Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 271

Author Topic: The Great Fangsby  (Read 54691 times)

Emma-la

Re: The Great Fangsby
« Reply #3105 on: June 13, 2019, 11:56:45 PM »

Maggie frowned, sad to see her family doing so badly. “There has to be a way to save the shop,” she said. She couldn’t think of any way, not when things were as bad as they were. There was no need for hats. “If prices were lower, maybe more people would come.”
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr
« Reply #3106 on: June 14, 2019, 12:49:14 AM »

Thomas sat back down on the couch, holding his head in his hands. “We’ve lowered prices as much as we can. Anymore and we’d be seeking hats for less than it took to make them,” Thomas said, sounding defeated. He couldn’t give up though; maybe things would turn around. Maybe they could hang on. It crushed him to think that the shop had been running smoothly for decades only to fail under his care in just three years.

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”

Emma-la

« Reply #3107 on: June 14, 2019, 12:57:02 AM »

Maggie sat beside her brother, throwing her arm around him. “It’s not your fault, Tommy,” she told him. “Nobody could have predicted that this would happen. If there’s nothing you can do, there’s nothing you can do, right?”

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #3108 on: June 14, 2019, 02:20:13 PM »

"You wouldn't be the first business to shut down, or the last," Nico stated. "And it's not like either of you really need money when it comes down to it."

Emma-la

« Reply #3109 on: June 14, 2019, 02:26:05 PM »

Maggie nodded in agreement. “Nico’s right, you don’t need it and dad will understand. Besides, that’s depressing. We’re here for a visit!” She said enthusiastically. “Aren’t you going to ask about our travels?”

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #3110 on: June 14, 2019, 03:22:06 PM »

Thomas sighed and lifted his head, "Right of course," Thomas said, trying not to sound so dejected. He managed to smile, "Tell us all about it then. Where did you two go? What did you see?" he asked

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
« Reply #3111 on: June 14, 2019, 10:28:11 PM »

Peggy turned from the conversation, having no desire to hear about Maggie’s romp around Europe. The same trip she’d wanted so desperately to take but put on hold to get a good relationship with Thomas’ parents, just to have this depression begin and cause her only reason to stay to dissolve. She went to the kitchen and began to pour drinks for the four of them, hands shaking just a bit as she tried to hold her envy back. She paused and closed her eyes to take a deep breath.

Emma-la

« Reply #3112 on: June 14, 2019, 11:09:00 PM »

“Oh it was amazing!” Maggie gushed, completely oblivious to Peggy’s jealousy. “We went to Italy first, Venice is amazing. And Rome, so beautiful. You’ll have to go some day.”

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #3113 on: June 15, 2019, 03:13:24 AM »

Thomas found it hard to listen to his sister gush about their marvelous trip across Europe. He kept up a smile, trying to be polite, but it was strained. He sighed and looked towards the kitchen, knowing peggy probably felt similarly. “Some day, I hope,” Thomas said (lol, oh you’ll see Europe Thomas...just not in the way you imagined 😂)

MercyResurrected

« Reply #3114 on: June 15, 2019, 04:41:57 AM »

Peggy brought the tray of drinks over and put it down on the small table, holding a gentle smile, “All that art and culture. The temples. I bet it was superb,” she said very quietly.

Emma-la

« Reply #3115 on: June 15, 2019, 09:51:52 AM »

They weren’t nearly as excited as Maggie thought her adventures warranted. She took a drink. “Thank you. You guys should really go. I mean if the shop isn’t going to last you may as well, right? I learned so much out there.” She glanced at Nico with a wicked smile, trying to be subtle enough. She knew her brother would be horrified by the things she and Nico got up to. “I think I’m really getting into this vampire thing.”

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #3116 on: June 15, 2019, 10:06:39 AM »

Thomas looked between his sister and Nico, grimacing uncomfortably; he didn't even want to think about what those two did together on their travels. He grabbed a drink and leaned back on the couch, sipping casually. "I'm glad you could have this experience Mags, really I am," he said sincerely

Emma-la

« Reply #3117 on: June 15, 2019, 11:58:06 AM »

Maggie smiled, softer than normal and she pulled her brother into a hug. “Thanks, Tommy. It really was amazing,” she told him. “But I did miss you. I don’t know what the plan is now, but if you need help at the shop I could help out.”

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #3118 on: June 15, 2019, 01:43:32 PM »

Thomas really was overjoyed to see Maggie again; three years was far too long to be separated from his family. He withdrew from her hug and shook his head, "I appreciate the offer Mags, but this is my responsibility to see through." Thomas said.

MercyResurrected

« Reply #3119 on: June 15, 2019, 02:12:49 PM »

"We don't need help," Peggy said as she came over, sitting on the back of the couch, her fingers sliding onto Thomas' shoulder with a downcast look on her face, "We just need customers and there are none. No one wants a hat when they can barely buy bread."
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 271