Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29

Author Topic: Gods and Monsters  (Read 1538 times)

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr
Re: Gods and Monsters
« Reply #345 on: August 16, 2019, 03:12:22 AM »

Norah stared at Elijah, shocked into silence as she processed everything. If the police were searching for suspects, then Jaime was probably seriously injured by whoever jumped him. She sucked in a sharp breath as she grabbed her phone; it did not take long to find the story as it was on every local news feed. Her hands shook as she played one of the videos. A young woman with platinum blonde hair, pulled back in a tight ponytail was reporting from outside the hospital:

We are being told Counsellor Robertson's son and his Daemon are in critical condition after a violent attack earlier this morning, along with a 22 year old woman. There have been no updates on their condition. The police have confirmed that the public is not at risk and that this is likely a targeted attack. We have been told the counselors son was in a relationship with the sister of a suspected member of the bears  .

Norah covered her mouth and choked back a sob, “oh my god,” she uttered in horror, unable to stop the flow of tears. It was worse than she could have imagined. She stopped the video and tossed her phone aside.

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #346 on: August 16, 2019, 04:02:42 AM »

Elijah listened to the story with a clenched jaw. His fingers curled around the edge of the armrest in agitation.
"Idiots," he growled under his breath and stood up, pacing as he tried to think of what to do. He quickly sent a text out to a few of his men to let him know if they heard of who did this.
"Whoever did it is going to pay," he said, looking up at Norah. "I promise."

I'm like the cool, ninja sharpshooter!

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #347 on: August 16, 2019, 05:39:00 AM »

Norah met Elijah's eyes and nodded slowly, believing he would honour that promise. She wanted whoever was responsible to suffer as much as Jaime was suffering, if not more. She frowned then, inevitably wondering if Jasper had anything to do with it; the way he'd hesitated when she'd begged him not to hurt Jaime did not sit well with her. Even if he had nothing to do with it, she was certain the police would be eager to speak with him. "Something seems fishy about all of this," Norah said suddenly

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #348 on: August 16, 2019, 05:55:53 AM »

"What do you mean?" Elijah asked, tilting his head a bit.

(So my dream last had to do with this rp and I have IDEAS now but not til later)

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #349 on: August 16, 2019, 08:06:04 AM »

Ooooh excited!)

"It almost feels like a set up," Norah said, "Who would stupid enough to attack Jaime? His father is a public official and it's fairly well known that he's a Wolf. Who ever attacked Jaime would know how this would blow up," Norah said. Maybe she was grasping at straws but she did not want to believe that Jasper was behind it. She looked at Elijah with a wildness in her eyes and tears staining her cheeks.

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #350 on: August 16, 2019, 08:16:25 AM »

Elijah took a breath. It was a little farfetched, but it was weird. "I'll look into it," he said. That seemed to be the only comfort he could offer her. "I agree, though. I'd hope my guys weren't this stupid."

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #351 on: August 16, 2019, 09:54:52 AM »

“Thank you," she said then sighed deeply, "The only other explanation is jasper and I just...I want to believe he wouldn’t do that,” she said. With that, Norah got up from the couch, “if you don’t mind, I think I’m just going to lay down for a bit,” she said, feeling exhausted by everything. All she wanted to do was curl up alone and avoid everyone and everything for as long as possible.

(should we maybe ff a bit so Emma can participate again? :P)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 10:33:57 AM by kristina-la »

Emma-la

« Reply #352 on: August 16, 2019, 10:45:35 AM »

[yes pls maam]
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #353 on: August 16, 2019, 12:47:02 PM »

(Yes.)

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #354 on: August 16, 2019, 05:29:56 PM »

Norah spent the next three days doing just that. She had remained at Elijah’s apartment, curled up in bed most of the time. Everything was crumbling down around her. There had been no real update on jaime’s condition in the news, her brother had been taken in for questioning and the media was speculating that charges would be laid against him in the coming days, and they were no closer to discovering who attacked Jaime. Norah walked out of the bedroom for the first time that day, her curls a frizzy mess and her eyes red and puffy. She didn’t even care if Elijah saw her in such a state. “I have an exam tomorrow,” Norah said as she stood in the bedroom doorway, “you think it’s safe for me to go?” She asked him.

Jaime had yet to wake after three days, the extent of his injuries proving too much. The doctors remained uncertain if he ever would wake again. Meanwhile, Jaime’s daemon had slowly recovered;  slept at the foot of his bed, watching over him faithfully.

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #355 on: August 16, 2019, 05:49:48 PM »

Elijah looked a bit surprised to see her, as he was sitting on the floor with Maia's head in his lap. "What time? I'll take you to it." He said. He didn't want her to be left vulnerable at all.

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #356 on: August 17, 2019, 12:37:14 AM »

Norah was afraid of leaving the apartment; she would have been fine staying there and missing her exam, but she also did not want to fail. She offered Elijah a weak smile, “thank you, it’s at 6 in the evening,” she said.

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #357 on: August 17, 2019, 03:26:25 AM »

"Okay," he nodded and went back to scratching behind his daemon's ears as he did his reading for class.

kristina-la

• tumblr
« Reply #358 on: August 17, 2019, 05:18:17 AM »

Norah hesitated in the doorway, trying to decide if she wanted to withdraw into the room again. Maybe it would be good for her to stop hiding from everything. She sighed and sat down on the couch, "Maybe we could stop by my apartment quickly to grab some of my things," Norah asked him.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 05:40:59 AM by kristina-la »

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #359 on: August 17, 2019, 06:12:20 AM »

"Do you want to go now?" Elijah asked, looking up at her. "That'd probably be a good idea, we'll just need to be careful."

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29