Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: So Happy Together  (Read 4639 times)

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
Re: So Happy Together
« Reply #105 on: March 21, 2019, 01:20:31 AM »

Sam got bright eyed, “Oh that sounds like so much fun. You’ll be the one going places!” She said, excited for him. She blushed a little and tamed herself, taking a drink, clearing her throat, “Did you want a drink or something?”

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #106 on: March 21, 2019, 01:32:11 AM »

Alex smiled at her enthusiasm before looking down at his hands. "Oh, yeah, but I'll go grab it. I kinda just want a soda," he said. He pushed himself off the wall and walked over to the counter to pour some into a cup.

I'm like the cool, ninja sharpshooter!

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2019, 01:36:02 AM »

Clayton shrugged. “Third year has been the most relaxed, I’ve found. Everyone’s sort of settled in their pattern and classes. I’m also realizing now how awkward first years are... can’t flirt with the girls without them going full high school on me, can’t flirt with the guys without them getting self conscious... god it makes me feel so old.”
Member since April 24th 2010.
----------------------------------
Author of "We All Come Home"
Short story; pub. March 2018
in Scarborough Fair Magazine
www.youtube.com/maragrace

MercyResurrected

« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2019, 01:42:05 AM »

Sam looked at him, her brows coming together before she watched him walk back to the counter. She chewed on the inside of her cheek and suddenly felt awkward. She didn’t want to follow him around his own house and seem clingy. Sam just stayed in her spot and put her arms around her. Alex has a lot of people here. He can’t just spend all night talking to you all down. Calm down. You didn’t do anything wrong. Relax

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2019, 03:58:25 AM »

Alex took a sip and then walked back over to Sam. "Sorry, did you want anything?" He asked, lifting his eyebrows worriedly.

MercyResurrected

« Reply #110 on: March 21, 2019, 04:10:43 AM »

Sam lifted her cup and gave him a small smile, "I've got one," she then turned to him a little bit and swallowed, "So, are you still seeing that girl? I think I remember you went on a date sometime over the summer." she said, trying to be as casually as possible before sipping her drink.

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #111 on: March 21, 2019, 04:20:26 AM »

"Oh, nah, it didn't work out. She got back together with her ex like right after." He rolled his eyes but then smiled. "It's no biggie though, I dunno if I really have time for dating, you know?"

MercyResurrected

« Reply #112 on: March 21, 2019, 04:24:45 AM »

"Oh, that's really awful of her. Being someone's rebound is never fun," Sam said, but then found her eyes staring into her drink, gripping it a little harder when he said he wasn't looking to date. She nodded quietly before looking up at him with her lips pressed together tightly for a moment. She then breathed out, "Yeah, school is a lot. It can be better to just focus your attention on one thing instead of be divided," she said. She then cleared her throat.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #113 on: March 21, 2019, 04:41:47 AM »

Teddi's eyes widened and he took a step back as if she had just pulled something illegal or dangerous out of her pocket. "Where-how- a turtle?" Honestly it was the last thing he'd expected anyone to bring to a party. But, then again, he hadn't been to many parties.

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #114 on: March 21, 2019, 06:00:18 AM »

Alex blinked, confused by her change of demeanor. Had he said something wrong? "Er, yeah, school's definitely kicking my butt this semester. Plus work on top of that, it's been a lot."

MercyResurrected

« Reply #115 on: March 21, 2019, 06:15:22 AM »

Sam finished her drink while she listened to him and nodded, “I’m surprised you got us all together here,” she joked with a half smile, “But I’m glad you did. I always like seeing everyone together and I like spending time with you.” She then shook her cup gently, “Im gonna go get some more” she said and started to step away, glancing over at Robyn before going to the drinks.

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr
« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2019, 06:33:11 AM »

Robyn snorted and shook her head, "You art students have it easy," she said, honestly  a little jealous; she had a full and difficult course load on top of volleyball and work. She rolled her eyes at his comment about the first years before glancing over at Sam, "Those poor, innocent freshmen," Robyn joked as she got up and casually walked over to fill up her drink. She nudged Sam with her elbow, "Well?? tell me everything" she whispered

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”

MercyResurrected

« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2019, 06:38:01 AM »

Sam poured some soda in her cup, but then at least two shots worth of liquor in too. She shook her head, “Nothing to talk about. He is really busy. Doesn’t have time for a relationship, you know?” she said why quietly and shrugged, “And he’s not wrong. I mean, if I work just a little harder, I can be done next semester and then I can go anywhere I want “

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
« Reply #118 on: March 21, 2019, 06:39:51 AM »

“I’d like to see you try to create an 8 canvas modern Dali-esque piece in less than a week, see if you call it easy then,” Clayton called after her, only partially joking. He took a sip of his drink before swinging himself up into a standing position. He made his way over to Alex. “So, what inspired you to bring us together tonight?”

Natalie spotted the turtle and made her way over. “Hey guys,” she said. “Why... do you have a turtle?” She wasn’t judging though, in fact, she was smiling, amused.
Member since April 24th 2010.
Author of "We All Come Home"
Short story; pub. March 2018
in Scarborough Fair Magazine
www.youtube.com/maragrace

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #119 on: March 21, 2019, 07:22:27 AM »

Alex watched Sam with a furrowed brow, pretty confused now. He sipped his drink and then looked up as Clayton came over. "Oh, I just missed you guys I guess. It's been a long time since the gang's been together." He cracked a grin.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10