Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 381

Author Topic: The Great Fangsby  (Read 80114 times)

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
Re: The Great Fangsby
« Reply #5640 on: December 05, 2019, 05:55:00 AM »

“She’s sweet, but I’m not exactly sure how werewolves work. Are they immortal? Or just self healing? She said she’s half, so if she changes Charles, is he also only half?” Peggy asked and then looked towards the house where they’d left Ruth, “She said she was born a werewolf—so if her and Charles— I mean, if she had a child, would it be—a werewolf as well?”

Emma-la

« Reply #5641 on: December 05, 2019, 06:42:38 AM »

“They’d have puppies,” Maggie snorted. She still didn’t fully trust Ainslie, not when they knew so little about her. Charles didn’t exactly have a good track record for picking his women. “What about you two? You’re really going to raise that little girl?”
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

MercyResurrected

« Reply #5642 on: December 05, 2019, 06:52:08 AM »

“Margaret!” Peggy scolded and then glanced at Thomas and back at the house, her fingers tensing around her arm, “I don’t know if raise her is even the right word. She’s going to be 9 forever.”

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr
« Reply #5643 on: December 05, 2019, 07:27:44 AM »

Thomas's brow drew together as the conversation turned to the possibility of Charles allowing that wolf to turn him; he didn't want that kind of life for his brother, especially after what he'd learned from Ainslie's brother. Charles wouldn't just be half a wearwolf like her; he'd be cursed with the full deal. Thomas sighed and looked between the two women, "We're doing the right thing Peggy," Thomas said, though he wasn't fully convinced himself. Ruth was quite the handful already.

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”

Emma-la

« Reply #5644 on: December 05, 2019, 07:32:33 AM »

“Her mind will grow up, won’t it?” The thought was horrifying, an adult mind in a nine-year olds body. Maggie started walking back towards the house, expecting they’d follow. “You two want children. This is probably your only chance.”

MercyResurrected

« Reply #5645 on: December 05, 2019, 09:17:24 AM »

“I suppose I’ve grown in a lot of ways, but I’m still in my twenties. I still behave often like someone my age would. Nico doesn’t act like he’s in his 50s. Christ, I could be grandmother and he could be your father,” she joked with Maggie. She then sighed, following the girl into the house, “I’ve never met one so young, a vampire I mean.”

Ainslie watched as the women walked towards the house and walked back out of the garden, only to run into Thomas. She paused and tensed, hair standing on the back of her neck. She swallowed, “It was an accident you know”

Emma-la

« Reply #5646 on: December 05, 2019, 09:36:28 AM »

“Are you ready for that, then?” Maggie asked, trying not to think about the though of Nico being a fatherly figure. “Raising a perpetual 9 year old?”

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #5647 on: December 05, 2019, 10:06:10 AM »

Thomas moved to follow peggy and Maggie but stopped when ainslie nearly ran right into him. Thomas looked her over, unhappy that she was so tense around him; he supposed she had right to be. “I never said it wasn’t,” Thomas replied.

MercyResurrected

« Reply #5648 on: December 05, 2019, 10:20:31 AM »

Peggy shook her head, “I think I’ve been doing a very foul job of it so far.”

Ainslie looked at him and then turned her face down, “I just—I don’t know. I feel as if you think I’m going to hurt Charles. Like I’m here to fool him like Elizabeth was. That’s unfair,” she told him and crossed her arms.

Emma-la

« Reply #5649 on: December 05, 2019, 10:34:48 AM »

“You can’t be too hard on yourself. It’s still new.” Maggie headed for the kitchen, looking around, before she settled on a dusty counter. “Kids are hard.”

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #5650 on: December 05, 2019, 12:13:49 PM »

Thomas peered at ainslie, unsure how to phrase just how he felt about her woth Charles. “Ainslie, i believe your intentions are pure. I know you would never intentionally hurt Charles and I suppose I just need to have faith that an accident won’t happen,” Thomas said, though his mind wandered back to the circumstances that led to peggy turning him. His own sister couldn’t stop herself from nearly killing him.

MercyResurrected

« Reply #5651 on: December 05, 2019, 12:55:09 PM »

“Werewolves aren’t like Vampires,” Ainslie said to him plainly, “We don’t thirst for flesh and blood.” She looked up towards the moon, “I simply want a place to belong. To feel safe. And Charles gives me that,” she shook her head and looked back to Thomas, “The wolf trusts him. She saved him from my brother. She’s not going to hurt him either.”

Peggy smiled a little at Maggie. “I hope you’re right.” She said quietly.

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #5652 on: December 05, 2019, 01:13:30 PM »

Thomas narrowed his eyes as it was the fist time he was hearing about the altercation with Ainslie's brother, "Wait, what happened with your brother? How could the wolf save Charles? I thought you only transformed on the full moon?" Thomas said

MercyResurrected

« Reply #5653 on: December 05, 2019, 01:25:36 PM »

Ainslie got wide eyes, “The—the night Charles and I went dancing? When I told him how I felt,” she flushed, “He didn’t tell you.” She realized and swallowed, “We just, my brother tried to take me back and drugged me. I couldn’t move, barely conscience. Usually, the wolf only comes out during a full moon, but if I’m a dire situation, I’m unable to save myself, she’ll come out. So when my brother turned the gun on Charles, she took over and attacked my own brother to save him.”

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #5654 on: December 05, 2019, 01:38:15 PM »

“Well, I was fine climbing the tree. It was the jumping that did me in,” he explained. “I was trying to follow Ainslie because I was too lazy to climb a whole bunch more.”
Nico snorted in amusement. "So was it worth it? Did you impress your lady friend then?"

Ruth rushed over to Peggy, her eyes wide. "Miss Peggy, Miss Peggy!" she cried. "The lady said we can't stay here! She was real mad," Ruth added, her lip quivering.
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 381