Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 212

Author Topic: The Great Fangsby  (Read 34820 times)

Eraisuithiel

Re: The Great Fangsby
« Reply #3090 on: June 12, 2019, 10:17:48 AM »

<**same here, that's why we wanna skip :P**>

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
« Reply #3091 on: June 12, 2019, 01:25:58 PM »

(Are you ready to skip Stina? Like two years?)

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr
« Reply #3092 on: June 12, 2019, 03:27:12 PM »

yup that's fine :)

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”

Emma-la

« Reply #3093 on: June 13, 2019, 07:54:59 AM »

[ok I’m gonna get this going. Great Depression sounds interesting so I’m saying 3 year but if y’all don’t like that we can change it]

Maggie stood outside the door to her brother’s home, practically vibrating with excitement. The last three years had been a dream come true, she had learned so much about being a vampire and had a newfound confidence in life. She’d stayed in touch with her family while she was away, but when the markets crashed she knew she couldn’t stay off in her fantasy with Nico. She had spent many days in his bed, and they explored all across Europe. She found they worked well together, had fun. Of course it was all under the understanding that it wasn’t romantic - just having fun. She had started wearing short sleeves again when her scars had started to heal. She tapped Nico’s arm with her, smiling slightly. “Ready to see the old folks again?” She rapped lightly on the door without waiting for his answer.
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

MercyResurrected

« Reply #3094 on: June 13, 2019, 12:51:02 PM »

The first few months of adjusting to sleeping at night and working during the day had been dreadful. Peggy was so frightened of the door flying open and sunlight pouring in at her new small house with Thomas on the outskirts of town, but also at the hat shop too. After those first few months though, she'd adjusted and learned that with proper attire, like gloves, and large brimmed hats, she could manage small amounts of being out in the sun, though she preferred to move during dark hours. It seemed their days usually consisted of getting up very early before the sun rose to drink some blood acquired from the local butcher, then heading to work at the hat shop before going to her in-laws for dinner most nights before heading back home to enjoy the evening together. This had been their peaceful first two and a half years and then---the market crashed. The hat shop saw less and less business every day and Thomas' parents were becoming less likely to hold them accountable to keep it afloat, but they had to do something.

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #3095 on: June 13, 2019, 01:41:52 PM »

Everything had been going so well until the markets crashed. Thomas was really starting to enjoy their new life, but with every day that passed, the economy seemed to get worse, and so did the chances that they could keep the shop from closing its doors for good. He knew his parents were understanding of the situation, but Thomas couldn't help but wonder how disappointed his father would be if the shop were to go under. Thomas was on the couch beside Peggy, with his arm around her, sleeping lightly. It had been another stressful day at the shop; they had maybe one customer the entire day, who had left without buying anything. When Thomas heard the knock, he groaned, having very little desire to get up or even entertain company.

MercyResurrected

« Reply #3096 on: June 13, 2019, 01:51:37 PM »

Peggy blinked her eyes open and slowly stood up, "That better not be your mother. I don't think I can take another day of questions about how many hats I made for customers who aren't buy. We're almost out of silk and fur," she said and went to the door. She checked the peephole and then gave a little gasp of delight, opening the door immediately, "Maggie!!" she said and immediately wrapped her sister in law in a giant hug. "What a marvelous surprise."

Emma-la

« Reply #3097 on: June 13, 2019, 02:11:58 PM »

Maggie laughed in delight at the warm welcome, ecstatic to be seeing her family again. "We couldn't stay away forever!" She gave Peggy a kiss on each cheek, a habit she'd picked up somewhere in Europe. "Missed you guys too much."

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #3098 on: June 13, 2019, 02:13:06 PM »

When Thomas saw that it was his sister at the door, a massive smile broke across his face, "Mags!" Thomas greeted as he got up from the couch. It seemed like it had been such a long time since Maggie and Nico went off on their travels. He drew Maggie into his arms, "I've missed you sis," he said

MercyResurrected

« Reply #3099 on: June 13, 2019, 02:16:31 PM »

Peggy let Gio hug his sister and smiled at Nico, "Well, well, looks like she didn't drive you crazy enough to push you away," she said with a chuckle.

Emma-la

« Reply #3100 on: June 13, 2019, 02:31:41 PM »

Maggie grinned and held her brother a little longer. "I missed you too," she said. "It's been a while." She couldn't stop grinning, she was so happy to see her brother and sister-in-law.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #3101 on: June 13, 2019, 02:47:06 PM »

"Oh, she did. I'm absolutely raving mad now," Nico replied cheekily. The last few years sure had been... something. And by that he meant that Maggie was something. They had traveled all across Europe, seeking solace and pleasure from each other on more than one occasion. It was always platonic, though, as far as he was concerned. As far as he tried to convince himself. Though, as time went on, that became more and more difficult."

Emma-la

« Reply #3102 on: June 13, 2019, 02:59:13 PM »

Maggie glanced back at Nico, a small smile on her face, though it was tinged by sadness. They had an agreement, but the longer it went on, the more she wondered if she could stand to keep going the way they were. She grabbed her brother’s arm and looked between him and Peggy. “How have you been?” Her smile wide. “I hope the hard times haven’t hit you too hard.”

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #3103 on: June 13, 2019, 03:07:44 PM »

Thomas released a long breath that he felt had been held in for months, "It has not been easy on us," Thomas admitted, "No one has the money to spend on hats," he said

MercyResurrected

« Reply #3104 on: June 13, 2019, 11:54:02 PM »

“We’re almost out of materials and there’s no money for more. We hardly see anyone. It’s..it’s not going to last,” Peggy told them and looked at Thomas with that same weary look she’d been giving him for months, “But if we just let it go before it actually goes under, we’ll be breaking our promise to Thomas’ father.”
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 212