomas shoved his hands in his pockets and followed inside, "This is going to require a lot of work," he said, not looking forward to it.

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #5526 on: November 20, 2019, 12:08:16 PM »

Charles shot a glare at Nico. “It’d be unsettling for anyone,” he replied, putting his hand on Ainslie’s back.

Higher, further, faster

MercyResurrected

« Reply #5527 on: November 20, 2019, 12:37:20 PM »

Ainslie sighed out at Nico and shook her head, “I hadn’t know. Some senses are just strong,” she told him and then looked back at Charles, “I’ll be alright.” She told him gently.

Peggy looked at Thomas and then smiled gently before looking at the big house, “But we are grateful to you Nico for offering this for us”

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #5528 on: November 20, 2019, 12:59:48 PM »

Nico couldn't help but take their aversion as a personal attack. "Last time I try to do anything nice," he grumbled, though he gave Peggy a quick nod of thanks. He made his way over to the nearby drawing room, over to the fire place, which he was able to light thanks to the stolen lighter and a few old papers that were lying around.

Emma-la

« Reply #5529 on: November 20, 2019, 02:20:47 PM »

Maggie could tell things were going downhill quickly, not something she was eager to see happening. "How about a tour? Tell us what it was like in the heyday."
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #5530 on: November 20, 2019, 03:13:16 PM »

Charles just huffed in response, not as easy to let it go as Ainslie. If this is how living with all of them would be, he wasn’t sure he wanted to stay.

Higher, further, faster

MercyResurrected

« Reply #5531 on: November 20, 2019, 03:36:06 PM »

Ainslie was still tired from their travels, but supposed she could deal with a tour. She stood up straight as she pulled away only slightly so she could take Charles’ hand in her own. She let out a small breath as she walked towards a tapestry on the wall and ran her fingers over the lines on the intricate pattern.

Peggy smiled gently at Nico, “I know it’s been a long time since you’ve been here, but would you have an idea of where we could get some blood when the time comes?”

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #5532 on: November 20, 2019, 04:06:50 PM »

"There's a butcher in town, just down the road," Nico told Peggy. "From what I remember they'd 'been in business for seven generations', so I'd be willing to bet that they're still open. Or, if you're up for a challenge, there's usually a few deer in the woods out back," he added. "Or bears. Fair warning." He stepped away from the fireplace, arms crossed, tapping his foot. "Well, uh... first floor is this room, the dining room, kitchen, and my father's study. Bedrooms are on the second floor, there's four of them- although there's also a little 'servants quarters' on the first floor as well. Third floor is the library, and there's a cellar in the basement," he explained. He coughed suddenly, his voice catching in his throat before he regained his composure. "And, uh, yeah... that's about it."

While the grownups were talking Ruth had taken it upon herself to explore, and was currently busying herself with sliding down the staircase bannister.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #5533 on: November 20, 2019, 04:12:34 PM »

Charles walked along with Ainslie, but the movement from Ruth caught his eye faster than the tapestry interested him. He couldn’t help but smile, though he was certain she’d be told off in a moment.

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr
« Reply #5534 on: November 20, 2019, 05:57:45 PM »

Thomas felt for nico as he knew it couldn’t be easy to return to the home where his entire family met their end. If it were him, Thomas knew he wouldn’t have the guts to face such a thing. He wandered the space, glancing around in awe; it was the grandest building Thomas had ever seen in person, even if it was in disarray. He paused as he caught sight of Ruth sliding down the bannister, “Ruth! Stop that at once,” he said sternly, though he didn’t know why he bothered; she wasn’t likely to listen and what harm could she really do. She couldn’t die.

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 381