Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417]

Author Topic: The Great Fangsby  (Read 144214 times)

Eraisuithiel

Re: The Great Fangsby
« Reply #6240 on: July 12, 2020, 01:43:05 PM »

Mary took a step back, wide-eyed. "You'd really just leave me out here?"

Nico glanced back towards the house. "Whatever, I'm going. If she wants to come I'm not stopping her," he announced and started off again through the woods

Emma-la

« Reply #6241 on: July 12, 2020, 01:47:17 PM »

Maggie stared at the woman, growing more concerned about Charles than anyone else. The rest of them weren?t particularly human anymore, but he was and that meant he ran the risk of catching whatever Mary had. She picked up to follow Nico, her eyes never leaving Mary. ?This is kind of a disaster,? she muttered.
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

kristina-la

• Be kind, be calm, be safe.
« Reply #6242 on: July 12, 2020, 01:58:52 PM »

Thomas watched the woman carefully as he started walking. "Charles, just...stay away from her," Thomas said, sparing a brief glance at his brother. and stay away from me. he thought.

"It will never be enough! I only want to hear JaJa Ding Dong!"

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #6243 on: July 12, 2020, 02:08:53 PM »

"Tell me about it," Nico grumbled as he lead them through the forest. "And still no sign of Mikhal," he grumbled.

Emma-la

« Reply #6244 on: July 12, 2020, 02:12:55 PM »

?Maybe he?s got the right idea and got out of here,? Maggie grumbled. ?Between an angry mob and a haunted house, now some sort of infection...? she shook her head. ?I miss travelling around with you, when we didn?t have so much to worry about.?

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #6245 on: July 12, 2020, 05:46:44 PM »

Charles watched the woman warily and glanced to his brother when he spoke. He was still wary of him as well, and he was starting to realize him being there was not helping the situation on any front - which further reinforced in his head that he needed to leave them. But now wasn?t really the time to think about that.

Higher, further, faster

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #6246 on: Today at 07:47:11 AM »

They arrived in the next town just as the first rays of sunlight were beginning to paint the sky a deep purple. With no time to waste, Nico led them to a large in, purchasing rooms for all of them. Mary, too, got herself a room, exhausted from the night's travel, as well as whatever was wrong with her. She still had the handkerchief over her mouth, but each time she coughed Nico caught a faint whiff of blood.
Poor, poor, fragile human. Still, though, it worried him. She'd always been such a selfless person; she certainly didn't deserve this.

"Are you sure you're okay?" he asked her as they climbed the old, creaking staircase up to their rooms.

"I'm fine," Mary snapped, wincing at the sound of her own voice. "Sorry, sorry, I have a terrible headache." She reached her room, turning back to the others. "Sorry if I caused you any trouble, I'll be at the hospital tomorrow if you'd like to get treated. And... thank you." She disappeared into her room, slamming the door hard behind her.

Nico wrinkled his nose, taking Maggie's hand as he tossed two room keys to Peggy. "You guys can figure out your sleeping arrangements. I'm gonna go crash," he said, leading Maggie to their own room. Once inside he collapsed on the bed, groaning. "I don't think I've felt this tired since I died," he moaned.

Emma-la

« Reply #6247 on: Today at 12:58:59 PM »

Maggie sighed and leaned against the wall. "This did not go at all how I might have hoped," she grunted, pushing off the wall to go flop on the bed beside Nico. "Can't catch a break."

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #6248 on: Today at 03:06:30 PM »

"Such is the life of a vampire," Nico sighed. He rolled over, brushing the hair from her face. "But at least I'm not alone anymore."

<**is everyone cool to skip to the next night soon?**>

kristina-la

• Be kind, be calm, be safe.
« Reply #6249 on: Today at 03:14:17 PM »

(I?m ready)

Thomas was immensely relieved when they finally reached the next town. He was still buzzing from the man he?d drained but could feel himself starting to crash and he didn?t want to be anywhere near charles when that happened. he carried Ruth to their room and hurried inside before he?d have to converse with his brother.

"It will never be enough! I only want to hear JaJa Ding Dong!"

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #6250 on: Today at 03:16:43 PM »

(Yuh yuh yuh)

Higher, further, faster

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #6251 on: Today at 03:32:24 PM »

<**let's get this party started!**>

Nico was awoken by a commotion downstairs. Groaning he sat up, reaching up to peak through the curtains. It was dark, safe. He stood up, kissed Maggie on the forehead and then made his way out of the room.

In the foyer of the inn several people were speaking in hushed, panicked tones. Nico caught the words "sickness" and "contagious".

"Sir," an older gentleman with a curled mustache said as he approached Nico. He had been the man who had checked them all in the previous night. "You checked in with Margerita Aalders last night, yes? You knew her?"

Nico frowned. "Mary? Yeah, uh, she's a friend." He glanced towards the stairs, as if expecting Mary to come down at any moment. "Is she okay? She wasn't feeling too well last night."

The man shook his head, crossing his arms. "I hate to be the one to tell you this, but she passed away earlier this afternoon."
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417]