Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: So Happy Together  (Read 4118 times)

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
Re: So Happy Together
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2019, 02:42:04 PM »

Name: Anatole Cyril Syvatoslavovich, III
Major: English
Appearance: Anatole has sad, dark brown eyes and shaggy red hair, along with freckles dusting his cheeks and pointy nose. He's around 5'6" and has a bit of a chubby figure. He always looks incredibly tired.
Personality: Anatole is a trusting, friendly man, who works hard and puts his faith in his friends. He doesn't enjoy confrontation, which can lead him to be pushed around, and he has a soft spot for small, fluffy animals. He loves the 'Great American classics' of the world, ie 'The Great Gatsby', 'The Color Purple', 'Atlas Shrugged', and dreams of one day writing his own novel. He's a bit of a dense fellow, often misunderstanding people's body language or tone. Also, he hates his full name, so just call him Anatole.
Background: Born to an incredibly large family, Anatole had three brothers and four sisters (two sets of twins very early in the parents' marriage, and then three more later on,) by the time he was born. Four of his siblings were already on the verge of graduating high school when Anatole was born, so he felt a bit of a disconnect from many of his siblings due to the massive age gap. By the time he was 10, he was already an uncle. Having already worn themselves out from the previous seven children, Anatole was allowed to mostly be an independent child, learning how to do many things like study, cook, and do laundry by himself. And when he wasn't taking care of himself, Anatole was reading. For much of his life, Anatole's best friends were the books he found in the library or in his parents' bookshelf. And now that he's older, he's starting to realize that maybe that lack of social gracing is starting to be a bit of a drag for him.

Name: Grace Myong
Major: History
Appearance: Grace is a tall woman with broad shoulders and an athletic build, standing at 6 feet. She has big hazel eyes and a flat nose, as well as long black hair kept in a french braid.
Personality: Grace is a smart, easygoing gal, who isn't incredibly motivated or concerned about being the best. She wants to do what she enjoys, and she can be very blunt about whether or not she thinks something is cool or fun. To her, history is fun, and that's why she's working to get a career in it. Anyone who isn't pursuing what they love is stupid, to her, and she'll tell them that. She's very honest, loves junk food, and also loves her pet turtle, Cheonsa.
Background: Grace was born to hardworking Korean immigrants who wanted their daughter to succeed in life and live happily in America, with lots friends and a good job. Fortunately for them, they never saw the 'tiger parent' route as right, so they instead supported Grace and gave her every opportunity she wanted to succeed, which resulted in Grace living a happy life. Unfortunately, her parents' financial situation was bad, so getting into college was going to be difficult. With a part-time job at a gas station, a few scholarships for academics and golf, and a mildly frightening loan taken out, Grace is now at college and living her best life - Or as close to it as she can get.

How are these two?

Emma-la

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2019, 03:14:38 PM »

Name: Maria Rodriguez
Major: Marketing
Appearance: tight dark curls, tan complexion, about 5”5’, warm brown eyes and a curvy sillouhette.
Personality: Bright and bubbly, Maria loves to get into as many shenanigans as she can. Breaking some of her friends out of their shells is her biggest goal.
Background: She was orphaned at a young age and was moved around a lot as a kid but settled into a family who adopted her when she was 14. She knew the dark sides of the foster system and so has an extra appreciation for all of the good things in her life. She has 2 older brothers through her adoptive parents who helped instil her troublemaking spirit.
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2019, 03:21:04 PM »

I WANT. A slice of life college rp i think. Just. Simple.

And then you meet our characters :I
Member since April 24th 2010.
----------------------------------
Author of "We All Come Home"
Short story; pub. March 2018
in Scarborough Fair Magazine
www.youtube.com/maragrace

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2019, 03:24:46 PM »

we haven't even started and some of these people already have some serious issues :P

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2019, 04:05:52 PM »

Lmaoooo well. It'll be a dramatic version of Friends I guess

Just waiting for a couple more cards and then we can start!

I'm like the cool, ninja sharpshooter!

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2019, 04:35:55 PM »

I know. I tried to make my character as basic as possible, just a normal every day girl and then everyone else is so in depth XD

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2019, 04:40:24 PM »

Sorry!!!
She was going to be a sweet, boring nursing student but then my brain went overboard when I was trying to fall asleep

BlueberryDoughnut

• Knife Wife, Keeper of the Holy Bun
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2019, 10:26:59 AM »

Name: Cody Vasquez
Major: Chemistry
Appearance: Cody has tan skin, dark brown hair, and brown eyes. He's 5'11", but puts 6' in his Tinder bio, and is a muscular dude.
Personality: He gives me "dudes just wanna have fun", party boy kinda vibes, but we'll see. I really don't know, lol.
Background: Cody was born and raised in an inner city condo, and his life was relatively normal until he witnessed his father murdering his mother at the age of four. After his father's trial and conviction, Cody was bounced from foster home to foster home until he eventually aged out of the system. He managed to get into college with the help of his last foster family, whom he still visits on breaks and holidays.
t-tell youw boyfwend if he says he's got beef
that i'm a vegetawian and i ain't f*cking scawed of him
she wants to touch me uwu
she wants to love me uwu
she'll neve leave me uwu, uwu, owo

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2019, 10:55:20 AM »

Oh gee dark past

I wanna make another character cuz #toomuchgene but we have so many already lmao. Hmmm are we waiting for anyone else?

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2019, 10:59:04 AM »

I think that's everyone?

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2019, 11:13:42 AM »

You can always bring said character in later on!
Member since April 24th 2010.
Author of "We All Come Home"
Short story; pub. March 2018
in Scarborough Fair Magazine
www.youtube.com/maragrace

BlueberryDoughnut

• Knife Wife, Keeper of the Holy Bun
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2019, 11:14:50 AM »

Oh gee dark past

Nornally my charries have normal lives until I wreck them, figured this time I'd mix it up and preemptively wreck Cody's life
t-tell youw boyfwend if he says he's got beef
that i'm a vegetawian and i ain't f*cking scawed of him
she wants to touch me uwu
she wants to love me uwu
she'll neve leave me uwu, uwu, owo

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2019, 11:17:28 AM »

Lmao love it blue.

Tru, Mara. I probs will. Anyway, I'm gonna start and if someone hasn't posted yet they can just jump in asap, it shouldn't be too hard!

Alex had sent out a group message a few days ago saying they ought to all try to have a get together, inviting everyone to his house. Now that it was the day of he was getting stuff ready. Which mostly meant making sure the drinks and snacks were stocked, and that he had the phone number of the pizza place ready to call because he was almost positive they'd want pizza eventually. His roommates had also pretty much cleared out, which was cool of them. Granted, he hadn't asked them to but it was still convenient.

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2019, 11:24:50 AM »

wow, we have a lot of characters that went through foster care :P)

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2019, 12:00:02 PM »

Sam was in her room on her bed, laying on her back with her legs up against the wall, holding the book over her head as she finished up reading her textbook. She was almost finished and knew she should get up and do one thing with her face and hair before heading to Alex’s. She reached over and grabbed her phone, texting him quickly to make sure they were still planning to get together.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10