Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 1052 1053 [1054] 1055 1056 ... 1106

Author Topic: Gods and Monsters  (Read 235462 times)

Emma-la

Re: Gods and Monsters
« Reply #15795 on: March 03, 2021, 12:35:28 PM »

Sadie stiffened, her back to Lilah and Malcolm as she knelt at Jaime's feet. She hesitated at his request, knowing she would be doing him no good to stay and be caught. But how could she leave him again and live with the idea that he might die? She turned, the sight of Malcolm making her feel weak, but held up the knife in her hand anyways. "Don't take another step," she threatened. It was too late to escape, but she may as well fight it.
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #15796 on: March 03, 2021, 02:26:13 PM »

Lilah?s Wolverine circled around her legs, baring it?s teeth at the other two daemons. Lilah reached down and touched its tail, unbothered by the threats. She eyed Sadie, and then just started laughing. ?This is so cute! You?re here to rescue your husband, who by the way wouldn?t be in this mess if it weren?t for you, and you brought a knife? I see who the brains are here,? she taunted as he pulled her gun out. Her laughter ceased as she cocked it back and tilted her head. ?I?d suggest you drop the knife and step away.?

Rob left immediately after hanging up with Norah and drive toward Jasper?s apartment, wondering what was bringing all this about. He pulled in and headed up, knocking on the door.

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

• Be kind, be calm, be safe.
« Reply #15797 on: March 03, 2021, 02:31:02 PM »

Jaime looked up at Sadie, terrified of what may happen to her. He turned his gaze then to Lilah, trying to decide how they'd fair if Nova and Lexa tried to take her down before she could get a shot in. No, they couldn't risk that. "Sadie...just...just listen, please," Jaime asked her.

Norah had managed to get Daniella down for a nap, which was not an easy task, but her daughter was asleep by the time Rob knocked on the door. She opened the door and let him inside, "Do you have a new AI?" she asked, looking at him with big and hopeful eyes.

"It will never be enough! I only want to hear JaJa Ding Dong!"

Emma-la

« Reply #15798 on: March 03, 2021, 02:36:36 PM »

Sadie breathed deeply to calm herself, her eyes never leaving the gun. She was left with no choice, so slowly she began to lower the knife and then tossed it on the ground in front of her. Lilah was a bitch, but she was right - this was all Sadie's fault. "I'm not letting you touch my husband. Do what you have to with me, but leave him be."

kristina-la

« Reply #15799 on: March 04, 2021, 07:45:54 AM »

Jasper reluctantly stepped away from Elijah, though he left his own knife on the ground in a place that ELijah could potentially reach it. He'd managed to cut away the ropes around ELijah's hands but that wouldn't really help when Lilah had a gun. Jasper had brought a gun too but wasn't sure he'd get it out before she could shoot.

Jaime looked up at Sadie, shaking his head. He trusted her abilities in most cases but this was different. Lilah was going to kill him regardless and he was not going to sit there and watch Sadie die before him, "No," he said firmly and looked to Lilah, "I'll hand over the Wolves. Whatever you want," Jaime said, "You let her go," Jaime said

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #15800 on: March 04, 2021, 10:22:58 AM »

?Jaime?s right, Sadie. Don?t try to be a hero, I have no interest in you here,? Lilah said, fixing her eyes on Jaime and smirking.

?I?m gonna see what I can do,? Rob said to Norah as he stepped into the apartment. ?What?s going on that you need this?? He asked.

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

« Reply #15801 on: March 04, 2021, 12:09:56 PM »

I hate but also love Lilah, tbh)

Jaime looked away from Lilah, gritting his teeth in anger. He'd been forced into a corner, all because Sadie and Jasper had come without backup for whatever reason. If she had just stayed away, maybe he and Elijah could have figured something out.

Norah face fell, just assuming he didn't have a new AI for her. Still, it sounded like he was going to try and help her. She sighed and went to sit down, "Lilah has Elijah, and Jaime," Norah explained after a moment, uncertain where Rob stood in regards to Lilah, "and she used me to get to them," Norah said, clenching her fists in anger. ?And right now there?s nothing I can do for him because she can just hijack my mind,? Norah tried to explain.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 04:24:30 PM by kristina-la »

Emma-la

« Reply #15802 on: March 04, 2021, 12:20:59 PM »

?I?m not just going to walk away while you have my husband. He says he?ll do what you say, so let him go,? Sadie said through gritted teeth. She hated Lilah to her core, all she wanted to do was punch her again.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #15803 on: March 05, 2021, 12:11:34 PM »

(Same same lol)

?Sorry, that won?t be good enough,? Lilah said, looking bored. ?Malcolm,? she looked over at him and nodded toward Sadie and Jasper. ?Get them restrained.?

Rob studied her for a moment, then gestured to the couch. ?Go lay down, I think I have an idea,? he said.

Higher, further, faster

kristina-la

« Reply #15804 on: March 05, 2021, 12:28:23 PM »

Norah managed to smile at Rob, just relieved that he had an idea of how to help though she was trying not to get her hopes up. She lay down on the couch and moved her hair out of the way so he could access the back of her neck.

Malcolm hesitated a moment,  unhappy with being ordered around, but he knew better than to protest. He went to Jasper first and got him restrained after just a little bit of difficulty; the boy was smart enough not to fight when a gun was involved. As for the boy's Daemon, Malcolm shot her with a tranquilizer. Then, he grinned at Sadie and grabbed her roughly by the arm, "Don't fight, you'll only make things worse," he warned her under his breath. Nova growled at Malcolm, trying to stop him, but Malcolm shot her as well.

Emma-la

« Reply #15805 on: March 05, 2021, 12:36:56 PM »

Fear shot through Sadie at Malcolm's touch, unable to help her panicked response. She tried to hide it from him, but turned to Jaime all the same, her eyes wide. Refusing to move from her spot, she mouthed the words I'm so sorry, realizing this would only serve to make things worse for him. Defeated, she stopped resisting and let Malcolm tug her away.

kristina-la

« Reply #15806 on: March 05, 2021, 01:03:15 PM »

Jaime felt tears threatening to well up, knowing the fear Sadie was feeling. Malcolm was one of her worst nightmares and Jaime couldn't do anything for her. He watched Malcolm put Sadie next to Jasper, restraining her arms and legs; it was all his worst nightmare. The only thing that could make it worst would be if Lilah set the whole warehouse aflame. He paled considerably, just thinking about that possibility.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #15807 on: March 06, 2021, 05:18:11 AM »

Lilah watched with a self-satisfied smile and then turned to the two boys. ?Guess I ought to take these two for some fun now, huh?? She studied Jaime and Elijah carefully. Jaime would be a bit more of a problem now given that his daemon was around, but Elijah was still weak without Maia. She could probably use that to her advantage.

Rob set his bag down and pulled a chair up beside the couch. He put some numbing cream on Norah?s neck to hopefully help, then set to work. ?I?m going to try reprogramming your chip instead of replacing it,? he explained to her.

Higher, further, faster

Emma-la

« Reply #15808 on: March 06, 2021, 05:38:44 AM »

The manhandling had caused the pain in her stomach to flare up again, but Sadie did her best not to let it be too obvious. As far as she knew, Lilah had no idea she was already injured and she didn't want to give her anything to exploit. Still, she could help but grimace at what lay ahead for her and Jasper. She hadn't felt so afraid in a long time, this was possibly her worst nightmare coming true.

kristina-la

« Reply #15809 on: March 06, 2021, 07:11:58 AM »

Jaime shot Lilah a murderous glare. They were really f**ked. He looked over his shoulder at Elijah, hoping the guy had some kind of plan formed. "Do your worst," Jaime spat at Lilah, refusing to give her any satisfaction. He'd been through this before, enduring endless torture for months; he could withstand whatever she could dish out.

?Okay...? Norah said and swallowed nervously. She wasn?t worried about the pain; she?d given birth to a human afterall. She worried about Rob reprogramming the AI; could she trust him? She glanced over at astrid, not comforted by the other girl?s obvious disapproval. ?Just...do whatever you can,? Norah said, grimacing a little when he started cutting into her neck.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 04:03:36 AM by kristina-la »

Pages: 1 ... 1052 1053 [1054] 1055 1056 ... 1106