Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 646

Author Topic: Gods and Monsters  (Read 85164 times)

Emma-la

Re: Gods and Monsters
« Reply #1995 on: October 12, 2019, 03:19:50 PM »

Sadie followed reluctantly. She had taken a liking to their little home there, and she had a feeling they wouldn’t be returning to it for a while still. Her own daemon sat on her head, silent but clearly fuming at being taken from their safe space.
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
« Reply #1996 on: October 12, 2019, 03:22:18 PM »

(okay, now what? how are they going to find him? :P)

"Do you have any idea of where to start looking?" Norah asked Apollo as she looked out the window nervously. Her heart hadn't stopped pounding since the Bear had arrived with the news of Elijah; she was so scared of losing him.

"No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up"

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #1997 on: October 12, 2019, 03:44:29 PM »

(Don't worry, it'll be easy lmao. The drama isn't so much in the finding him as it is in when they find him lol but im going to bed soon so it might have to wait until tomorrow)

"Well, I waa going to go see if there was anything to tell us where he'd been sent. So, headquarters basically," Apollo explained. The drive didn't take them too long, and he parked the car outside a relatively normal looking office building. "As far as anyone's concerned, it's a marketing firm," he told them as he got out.

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

« Reply #1998 on: October 12, 2019, 03:54:29 PM »

I’m going to bed too. Getting up early for the cranberry festival :))

Norah had never given much thought to the work her brother did or what the bears headquarters looked like. For some reason she never expected some boring office building. She got out of the car and looked at the building uneasily; what if the bears were behind his disappearance? She was quickly realizing how few people she could trust in the city. It almost made her want to flee to some where far away, leave it all behind once and for all.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #1999 on: October 13, 2019, 01:36:56 AM »

(Fun!)

Apollo walked inside, trying to look as casual as he could with a wolf following him. Sure, it was welcome back up, but what's a wolf to a den full of Bears? He didn't have long to wonder, though, because something caught his eye. "What the hell..." he said under his breath, and quickly walked over to the center of the lobby, where Elijah stood talking to another man. Apollo interrupted the conversation immediately. "What the hell, man?!"
"What?" Elijah asked, blinking at him.
"Where have you been? I've been trying to find you for days!" Apollo insisted.
"I've been on mission, chill out. I just got back," he informed him calmly, though somewhat annoyed.
"Nuh uh, you were dead silent on your end for days," he argued.
"Um, yeah, I had to be. I didn't think you'd freak out about it."
"You told me to freak out about it! I even went to find your friends, like you said!"
"My what?" Elijah's brow furrowed and he turned to the others Apollo had brought with him. His expression immediately became concerned.
"Natalie?! What are you doing here?" He demanded, walking over to her. She glanced at Norah and Sadie uneasily and then looked at Elijah.
"Um...helping find you?"
"You shouldn't be here! Come on, let's go." He grabbed her arm to take her out of the building, ignoring the others entirely.

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

« Reply #2000 on: October 13, 2019, 07:44:58 AM »

(OH NO!)

When Norah's eyes found Elijah she felt a weight lifted off her that had been crushing her for days. He was alive and unharmed! That weight quickly crashed back down though as Elijah walked by her without even an acknowledgement, "E...Elijah?" she stuttered, not understanding. She grabbed his arm as he walked by, staring at him with tear-filled eyes. It was like he didn't even know her.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #2001 on: October 13, 2019, 08:49:33 AM »

Elijah immediately yanked his arm away, turning to her with a hard look. "I don't think you should be here either." He paused and looked her over. "You're Jasper's sister, aren't you? How did you guys even find out about this?" He shot a look at Apollo, who held his hands up in surrender.
"Eli, where's Maia?" Natalie asked, realizing she didn't see the bear.
"She's.." he paused, looking uncertain for a moment. "Oh, she's upstairs."

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

« Reply #2002 on: October 13, 2019, 08:58:58 AM »

Norah couldn't get any words out; she could hardly breathe. "What's wrong with him?" she asked, voice small as she looked at Apollo.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #2003 on: October 13, 2019, 09:18:17 AM »

Apollo just shook his head, as lost as she was with the entire situation. "Elijah, you shouldn't be away from your daemon," he said, looking at his friend.
"She's fine, she's with the boss," he informed him, nodding with more certainty now. "You need to take these people out of here, though. They shouldn't be here."

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

« Reply #2004 on: October 13, 2019, 09:30:02 AM »

Norah hastily wiped away the tears spilling down her cheeks; what ever this was, it was far worse than anything she had imagined. "Why is she with your boss? What use could he possibly have with her?" Norah questioned, refusing to leave as he'd requested, "Eli...he's done something to you," she said then, voice cracking. Norah couldn't help herself in that moment, she reached up and smoothed her hand along his cheek and looked up at him, "Why don't you remember?"

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #2005 on: October 13, 2019, 09:52:01 AM »

His eyes met hers and he reached up and put his hand on her wrist. He hesitated, but then pulled her hand away from him. "I don't know who you think I am, but I've literally never met you. If you're looking for information about your brother, we don't have anything."

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

« Reply #2006 on: October 13, 2019, 10:05:54 AM »

"I'm not looking for information about my brother, I came here looking for you!" she exclaimed. "You promised you wouldn't be longer than a week!" she said, stepping away from him. Norah breathed in and out deeply, desperately trying to hold it together.

Emma-la

« Reply #2007 on: October 13, 2019, 10:35:58 AM »

Sadie put a protective hand on Norah’s shoulder, her eyes narrowed. “Elijah, snap out of it,” she hissed. What kind of game was he playing at? The poor girls heart had been broken enough.
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #2008 on: October 13, 2019, 11:17:05 AM »

"Snap out of what?!" He exclaimed, looking between them. "Natalie, do you seriously know them?" He asked, looking at his friend.
"Yeah, Eli, you do too. We're all friends," Natalie explained as gently as she could.
"I've never met them!" Elijah insisted. "You...you should all go, before someone comes to make you leave," he said, backing away from them. He shook his head and turned, quickly walking away.
"Eli, wait!" Apollo went after him, but a cold look from the other man made him stop in his tracks. "Someone did something to him," he said as he joined the girls again, looking very uneasy.

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

« Reply #2009 on: October 13, 2019, 11:19:59 AM »

Norah reaches out and grabbed Sadie’s arm, feeling like she would pass out. How could he not remember? What had they done to him? “We have to fix him!” She insisted.

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 646