Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417

Author Topic: The Great Fangsby  (Read 144218 times)

Eraisuithiel

Re: The Great Fangsby
« Reply #6225 on: June 08, 2020, 02:33:59 PM »

Nico nodded, staring at the door wide-eyed. "The... the servant quarters," he stammered. "There's a door that leads out back." He shivered, taking one last look at the door, mouthed the words 'I'm sorry', and then waved for the others to follow him.

Ruth was clinging to Peggy's skirt. "Miss Peggy, I'm scared," she whimpered.

Emma-la

« Reply #6226 on: June 08, 2020, 02:39:55 PM »

Maggie was feeling more and more rattled by the situation, anxious about all that was going on around them. She followed beside Nico, trying not to let her nerves get the best of her. ?I swear if that mob tries to hurt us...? she threatened in a low voice.
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #6227 on: June 08, 2020, 03:40:19 PM »

Charles frowned and left the shut door, glancing back at it before following the others stiffly. The thought briefly crossed his mind that if he were just simply home and hadn?t ever gotten involved with this vampire business, he wouldn?t be running from an angry mob. But, he also never would have met Ainslie, so as his mind quickly battled it out the pros definitely outweighed the cons.

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

• Be kind, be calm, be safe.
« Reply #6228 on: June 08, 2020, 03:44:52 PM »

Thomas glanced at Ruth, feeling scared himself so he couldn't blame the child, "Oh Ruthie, you needn't be scared. Miss Peggy and I won't let anything harm you," Thomas assured the young girl. No matter how scared he was, Thomas would do just about anything to keep that promise. He turned and followed after Nico, while trying to maintain a good distance from Charles; what if they didn't get away fast enough?

"It will never be enough! I only want to hear JaJa Ding Dong!"

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #6229 on: June 15, 2020, 10:34:34 AM »

Nico led the way safely out of the house, guiding the others through the back garden and into the woods. The stench of humans was growing steadily. "This way," he said, ducking into the underbrush. The woods that way were thick and unyielding, and very hard to traverse for any human, much less a mob of rageful idiots.

The house was completely out of sight when he froze, a soft whimper reaching his ears. "There's someone up ahead," he warned the others.

Emma-la

« Reply #6230 on: June 15, 2020, 11:43:24 AM »

Maggie narrowed her eyes and trained her eyes on the distance, trying to see what it was. ?Who?s there?? She called, a warning note in her tone.

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
« Reply #6231 on: June 16, 2020, 10:14:17 AM »

Ainslie took Charles? wrist in her hand and let her instincts guide them behind Nico and the others through the thicket. Cuts and welts covered the arm she used in front of her to push away the brush but at least Charles would have an easier time.

Peggy, holding Ruth, ran easily beside Thomas and just behind Maggie and Nico. When he stopped, she held Ruth close, ?What is it??

kristina-la

« Reply #6232 on: June 16, 2020, 11:23:00 AM »

Thomas did his best to keep up with Peggy, but he did struggle more than the other vampires trying to get through the dense underbrush. He fell more times than he could count, which was terribly embarrassing. At least they'd put enough distance between them and the humans. As they came to a stop, Thomas looked ahead worried; why would there be someone in the woods?

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #6233 on: June 18, 2020, 09:39:05 AM »

The scent of blood was sharp in the air. Nico approached carefully, locking eyes with a figured crouched beneath a tree. "Mary?"

"What? Oh, Will!" Mary exclaimed, scrambling to her feet. Her hands and apron were covered in blood. At her feet lay the body of a man, his glassy eyes wide open, his teeth and fingernails full of dirt and grime. "I... I was treating him and he just... he just started running and screaming," she explained through shakey breaths and violent coughs into her handkerchief ."I had to follow him, or he, he would have hurt himself! But then he attacked me and, and I-" she trailed off, and it was then that Nico noticed the pair of scissors in her hand, sharp blades glinting in the moonlight.

Nico curled his lip, looking at the man's corpse. Something wasn't right. "You were defending yourself," he told her. "Now you need to get back home. It's not safe out here."

kristina-la

« Reply #6234 on: June 18, 2020, 10:32:43 AM »

Thomas' body went ridged at the scent of blood, which was overwhelmingly strong. If he hadn't just fed recently, it would have been near impossible to hold himself back. "Oh god," he got out, feeling his fangs poke through his gums. What new horror were they about to face? He couldn't take much more; Thomas longed for normalcy.

Emma-la

« Reply #6235 on: June 18, 2020, 10:42:01 AM »

Maggie started at the corpse, her own fangs beginning to peek through. ?What were you doing so far out in the woods?? She questioned the girl.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #6236 on: June 18, 2020, 11:31:46 AM »

"I told you! I was looking for my patient!" Mary snapped, another coughing fit following her outburst. "More and more people have been getting sick lately and I... I didn't want any more people to die," she added softly, looking at the man's body.

"He attacked you, it wasn't your fault," Nico told her. The man had probably been a drunk or something. "Either way, we need to get out of here."

"What for?" Mary asked.

"Um... some of my friends may have gotten in trouble with some people in the village," he explained. "We're heading to the next town. For their safety."

"The next town? I'm coming with you," Mary said. Before Nico could argue, she shushed him. "I need more medicine to combat this illness. I'll be sure to find some there."

Emma-la

« Reply #6237 on: June 18, 2020, 11:51:20 AM »

She watched the girl wearily, though it was clear she had every intention of going with them. Something was very off about the situation, but they didn?t have time to sit around and argue. ?Don?t slow is down,? she said, still feeling a defensive edge. She didn?t know the woman and as much as Nico seemed to trust her, she didn?t.

kristina-la

« Reply #6238 on: June 18, 2020, 02:07:34 PM »

Thomas felt uneasy about the woman accompanying them, for many reasons; it was not in any way a good idea for this human stranger to be with them. It was already hard enough for Thomas to stay away from Charles; now he also had to resist this woman, who was covered in blood. What was equally troubling, was this illness that seemed to have ailed the dead man on the forest floor and apparently many other people in the town; the woman's frequent coughing fits were not sitting well with Thomas. Was she sick as well? How contagious was it? "Nico, is this really a good idea?" he wondered aloud.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #6239 on: June 20, 2020, 01:15:34 PM »

Charles only caught half the conversation because he was behind Ainslie, and was clearly the slower one of the group which annoyed him to absolutely no end. The supernatural abilities of his entire family was a bit frustrating. And seeing this woman covered in blood with vampires everywhere did no good to ease his tension.
?What?? He snapped when he heard she was coming with them. ?She?s coughing! She probably caught whatever it is they have, we can?t possibly bring her with,? he said, glaring at Nico.

Higher, further, faster
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417