Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 646

Author Topic: Gods and Monsters  (Read 85158 times)

|ĸιrα|

Gods and Monsters
« on: August 03, 2019, 03:13:26 PM »

In a city where power is everything, only the strongest survive. Man is only an animal, after all.

Every person has a daemon. A reflection of their soul in animal form, by their side from the moment a person is born to the moment of their death. The bond between human and daemon is unbreakable, if one dies the other will soon follow.
In recent years the city has fallen to gangs, those who use their daemons to gain power through any means necessary. It began with fighting rings but has grown into something much bigger. The Big Four, so they're called.

The Bears to the North.
The Wolves to the East.
The Leopards to the West.
The Lions to the South.

Each gang runs their own sector of the city, keeping to their own territory. When they ever meet, however, it's not good for anyone. And if you happen to be caught in the middle? That's even worse for you.
Even more alarming than the gangs themselves is the interconnection they seem to have with the suddenly daemonless people cropping up in hospitals - not dead, but certainly not whole. Who's behind it? Whose side do you choose?

Ive probably called a rp this before but whatever, Lana del rey 5ever my dudes.
Ive been wanting to do a daemon-based rp for forever so HERE WE ARE. And the comic ive been reading sort of inspired the plot :') idk this could turn out as a mess but i think itd be cool?
Btw the 'gangs' are like mobster/mafia types. But they do illegal things. I dunno all the details yet.
Also to be in a specific one your character doesn't have to have that specific daemon. Those are just the supposed daemons of each gang leader, if that makes sense.
Your character also doesn't need to be in one, but for them to be part of the plot they'll have to get caught up in it all eventually.
You can of course have multiple characters.
I haven't yet decided if I want to let anyone play a mob boss yet ONLY because if we all start off in different groups that makes it hard to get the plot rolling.
OH and since this is based off a comic loosely, the characters are like youngish. In the comic theyre in high school but for my sanity we'll say college. OH OH okay so you can be apart of the 4 different groups or whateva, but let's say all our characters attend the same school and thats how they know each other. Yes. I need to type this out better but I think I know how to make it work.
Um. Hm.
Daemons! Please think logically about the daemon you give to your character. They have to be an extant (living) species. No dinos, no mammoths, no dragons, no unicorns. They should be able to move on land because why would you have a dolphin daemon that can't be near you? And they should be reasonably-ish sized. I'd say the biggest would be like, a horse? Or moose? No elephants or giraffes my guys. Just. Be logical. Use ur brain.
Ugh sorry this is rambly but anyway if you're interested just lemme know and I'll post a card eventually! And if you have any questions just ask, it's somewhat late here so I understand if this didn't make any sense to y'all.

Higher, further, faster

|ĸιrα|

Re: Gods and Monsters
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 03:13:46 PM »

Forum glitch ayoo

Higher, further, faster

Emma-la

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 12:10:04 AM »

Yess!!
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

RedneckedGent

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 12:36:25 AM »

I'm in.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." George Orwell.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 02:17:34 AM »

Yes to both!

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2019, 03:58:47 AM »

Interested....

"No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up"

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2019, 04:07:38 AM »

Wooooord okay here's the card
ALSO I don't like guns so no guns :) like yeah its the mafia or whateva but I'm into fist fights n baseball bats rn. You know. If it comes to that.

Name:
Age (college/university aged pls):
Appearance:
Personality:
Background (if you want, idrc):
Daemon Name:
Daemon Species:
Daemon Personality:

You can choose to say what group theyre affiliated with in your card or not, it'll come up sooner or later I imagine.

Higher, further, faster

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2019, 06:31:02 AM »

Name: Elijah Sappho
Appearance: Midnight black hair that he usually keeps styled back. Pale skin and hazel eyes. He's quite tall and muscular, from years and years of martial arts training.
Personality: He's quite stoic and takes things very seriously, even if theyre not meant to be. He's quite studious when it comes to his studies, though he's only in school to keep up appearances.
Background: He was recruited to the Bears when he was 16 and has since worked his way up being something of a second in command, though he doesn't talk about it ever unless he's working. In which case he doesn't need to talk because he's usually beating people up.
Daemon Name: Maia
Daemon Species: Grizzly bear, though she is on the smaller side.
Daemon Personality: Tends to be more playful than her human counterpart, she can usually tell him when he's being too serious. However, this makes her no less fierce.

Name: Natalie Chenworth
Appearance: straight hair that she often dyes different colors. She has dark brown eyes and a naturally tanned complexion. She's relatively short and has a curvier figure.
Personality: blunt and to the point, she often tells things like it is. Often impulsive and adventurous, which gets her into trouble.
Background: she's a second year student at the same school as Elijah, who she's known since they were kids.
Daemon Name: Everest
Daemon Species: Golden Lion Tamarin
Daemon Personality: far more reserved than Natalie, and usually quite nervous. He tends to be the voice of reason but it gets overshadowed by Natalie's stubbornness.

Higher, further, faster

Emma-la

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2019, 02:47:16 PM »

Name: Sadie Green
Age (college/university aged pls): 22
Appearance: dark brown hair cut in a bob with bangs, round face. She’s Filipina, so she’s got pretty tan skin and is of rather average height. She has a muscular build, though still on the slight side.
Personality: Shes very reserved, in that quiet dangerous way. Scrappy and rough around the edges, Sadie does what needs to be done but doesn’t take any particular joy in the dirty stuff.
Background (if you want, idrc): Sadie ended up going to university late since she couldn’t afford it originally, growing up pretty poor (raised by a single dad who died when she was 15). She joined the Wolves soon after her fathers death and as she moved up in the ranks slowly, she managed to find enough money to go back to school. She started when she was 20, so she’s now in her second year and rather high up in the gang.
Daemon Name: Lisbeth
Daemon Species: Bearded Dragon
Daemon Personality: Lisbeth encourages the darker side of Sadie’s behaviour. Where Sadie simply does them, Lisbeth relishes in them. Keeps pushing her to go farther than necessary.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2019, 02:58:26 PM »

Love her!

Higher, further, faster

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2019, 09:20:35 AM »

I'm interested!

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2019, 10:19:53 AM »

Name: Norah Clarke
Age (college/university aged pls): 22
Appearance: dark thick, curly hair that falls a couple inches past her shoulders, chocolatey eyes with flecks of gold that are more pronounced when the light hits them, and a warm-caramel complexion.
Personality: Norah is confident and determined, especially when passionate about something. She possesses a curiosity (and stubbornness) that often gets her in trouble she's always willing to break the rules or get into dangerous situations, especially when I comes to uncovering the mystery of her parent's deaths (I'll leave it at that cause I'll figure her out as we go :P)
Background (if you want, idrc): Norah's parents, who were both high-ranking members of the bears, were murdered by members of one of the rival gangs, or so she suspects. Her older brother was recruited to the bears after their deaths and assumed responsibility of raising Norah. She has resisted all attempts of recruitment, wanting to focus on her studies and not wanting to get caught up in the same life that got her parents killed. However, Norah knows she cannot run forever; her life will forever be connected to the Bears.
Daemon Name: Sophie
Daemon Species: Golden Eagle
Daemon Personality: Is a voice of reason, playing a big part in what is keeping Norah from following in her parents and brother's footsteps. Sophie is every bit as confident and strong-willed as Norah, but without the sass and willingness to break rules. She is literally the conscience on Norah's shoulder, taking her out of stupid ideas and encouraging her to do the right thing. Of course, much to Sophie's frustration...Norah only listens half the time.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 03:24:04 PM by kristina-la »

"No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up"

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2019, 10:26:22 AM »

Hell yeah Rai, karibu!!!

Nice Stina!

Higher, further, faster

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2019, 03:45:00 AM »

Name: Vidal Savas
Age (college/university aged pls): 23
Appearance: Tall and muscular, his appearance suggests an intimidating, 'more brawn than brains' sort of person. His skin is a warm brown tone, his eyes are dark, and his black hair is styled in neat dreadlocks, which he typically wears loosely tied at the base of his neck.
Personality: Despite his appearance, Vidal is a laid-back, warm person. He has the ideal 'older brother' thing going on, being a bit of a joker and extremely protective of his loved ones, although he also has a habit of being quite dense when it comes to other people's emotions.
Background (if you want, idrc): I don't have a backstory nicely thought out so I'll just add this in point form:
   - He is biracial (white (spanish/greek) and black)
  - He's originally from Spain, and speaks with a bit of an accent
   - He's done odd 'jobs' for the Lions, but hasn't been officially indoctrinated yet (yet!)
Daemon Name: Acantha
Daemon Species: Burmese Python
Daemon Personality: Acantha is the mother figure to Vidal's brother figure: she holds his best interest at heart, even if she may come off as cold and stern. She is also extremely wary of strangers, always assuming they have the worst intentions for her human.

Emma-la

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2019, 03:50:15 AM »

I’m so pumped for this rp !!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 646