Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: So Happy Together  (Read 4251 times)

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
Re: So Happy Together
« Reply #120 on: March 21, 2019, 08:13:56 AM »

(Well, Alex— girls can be pretty confusing)

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr
« Reply #121 on: March 21, 2019, 09:10:25 AM »

Robyn could understand that reasoning; she was far too busy to even entertain a relationship. "Alright, I get that but what if he's just saying that because he hasn't found the right girl yet or he made up an excuse because he's embarrassed that he's not in a relationship," Robyn said as she snuck a glance over at Alex.

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #122 on: March 21, 2019, 10:01:07 AM »

(He's just trying his best, man)

I'm like the cool, ninja sharpshooter!

MercyResurrected

« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2019, 10:21:31 AM »

Sam just groaned and shook her head, waving her hand at Robyn to stop her, “It’s whatever. You know what, it doesn’t—doesn’t matter. If he cares, he say something and if I’m still single then, which given my track record, is pretty likely, I’ll give it a shot, but I can’t obsess over it. I’ll just get miserable and make up a million reasons why I’m the worst” she said downed half her drink before adding more of the strawberry flavored liquor she’d seen someone pouring earlier.

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2019, 12:05:42 PM »

Robyn watched Sam refill her glass and shook her head, "Easy now," she said while filling her own cup with water, "I can tell you right now that you are not the worst. Any guy who can't see that if not worth it," Robyn said firmly.

MercyResurrected

« Reply #125 on: March 21, 2019, 12:22:28 PM »

“Very kindly put,” Sam teased and then chuckled, “Don’t worry Mom, I’ll dring water inbetween and won’t let anyone else hold my drink.” She stuck her tongue out at Robyn and then sighed, looking back over at Alex, “Dammit and now he’s over there” she said and shook her head, taking another sip from her cup.

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #126 on: March 21, 2019, 12:56:41 PM »

Robyn chuckled, "You know I can't help myself Sammy," she said then looked over at Alex and the others, "Come on, let's join them and just have some fun," she encouraged.

MercyResurrected

« Reply #127 on: March 21, 2019, 12:59:49 PM »

“Fine, but only because you’re the best,” Sam told her and patted her cheek, “Youre the actual best Robyn. I can’t wait for someone incredible to snatch you away” she told her before walking over to the living room and sliding into a corner of the couch.

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #128 on: March 21, 2019, 02:09:27 PM »

Teddi's eyes widened and he took a step back as if she had just pulled something illegal or dangerous out of her pocket. "Where-how- a turtle?" Honestly it was the last thing he'd expected anyone to bring to a party. But, then again, he hadn't been to many parties.

"Technically a tortoise, but honestly I don't care much about names." Grace shrugged. "He's my buddy. You wanna hold him? Turtles don't exactly judge people, so I find they can make for good anxiety relievers."

Natalie spotted the turtle and made her way over. “Hey guys,” she said. “Why... do you have a turtle?” She wasn’t judging though, in fact, she was smiling, amused.

"Tortoise." Grace smiled back at Natalie. "And I take him everywhere. I like to let him see the world and stuff. Why? You got a thing against turtles?" There wasn't malice in her voice, she was mostly joking along.

Alex watched Sam with a furrowed brow, pretty confused now. He sipped his drink and then looked up as Clayton came over. "Oh, I just missed you guys I guess. It's been a long time since the gang's been together." He cracked a grin.

Anatole piped up. "Yeah, I guess with...exams and such it's hard to keep up with friends." He figured. "It's good we're still in touch and all, though." He sat down on the couch nearest to him and drank his soda in hopes of looking...not as nervous as usual. "And it's nice that no drama among us has really broken out, you know? All the heartbreak and angst you see in shows and books really doesn't translate over to real life, huh? Or...maybe it does, and I just have a boring life, heh." He silently cursed himself for getting weird and rambly. Lame, Anatole! Real lame!

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
« Reply #129 on: March 21, 2019, 02:15:10 PM »

Natalie grinned. "He's cute," she said. "He must feel like a real world explorer."

--

Clayton nodded. "And here I was thinking that maybe you wanted a big orgy," he said in a serious voice, but then he grinned because he couldn't take himself seriously at all. "Though, five on five, may be an interesting time," he added jokingly, looking around the room at everyone.
Member since April 24th 2010.
----------------------------------
Author of "We All Come Home"
Short story; pub. March 2018
in Scarborough Fair Magazine
www.youtube.com/maragrace

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #130 on: March 21, 2019, 02:20:10 PM »

Grace nodded, glad that this party seemed to be turtle friendly. "He totally does." She responded. "And all he needs is lettuce and warmth, and that's a super low-key lifestyle, you know? I wish real life was that easy."

A blush covered Anatole's face when Clayton mentioned....an orgy??
"Aha, yeah, maybe not with me." He grinned nervously. "Well - Not that I don't like you all, or want to - I mean I don't want to! But not in a bad way! I just - You know - I've never even - I...Oh, dear... What I mean is that - Well, I, I'm not orgy material, you know? Wow, I'm so sorry, guys." Anatole bit his lip nervously. Wow, he was a loser.

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #131 on: March 21, 2019, 04:00:53 PM »

Alex coughed into soda and then started laughing. "No, I agree with you Anatole," he said when he stopped laughing. "Definitely no orgy planned tonight, sorry to disappoint."

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
« Reply #132 on: March 21, 2019, 04:34:39 PM »

Clayton beamed in response. He patted Anatole on the shoulder. "I was only teasing, no need to worry," he said. "And no disappointment either! I'm happy to be among fun people!"
Member since April 24th 2010.
Author of "We All Come Home"
Short story; pub. March 2018
in Scarborough Fair Magazine
www.youtube.com/maragrace

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #133 on: March 22, 2019, 02:22:42 AM »

"Well, I'm glad for that then," Alex laughed. He looked around the room, sipping his soda thoughtfully.

MercyResurrected

« Reply #134 on: March 22, 2019, 02:28:13 AM »

Sam raised an eyebrow, overhearing the conversation about an orgy and chucked to herself as she chewed on lip, swirling her drink in her cup. That was a crazy idea. One she would never ever be down for. It was sort of funny how obvious Antanole was about it though.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10