Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 380

Author Topic: The Great Fangsby  (Read 79851 times)

Eraisuithiel

Re: The Great Fangsby
« Reply #2715 on: May 21, 2019, 09:32:43 AM »

"Then he never speaks to him," Nico shrugged. "Or maybe you need to get it into his head that he's aging and he probably doesn't want any regrets when he's on his death bed."

Emma-la

« Reply #2716 on: May 21, 2019, 09:39:50 AM »

Maggie snorted and leaned against the wall. "He's so stubborn he'd probably wait till his deathbed anyways. God I can't believe him sometimes. It's like he doesn't even realize what a mule he is."
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr
« Reply #2717 on: May 21, 2019, 10:17:36 AM »

Robert grunted in response as his eyes scanned over the girl who stole their son away. She was undeniably beautiful and charming; it was no wonder Thomas would fall for her. He looked back at Thomas, at a loss for words. Robert never knew just how unhappy Thomas was working at the shop with him. Robert always thought Thomas wanted to take over one day. His son never gave any indication of wanting anything else.

"I should have spoken up. I should have told you I wasn't happy. I am sorry I disappointed you," Thomas said shamefully. He desperately wanted to make amends with his father as Thomas knew that their time was limited. How many years did they have before his parents grew suspicious? At a certain point they would notice that he and Maggie were not aging. The last thing Thomas wanted was to leave things with his father unresolved. "Please forgive me father," he begged.

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
« Reply #2718 on: May 21, 2019, 10:38:17 AM »

“If you choose to leave your relationship here, you will regret it,” Peggy warned him, “You would let a business keep you from your own son? How could you be so foolish?”

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #2719 on: May 21, 2019, 12:20:18 PM »

Roberts eyes flashed with anger, “I don’t have to explain myself to you,” Robert snapped. He looked at his son and shook his head, “I never thought that you would be the son to be such a disappointment,” he said before pushing past them and heading down to the kitchen without another word.

Emma-la

« Reply #2720 on: May 21, 2019, 12:25:35 PM »

Maggie’s head shot up when she saw her father enter the kitchen and she grabbed Nico to pull him close, whether he liked it or not. “Dad?” She asked cautiously. He looked ready to explode.

MercyResurrected

« Reply #2721 on: May 21, 2019, 12:37:48 PM »

Peggy looked at Thomas and frowned, "I'm sorry. I think I should have just stayed silent." she sighed, "I'm so sorry."

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #2722 on: May 21, 2019, 12:48:13 PM »

Nico grunted in annoyance when Maggie grabbed him, but he didn't protest, not wanting to draw the wrath of her father. The man looked ready to wring someone's neck.

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #2723 on: May 21, 2019, 12:52:07 PM »

Robert said nothing as he grabbed a bowl of soup and sat down in his spot at the head of the table. His eyes landed on Maggie and the bowl beside her, “hmm,” he grunted, “and who is This Margaret?”

Thomas shook his head and went over to the bed, taking a seat on the edge. “I don’t think it would have mattered what either of us said,” Thomas said. “Maybe...he just needs time”

MercyResurrected

« Reply #2724 on: May 21, 2019, 12:57:36 PM »

Peggy came over to his side and put her hand in his, "Thomas..." she said and rubbed her thumb over his palm, "Perhaps we should go to the hotel. Let him cool off for today and tomorrow try again."

Emma-la

« Reply #2725 on: May 21, 2019, 12:58:12 PM »

Maggie let go of Nico as if burned. “This is my fella, Nico.” Shirley busied herself with getting a drink for her husband, not daring to ask him about Thomas.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #2726 on: May 21, 2019, 01:00:18 PM »

Nico stood up and extended his hand towards Mr. Bloodbag. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Juniper," he said, sounding completely cordial.

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #2727 on: May 21, 2019, 01:24:13 PM »

Robert stared at the young man’s hand with distaste, shaking his hand with great reluctance. “Margaret, is this why you’ve been away? Starting a new life in the city...with him?” He asked.

Thomas stared down at the ground and released a defeated breath, “yes, that’s probably for the best,” he agreed

Emma-la

« Reply #2728 on: May 21, 2019, 01:27:46 PM »

Maggie worries her lip, starting to doubt how smart it would be to tell him yes. “Well...a little, yes,” she said. “Among the other reasons I already told you!”

MercyResurrected

« Reply #2729 on: May 21, 2019, 01:31:22 PM »

Peggy pulled at his hand and nodded, leading him downstairs and for the door. She looked back at those in the kitchen, "Go hail a taxi Thomas, I'll let them know." she said and then came into the room with his family, "Thomas and I will be going then. We'll drop by again tomorrow night if that's okay."
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 380