Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 395

Author Topic: The Great Fangsby  (Read 104587 times)

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
Re: The Great Fangsby
« Reply #5850 on: January 24, 2020, 05:16:06 PM »

Peggy slipped into her undergarments easily and pulled her dress over before grabbing Thomas' jacket and sliding it on. She then came over and kissed him softly, "I love you. Endlessly."

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr
« Reply #5851 on: January 24, 2020, 05:30:28 PM »

“That’s good, because you are stuck with me for an endless amount of years,” he teased. Thomas finished buttoning up his shirt then moved to the door, smiling back at her. He was relieved that their brief argument was through; he did not like fighting with her. It felt wrong. “After you my love,” he said after opening the door for her

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #5852 on: January 24, 2020, 05:31:01 PM »

Lolz. They all just left Ruth there alone at the table 😂)

MercyResurrected

« Reply #5853 on: January 25, 2020, 07:28:12 AM »

Peggy walked out and found the dining room again, looking at the table and raising an eyebrow, “Ruth?” She called for the little girl

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #5854 on: January 26, 2020, 10:51:14 AM »

She shrugged. “Ghosts aren’t real. I just mean this place...it’s still your family’s. their essence is still here. And I mean, of course the place gives me the creeps...” she trailed off, thinking about that awful feeling being alone in the master bedroom. Like she wasn’t alone at all.
"It's not that creepy," Nico grumbled under his breath. "I saw my sister," he said suddenly. "Thought I was going crazy for a second but... I don't think we're the only ones here."

Emma-la

« Reply #5855 on: January 26, 2020, 11:58:36 AM »

Maggie crowned, clearly sceptical. “Love, are you sure? It’s been a stressful couple weeks, I’m sure all our eyes are playing tricks on us.” It was strange though, Ruth had thought she’d seen a ghost too.
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #5856 on: January 29, 2020, 06:42:04 AM »

"Yeah, you're right," Nico sighed. "Well I feel a bit foolish. There's nobody here but-" He was cut off by the soft sounds of a person whistling, a tune that only one person could have known. "...my mother..." Nico took off then, racing towards the stairs, up to the library and the source of the sound.

Ruth had taken to wandering the halls by herself, her curiosity getting the better of her.

MercyResurrected

« Reply #5857 on: January 29, 2020, 07:09:13 AM »

Peggy looked at the empty dining room table and furrowed her brow, “Ruth?” She called into the curroundunf halls

Emma-la

« Reply #5858 on: January 29, 2020, 01:23:57 PM »

“Nico!” Maggie shouted as he took off running. What the hell? She groaned and took off after him. This place was beyond weird.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #5859 on: January 30, 2020, 03:11:13 PM »

"You hear that too, right?" Nico called back to Maggie as he bounded up the stairs. "The whistling? That's a lullaby my mother wrote!" He slowed as he reached the door to the library. The whistling continued on the other side, along with the faint sound of shuffling feet. Someone was moving on the other side. Nico looked back at Maggie. "I can't smell anyone in there," he said, his throat suddenly tight. How could they hear someone, but not have caught their scent?

Ruth had found the door to the cellar. A twisted metal staircase spiraled down into the unforgiving blackness of the bowels of the house, and from the darkness Ruth could be sure that she heard crying. She froze, terrified, staring down into the abyss before her.

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #5860 on: January 30, 2020, 03:13:46 PM »

RUTH DON"T! :P)

Thomas hurried after Peggy as they searched for Ruth, "Well, where could she have gone?" he grumbled

Emma-la

« Reply #5861 on: January 30, 2020, 03:16:13 PM »

Maggie clutched his arm, eyes wide. “Nico I don’t like this place,” she hissed. She could hear the singing and the sound of feet too. “Let’s just get out of here.”

MercyResurrected

« Reply #5862 on: January 31, 2020, 01:27:19 PM »

"Ruth?! Ruth!" Peggy called louder, more desperate, remembering Ruth's stories about the things in the house. The lady who didn't want them there. Peggy thought she caught a glimpse of Ruth's dress in a door way, when suddenly it slammed shut and she heard the door lock. She beat on the door, "RUTH!? Are you in there?!"

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #5863 on: January 31, 2020, 04:04:17 PM »

Nico looked back at her, clearly insulted. "It's them, my family. It's got to be!" Why be afraid of them? He heard Peggy shouting then. "We should check that out," he said quietly, already on the move.

"Miss Peggy, I'm over here!" Ruth called, still standing at the door to the cellar. The crying had stopped, though with its absence came a horrible oppressive sensation of pure, devastating despair. Someone was in the basement, and they were really, really sad.

MercyResurrected

« Reply #5864 on: January 31, 2020, 04:06:41 PM »

Peggy turned her head and ran over and knelt down, pulling Ruth into her arms, "I'm sorry. We shouldn't have run off without you!" she apologized to the child and then looked at the dark basement, "Don't--go there."
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 395