Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 934 935 [936] 937 938 ... 1025

Author Topic: Gods and Monsters  (Read 191852 times)

|ĸιrα|

Re: Gods and Monsters
« Reply #14025 on: December 04, 2020, 12:24:13 PM »

Elijah glanced over at Norah, the weight of the awkwardness pressing in on them. He finally just wordlessly exited the car and went around to get Maia and grab their bags.

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

• Be kind, be calm, be safe.
« Reply #14026 on: December 04, 2020, 12:27:47 PM »

Norah grabbed her own bag from the back without saying a word and made her way to the front door. She wanted to disappear inside but he had the keys, so she waited there at the door.

"It will never be enough! I only want to hear JaJa Ding Dong!"

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #14027 on: December 04, 2020, 12:36:05 PM »

Elijah hesitated before he walked up and unlocked the door. He wordlessly went in and blew past Jaime to go upstairs to the bedroom and grabbed a few more of his things. He doubted he?d be welcome to stay there that night, and he honestly didn?t really want to. He needed to go check in and talk to Ethan.

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

« Reply #14028 on: December 04, 2020, 12:48:13 PM »

Norah dumped her back on the floor and stood there, watching Elijah disappear up the stairs. "You're back? did something happen?" she heard Jaime asked, who sounded worried. Norah took a deep breath and dared to looked at Jaime, trying to bury all the emotions bubbling up, "Yeah..." she just said, lip trembling.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #14029 on: December 04, 2020, 02:08:19 PM »

Elijah sat on the bed and ran his hand down his face, trying to figure out how to navigate the situation downstairs. Everything was such a mess. And he didn?t want to leave Daniella, but he really didn?t want to be around Norah at that moment.

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

« Reply #14030 on: December 04, 2020, 02:32:20 PM »

Jaime exchanged a worried glance with Sadie before getting off the couch, Daniella cradled in his arms. Norah was obviously trying to hold everything in but there were already cracks forming and Jaime knew she was really hurting. "hey, it's okay. You don't have to tell us anything," Jaime said carefully.

Norah pressed her lips together and just sat down against the wall, the tears just flowing uncontrollably. Norah didn't know what Elijah was doing upstairs but she imagined her was packing his things; part of her hoped he was. She couldn't be around him, not after all the things said.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #14031 on: December 04, 2020, 02:41:24 PM »

Elijah finally got up from the bed and finished grabbing his things. He looked at Maia and his heart sank when she saw her expression, but he just quickly turned away and headed back downstairs. He skirted past the living room and went toward the front door.

Higher, further, faster

Emma-la

« Reply #14032 on: December 04, 2020, 02:42:32 PM »

Sadie stood as well and went to her friend, pulling her into a side hug to try and comfort her. "Hey hey hey," she tried to console, looking at Jaime with panic. What had happened that had upset Norah so much and sent Elijah flying past them?
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

kristina-la

« Reply #14033 on: December 04, 2020, 02:54:15 PM »

Norah pressed her forehead into Sadie's shoulder as Elijah rushed by, crying silently as her friend held her. ELijah was leaving; it felt like the end. Norah couldn't see a way for them to salvage their marriage, because she wasn't so sure she wanted to.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #14034 on: December 04, 2020, 03:47:03 PM »

Elijah stepped out the front door and faltered, unsure if this was the right choice or not. When would he talk to Norah again? He quickly shook his head and walked off to the car, getting back in. As he pulled out of the driveway he called Lilah and asked if he could come stay with her - to which she readily accepted.

Higher, further, faster

Emma-la

« Reply #14035 on: December 04, 2020, 03:53:11 PM »

Sadie looked back, catching Elijah leaving in a rush. What the hell happened? she mouthed at Jaime as she rubbed Norah?s back, gently leading her to the couch to sit.
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

kristina-la

« Reply #14036 on: December 04, 2020, 04:06:29 PM »

My goodness Elijah, that?s just going to make things worse!!)

Jaime just shook his head and followed, sitting down in an armchair. Obviously they?d had a fight but Jaime sense there was more to it. Norah lifted her head once she heard the car drive away. She sighed  and wiped at her face in an attempt to pull herself together, ?we were having such a good time,? Norah finally said, then Shook her head, ?then he got a call. There was an attack and Ethan was badly hurt,? Norah explained, ?we had a really big fight and I...I don?t think we can come back from that now,? Norah said, burying her face into her hands. Norah did not want this life; it didn?t make her happy, it just made her feel isolated and afraid, all the time. She had reached a point where she just couldn?t continue.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 02:29:58 AM by kristina-la »

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #14037 on: December 04, 2020, 04:10:11 PM »

( >:) yes it will)

Higher, further, faster

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #14038 on: December 05, 2020, 01:48:41 PM »

(Okay so are we skipping?)

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

« Reply #14039 on: December 05, 2020, 01:52:19 PM »

yes, yes we are skipping. I'm can't find a way in my mind to start us off though. Today was just, bad. today was bad. So now i'm drinking wine :P)

Pages: 1 ... 934 935 [936] 937 938 ... 1025