Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 646

Author Topic: Gods and Monsters  (Read 85155 times)

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
Re: Gods and Monsters
« Reply #2025 on: October 14, 2019, 03:02:47 PM »

Norah looked over at him then frowned and glanced out the window, unsure if it was wise to tell him everything; she wasn't sure if she could trust this memory wiped, possibly brainwashed Elijah. "I...foolishly got into a relationship with a wolf and our secret got out," Norah explained, "You happened to be there when it happened so you took me back to your place to keep me safe from the wolves," Norah said, not bothering to explain further.

"No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up"

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #2026 on: October 14, 2019, 03:05:54 PM »

"That doesn't make sense. I'd heard of that happening, but you definitely didn't stay with me." He looked over at her briefly, then back out to the road as he followed the other car.

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

« Reply #2027 on: October 14, 2019, 03:12:03 PM »

Norah breathed in deeply and closed her eyes, trying to stay calm; it was like his memories had been replaced. "I stayed with you for nearly a week before Johan broke into your apartment and abducted me," Norah said. She looked back at him, tears trying to well up again, "Whatever memories you have, they aren't real. I don't know what they did to you Eli, but it's not real," she said

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #2028 on: October 14, 2019, 03:19:31 PM »

"Tell me what's real to you, then." His tone was a bit snappy, but he wasn't really angry. Just confused. He didn't know what to think of this girl coming here, acting as though she knew him so well.

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

« Reply #2029 on: October 14, 2019, 03:32:30 PM »

(awe, it's like the hunger games :P)

Norah bit her lip hard and looked down at her injured hand, unsure what to tell him. She just wanted him to remember. She wanted her Elijah back. Norah gave him the cliff notes of everything they'd been through, starting from that day at the café and ending that day he left the safehouse. When she was done, Norah frowned and blinked away tears, "I love you Elijah, that's what's real to me," she finally said
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 03:36:46 PM by kristina-la »

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #2030 on: October 14, 2019, 11:52:32 PM »

(Omg I didn't even think of that!)

Elijah didn't reply right away. He didn't really know how. He knew his shoulder ached and no one would tell him why, and now his heart was aching and he wasn't sure the reason behind that either. "I don't remember any of that," he said softly.

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

« Reply #2031 on: October 15, 2019, 01:56:13 AM »

Norah reached out hesitantly and put her injured hand on his arm, “because they’ve done something to your mind,” Norah said gently, “I couldn’t make any of this up,” she said, voice small and shaky as her mind went back to mr Robertson’s men torturing her.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #2032 on: October 15, 2019, 02:50:01 AM »

Elijah glanced at her and then shifted his arm away from her touch. "Mr. Peters warned me about this," he said, his tone changing.

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

« Reply #2033 on: October 15, 2019, 03:00:01 AM »

Norah choked back a sob And turned her face away from him. “And what did he warn you about?” She asked, her other hand gripping the seat belt tightly. The bears boss had taken her parents from her and now the man she loved. She wasn’t sure who she hated more, mr peters or Jaime’s father.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #2034 on: October 15, 2019, 03:26:43 AM »

"You. You're from a family of traitors," he insisted.

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

« Reply #2035 on: October 15, 2019, 03:45:07 AM »

Norah shook her head, "My family has been nothing but loyal to the Bears," Norah said shortly, growing angry. Not only had they replaced Elijah's memories, they were turning him against her? "My brother has been a loyal member for years, despite knowing your boss had our parents killed. Should that not count for anything?" she demanded then turned back to him, "Does your boss even know what my parents did to supposedly betray their own?" she inquired.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #2036 on: October 15, 2019, 03:54:12 AM »

"Like I would tell you," he rolled his eyes. "Isn't that all you've wanted to know?"

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

« Reply #2037 on: October 15, 2019, 04:12:45 AM »

Norah pursed her lips, clutching the seatbelt again, "I've been searching for answered for years, that is true," Norah said, "and you were looking into it. My guess is you found something out that you shouldn't have," she said, "and they've gone and done this to you," Norah said,

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #2038 on: October 15, 2019, 04:56:05 AM »

"They didn't do anything to me!" He insisted, his grip tightening on the wheel. He took the next exit, leaving Apollo's car to head up further into the mountains.

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

« Reply #2039 on: October 15, 2019, 05:07:14 AM »

Norah frowned as he left behind the other car, "yes they did!" she exclaimed but grew quiet as they headed towards the mountains, just as they had weeks ago. "You come out this way when you don't know what else to do. It's the only place you feel like you can breathe," Norah commented.

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 646