Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 857

Author Topic: Gods and Monsters  (Read 123935 times)

kristina-la

• Be kind, be calm, be safe.
Re: Gods and Monsters
« Reply #3405 on: February 15, 2020, 05:04:53 PM »

(Lol, of course she would do that :P)

Astrid got in the shower, taking quite a long time detangling her hair; in the end she just sat on the shower floor and worked globs of conditioning into her hair. It made little difference but it was a start; Sadie could help her brush it out in the morning. Astrid eventually emerged from the bathroom, freshly showered with her wet hair tied up in a bun. Exhausted from the effort.

Happy tears streamed down Norah face as she stood there with him, still trying process what just happened. She drew back and looked down at the ring; it was beautifully simple and obviously meant so much to Elijah, "I don't need diamonds, this is perfect Eli," Norah told him.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 05:10:24 PM by kristina-la »

"It will never be enough! I only want to hear JaJa Ding Dong!"

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #3406 on: February 15, 2020, 05:15:11 PM »

“I’m glad,” he said, reaching up and touching her cheek lightly. “I’m really, really glad.”

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

« Reply #3407 on: February 15, 2020, 05:23:50 PM »

A week ago, the word marriage would have never crossed her mind; it had seemed impossible that she and Elijah could ever be together in any capacity. "I love you so so much, I can't wait to marry you," she said, gazing up at him happily.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #3408 on: February 15, 2020, 11:31:36 PM »

“Me too,” he said, kissing her softly once more. It’d probably be some time before they were in a solid enough situation to actually be married, but at least the promise was there now.

Higher, further, faster

Emma-la

« Reply #3409 on: February 16, 2020, 12:45:20 AM »

Sadie got Astrid set up in Norah’s old room and went back to the couch. She played some games on her phone, doing her best to stay awake.

[ff?]
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

kristina-la

« Reply #3410 on: February 16, 2020, 02:01:33 AM »

(Yup. Let’s catch up to Norah and Elijah for now? It’s probably been a couple days - a week?)

Astrid feared sleeping for a number of reasons. One, she couldn’t be certain that she would wake up again. What if she closed her eyes and fell back into a coma? Two, she struggled to get to sleep with having frank beside her or at her feet. He’d always been right there, comforting her when her mind just wouldn’t shut off. Three, her sleep was accompanied with terrible nightmares of men and women in lab coats doing unspeakable things to her body. The dreams seemed so real, she often woke screaming and drenched in sweat.

Jaime groaned as was again woken by Astrid’s screams in the other room, a reoccurring thEme since they’d taken her in days ago. At least this time it was morning rather than the middle of the night.

“This feels like a dream,” Norah murmured, with her lips still against his. She put her hand on his chest and drew back, staring at the ring again. She knew it wasn’t feasible to actually get married yet but the promise of it filled her with hope. How that they would have a normal life, together. Yet, there was a thought in her head that something wasn’t right; maybe it was the nausea making a reappearance. She kept her smile up and met his eyes, “what else did you have planned?” She asked

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #3411 on: February 16, 2020, 03:27:29 AM »

“I honestly didn’t know if I’d get this far,” he admitted with a soft laugh. “Why don’t we keep exploring for a bit and then we can go home?” Elijah took her hand in his and squeezed it once.

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

« Reply #3412 on: February 16, 2020, 03:54:38 AM »

“That sounds perfect,” she agreed, then started to walk with him along the water. She couldn’t help but glance down at her hand every once in a while, the sight of the ring on her finger overwhelming her with many emotions.

Emma-la

« Reply #3413 on: February 16, 2020, 05:19:14 AM »

Sadie woke up on the couch with a start. She hadn’t wanted to be too forward with Jaime, so she’d cone up with a reason for her to keep watch on the couch every night. She had hardly slept as it was between her anxiety about the situation and Astrid’s screaming. She groaned and stumbled into Astrid’s room. “Hey,” she said, shaking the girl gently.

kristina-la

« Reply #3414 on: February 16, 2020, 05:36:46 AM »

Astrid's eyes shot open and she tried pushing Sadie away, not yet realizing who it was. "Let me go, let me go!" she cried out, thinking it was the lab coats holding her down, until her eyes focused on Sadie. She breathed in and out harshly and started to relax, but there was still fear in her eyes.

Jaime had not been pleased with Sadie that first night, when she neglected to wake him up so that she could get some rest, and he was especially unhappy with her stubbornly staying on the couch. He could easily tell she was getting very little sleep, and it wasn't just Astrid waking them up every night. He got out of bed and wandered into the kitchen to get a pot of coffee going, letting Sadie deal with Astrid's nightmare.

It had been a week since he'd escaped his father, and surprisingly, the man had not run to the media to cry about his son being kidnapped; he'd been entirely silent on Jaime's escape. Jaime on the other hand, had ramped up his efforts to expose his father to the other wolves and was gaining more and more allies.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 05:53:26 AM by kristina-la »

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #3415 on: February 16, 2020, 08:04:59 AM »

Elijah laced his fingers with hers and then kissed the knuckle of her ring finger before he focused on walking. “I guess a wedding isn’t exactly practical in our situation, but I just wanted something to make everything more...tangible, you know?”

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

« Reply #3416 on: February 16, 2020, 08:19:10 AM »

Norah chuckled, "No, it's definitely not and I mean I don't really need or want a big fancy wedding anyway," Norah said, "all I know, is I want to spend the rest of my life with you and I hope that will be for many years to come," she added.

Emma-la

« Reply #3417 on: February 16, 2020, 09:59:37 AM »

Sadie stepped back to avoid Astrid’s hits. “It’s okay,” she tried to reason. “It’s just me, Sadie, okay?” She pinched the bridge of her nose, feeling a headache coming on already.

kristina-la

« Reply #3418 on: February 16, 2020, 10:26:18 AM »

Astrid groaned and lay there for a few moments, just staring at the ceiling, "I'm sorry Sadie," she finally said, feeling like she was burdening Sadie.

Emma-la

« Reply #3419 on: February 16, 2020, 10:57:23 AM »

“It’s not your fault,” she said, immediately feeling guilty. “Do you need some water or something?”
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 857