Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 1015 1016 [1017] 1018 1019 ... 1056

Author Topic: Gods and Monsters  (Read 216111 times)

kristina-la

• Be kind, be calm, be safe.
Re: Gods and Monsters
« Reply #15240 on: January 17, 2021, 04:38:45 PM »

Jaime managed to get up and rode a wave for a few seconds before catching the instructor with his hands on Sadie from the corner of his eyes. He lost his balance and tumbled into the water after losing his focus; when he resurfaced, Jaime pushed his wet hair off his face with a grumpy expression.

Norah met his eyes and then looked him over, smiling at how handsome he looked. She nodded and grabbed her purse, "I'm ready," she said, coming towards him, putting her hand on his arm, "You look nice," she said
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 05:27:30 PM by kristina-la »

"It will never be enough! I only want to hear JaJa Ding Dong!"

Emma-la

« Reply #15241 on: January 17, 2021, 04:42:51 PM »

The way he touched her made Sadie a little uncomfortable, wondering if he was trying to flirt but she brushed it off. Surely it was obvious she was here with Jaime, and he?d let go of her when they heard Jaime fall off his board. She must be overthinking it. ?Good one!? She called out to Jaime enthusiastically. She managed to stand fully on her board but moments later she tumbled into the water, losing her balance.
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

kristina-la

« Reply #15242 on: January 17, 2021, 04:55:33 PM »

Jaime climbed back onto his board, trying to smile and not look salty. "This is harder than it looks," Jaime called over to her

Emma-la

« Reply #15243 on: January 17, 2021, 05:00:50 PM »

Sadie simply laughed and started to paddle out a little further to try riding a wave. She managed the first small one, but fell almost immediately. Once her head emerged from the water, she let out a whoop of joy, her adrenaline pumping. Jeremiah was at her side surprisingly fast, like he?d been watching every movement. ?You?re getting there, but your stance is all wrong,? he explained, helping her to stand again and standing on his own as he maneuvered her body. A couple times his hand got a little too close to her chest or too high up her thigh, but she bit her tongue. He couldn?t actually be trying something.

kristina-la

« Reply #15244 on: January 17, 2021, 05:31:29 PM »

Jaime grit his jaw, having had just about enough of the handsy surfer, but he didn?t want to be that jealous guy. He paddled over to them and glared at the guy before smiling at Sadie, ?getting the hang of it?? He asked her

Emma-la

« Reply #15245 on: January 17, 2021, 05:34:24 PM »

The instructor seemed completely unfazed by Jaime?s hostility. ?I think so,? she said, sitting back down on the board with her legs dangling in the water. ?We were just going over the proper stance. She looked between the boys. ?Maybe you should double check Jaime?s stance?? She suggested.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #15246 on: January 17, 2021, 06:29:27 PM »

Elijah kissed her temple as they walked out. ?You look stunning,? he told her as they reached the car. He opened the door for her to get in before he went to the drivers side.

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

« Reply #15247 on: January 18, 2021, 03:10:27 AM »

Norah smiled to herself as she got in, enjoying the normalcy of just being on a date with him. ?I think this is our first date,? Norah said, looking over at him once he?d gotten in

?I?m fine,? Jaime said stubbornly. He didn?t need that guys help.

Emma-la

« Reply #15248 on: January 18, 2021, 03:18:56 AM »

?Yeah, he looks fine,? Jeremiah agreed awkwardly, not having any interest in that. Sadie rolled her eyes. ?You?re impossible. Come on, don?t you want to learn to surf?? She sat back on her board, noting the way neither man wanted anything to do with the other. Maybe she hadn?t been imagining things. ?I mean, Jeremiahs a very hands on teacher,? She said, trying to play dumb.

kristina-la

« Reply #15249 on: January 18, 2021, 04:13:21 AM »

Jaime stared back at Sadie, raising his brow; surely she had noticed the instructor's hands all over her. Was she really that blind or had she been enjoying it. "I'm doing just fine," Jaime said, just as a wave caught him by surprise and knocked him into the water.

Emma-la

« Reply #15250 on: January 18, 2021, 04:19:32 AM »

Sadie snickered and waited for him to resurface. "Come on, I'd love to see him use those techniques to help you." She tried not to grin too much. She hoped Jaime could see where she was going with it, though from the look on his face he didn't. Jeremiah also looked deeply uncomfortable, so at least that was working.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #15251 on: January 18, 2021, 04:45:15 AM »

?Yeah...I think you?re right,? Elijah agreed as he started the car. ?Sorry it?s taken us this long,? he told her.

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

« Reply #15252 on: January 18, 2021, 04:51:59 AM »

(lol Sadie)

Jaime narrowed his eyes at Sadie, sensing that she was messing with him but not sure what she wanted him to do. His eyes flickered back to Jeremiah as he climbed back onto his board, "Surely he'd rather help one of the other ladies in our group," Jaime said, nodding to an older woman who was struggling to even stand up.

"We never really had a chance to have a normal date I guess," Norah said as she reached over and took his free hand, "We jumped into the whole marriage and baby thing," Norah said, shrugging.

Emma-la

« Reply #15253 on: January 18, 2021, 05:11:58 AM »

Jeremiah glanced over, a look of distaste on his face. "Yeah, you know her hips do look out of alignment," Sadie commented. "Isn't that what you said to me?" she asked, raising her eyebrows. His cheeks coloured. "C'mon," he said. "We're so close to getting you surfing like a pro. I can help the others in a bit."

kristina-la

« Reply #15254 on: January 18, 2021, 05:16:38 AM »

"I think you've helped enough," Jaime said with a pleasant enough smile but there was a warning in his tone.

Pages: 1 ... 1015 1016 [1017] 1018 1019 ... 1056