Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 574

Author Topic: Gods and Monsters  (Read 73266 times)

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
Re: Gods and Monsters
« Reply #8505 on: May 24, 2020, 01:29:38 PM »

Astrid nodded, "neither do I," she agreed, "especially knowing that mr. Peters likely has eyes on this place if he was able to get that picture of Norah," Astrid noted. "what should we do?" Astrid wondered

Jasper and Jaime just glared at each other until Elijah woke; Jasper turned back around, "Elijah?" he said, worried and unsure how to help.

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #8506 on: May 24, 2020, 01:32:37 PM »

“M’fine,” he mumbled, not looking up at Jasper. His head was pounding, and he could remember anything from the last half hour or so — which meant his chip had probably been activated, and he really didn’t want to know what he’d done in that time.

Higher, further, faster

Emma-la

« Reply #8507 on: May 24, 2020, 01:32:50 PM »

Sadie began to pace, looking around anxiously. It felt far to dangerous being here, and even more dangerous knowing both Norah and Elijah had chips controlled by Mr. Peters. “I don’t know,” she admitted after a while. “Sneak up there?” Part of her just wanted to run away.
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

kristina-la

« Reply #8508 on: May 24, 2020, 01:39:03 PM »

"I guess we could," Astrid said, "or we could just wait," Astrid said with a shrug, none to keen to go up there.

"You don't look fine," Jaime chimed in; Jasper just turned around momentarily and glared at him. He waited until the doctor was done with Norah and had left the room before speaking, "Your chip was activated," Jasper said carefully and glanced over at Norah, who was staring at Elijah with tears in her eyes, "You...installed the chip," Jasper told him.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #8509 on: May 24, 2020, 01:57:59 PM »

“Oh,” Elijah said softly, finally lifting his head. He looked past Jasper at Norah’s bed and nearly shot up out of the seat when he saw her looking at him. “Norah,” he breathed out, completely ignoring Jasper now to go to her side.

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

« Reply #8510 on: May 24, 2020, 02:06:14 PM »

Jasper sighed and stood up, watching the pair for a moment before walking over to Jaime, "I imagine the girls are with you too?" he asked, pursing his lips when Jaime nodded. Jasper wasn't really that upset with Jaime for following them; he was just worried about Astrid being there. If Elijah's chip could be activated, he feared hers could be as well.

As Elijah reached the bed, Norah's lip trembled and she reached out her hand to take his. "hey," she said softly, a tear rolling down her cheek.

Emma-la

« Reply #8511 on: May 24, 2020, 02:07:35 PM »

Sadie huffed. “I don’t like waiting,” she complained. “I don’t know how you’re so calm with all of this.”
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #8512 on: May 24, 2020, 02:12:03 PM »

“Hi,” he said, taking her hand in both of his as he knelt down by her bedside. He bit down on his lower lip, forcing himself not to cry. “I...Norah, I am so sorry,” he said, pressing her hand against his lips.

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

« Reply #8513 on: May 24, 2020, 02:19:03 PM »

Astrid glanced over at Sadie, "I'm not calm," she admitted, "I'm a scared actually. Scared that...that my chip could be activated at any moment," astrid said, biting her lip. What if she hurt Sadie again? "If...If that ever happens, can you do something for me?" she asked

Norah shook her head, not wanting him to feel guilty for what happened to her and to Sophie; he'd tried to protect her. "No," she told him, "Don't do that."

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #8514 on: May 24, 2020, 02:25:50 PM »

“It’s my fault,” he said, his voice shaking.

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

« Reply #8515 on: May 24, 2020, 02:35:25 PM »

Norah shut her eyes tight for a moment, struggling with the absence of Sophie; she didn't quite know how she was going to cope without her Daemon. "Please," Norah begged him, not up to dealing with Elijah blaming himself for everything that happened. The only thing she blamed him for in that moment was the chip, which he'd known she didn't want. "Can we....talk about this later?" she asked him.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #8516 on: May 24, 2020, 02:44:46 PM »

He lifted his eyes to hers and nodded. Elijah kissed her knuckles again and then stood up, letting go of her hand. “I’m gonna go see when we can discharge you,” he said, turning to go out the door past the other two.

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

« Reply #8517 on: May 24, 2020, 02:50:58 PM »

Norah watched Elijah go then distracted herself from thoughts of Sophie by running her hand over her stomach, relieved that the baby was still alive.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #8518 on: May 24, 2020, 03:04:20 PM »

Elijah spoke with Norah’s nurse in the hall, then returned to her room looking rather annoyed. “They won’t release you for another day.”

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

« Reply #8519 on: May 24, 2020, 03:14:26 PM »

Norah hadn’t really expected them to release her immediately anyway, and she was weary of returning to their apartment where it happened. “That’s...fine,” Norah said. “Do you know how the baby is doing?” She asked him

Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 574