Scott Westerfeld Forum

Author Topic: Summary of Behemoth  (Read 7385 times)

PerfectlyxImperfect

• Were all grieving/Lost and bleedng
Summary of Behemoth
« on: July 20, 2010, 12:30:49 PM »

*This is the summary of Behemoth off Amazon. If you don't want to know anything about what's going to be in the book, don't read this xD"

Product Description
The behemoth is the fiercest creature in the British navy. It can swallow enemy battleships with one bite. The Darwinists will need it, now that they are at war with the Clanker powers.
Deryn is a girl posing as a boy in the British Air Service, and Alek is the heir to an empire posing as a commoner. Finally together aboard the airship Leviathan, they hope to bring the war to a halt. But when disaster strikes the Leviathan's peacekeeping mission, they find themselves alone and hunted in enemy territory.

Alek and Deryn will need great skill, new allies, and brave hearts to face what's ahead.

Now I really cannot wait for Behemoth to come out! I'm guessing the behemoth is what's in the eggs..?
It sounds like there might be some romance between Alek and Deryn [yay! xD] and possibly some deaths..
I wonder who these new allies will be..
And it sounds like Alek & Deryn will be captured.. that sounds exciting!

While I am forced to wait the eternity until October 5th, I'm going to re-read my copy of Leviathan I got in the mail yesterday!
Any ideas for what might happen next based on this summary??
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 12:35:10 PM by PerfectlyxImperfect »
Just a little girl in a shrinking world... Looking for a place to run and hide

JimmyLost

• Beware what may enter there.
Re: Summary of Behemoth
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 01:11:29 PM »

oooOOOoooOO, let the countdown begin. and it comes out the day after my B-day...I know what I'm asking for  ;)

waxesnostalgic

• Crazed Leviathan Fangirl
    • Leviathan Wiki
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 11:25:22 PM »

My favorite part is that they are "finally together" and "alone."  ;D

The summary made me so excited when I read it last night. I do wonder if it means they'll be captured together or just go on the run together. Either way, it's good to me.  :) Also, does Alek being "disguised as a commoner" mean that he'll be perfecting his commoner disguise?

New allies = new characters yay! Though I hope none of them steal the show too much... And how alone is "alone" I wonder if it'll be just them or some other people too.

I don't know if the Behemoth is what's in the eggs, as it sounds from the summary like it's fully grown already. Just saying...

Unfortunately my birthday is about 1 month before it comes out. :(
"I may not understand Goliath," he said simply. "But I understand Darwinist fabrications even less."
"Keep it that way," Volger said. "You're the heir to the Austrian throne, not some zookeeper." -Goliath

Leviathan Wiki

Hello_Sailor

• Everyone is fond of owls.
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 12:46:24 AM »

I hope the new allies are interesting. Knowing Scott-la, they'll be great, though. But if any of them hurts Alek or Deryn...grrrrrrr.
I don't think the Behemoth is in the eggs, either. It would consume too much time in the novel if they had to wait for it to grow, outfit it with equipment, etc.

I feel like such a fangirl now, but I can't wait!!!!!
"Time spent laughing is time spent with the gods"
-Japanese Proverb

waxesnostalgic

• Leviathan Wiki
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 01:09:18 AM »

Yeah, I think Goliath is a better bet for what's inside of the eggs, though maybe the egg creatures might not even make the title of a book...

And I have been feeling like an insane fangirl for too long now to feel silly about it anymore. Though I sometimes wonder, is it wierd for me to spend so much of my time wondering if two fifteen year olds will end up together, when I'm 21? XD
"I may not understand Goliath," he said simply. "But I understand Darwinist fabrications even less."
"Keep it that way," Volger said. "You're the heir to the Austrian throne, not some zookeeper." -Goliath

Leviathan Wiki

PerfectlyxImperfect

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 04:46:52 AM »

My favorite part is that they are "finally together" and "alone."  ;D

I don't know if the Behemoth is what's in the eggs, as it sounds from the summary like it's fully grown already. Just saying...

[that's my favorite part, too... haha!]

Good point, I hadn't thought about that. I'm-just-freakin'-dying-to-know-whats-inside xD

Okay, so, I have a question.. The day Behemoth comes out, will they put it in bookstores, or am I better off preordering it offline? I really don't wanna have to wait for it to get shipped to me :/

waxesnostalgic

• Leviathan Wiki
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 05:07:03 AM »

They should... Scott's a pretty big writer.

I'm going to my bookstore that morning. Hopefully I can finish it before class that night... The thing about ordering online is it's cheaper... but who cares if you'd have to wait.  ;D

Leviathan Wiki

PerfectlyxImperfect

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 05:30:25 AM »

They should... Scott's a pretty big writer.

I'm going to my bookstore that morning. Hopefully I can finish it before class that night... The thing about ordering online is it's cheaper... but who cares if you'd have to wait.  ;D
I don't care how much it is.. i'm buying it xD

waxesnostalgic

• Leviathan Wiki
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 06:08:03 AM »

Yeah, I think I would pay well over the typical price for a book that length. Because it'll be that awesome.  XD

Luckily, it isn't priced so that only hardliner fans like us will buy it.

Leviathan Wiki

Hello_Sailor

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 02:21:18 AM »

It's worth the cost, for the great story and the artwork.
-Japanese Proverb

waxesnostalgic

• Leviathan Wiki
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 05:03:37 AM »

Definitely.

Leviathan Wiki

monkeys_r_us

• The Westerforum's Resident Ghost
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 08:30:32 AM »

I found some more Behemoth artwork!

http://yfrog.com/7hqn6bj

Sorry if I'm off-topic...
Boo! I am the forum ghost!

Hello_Sailor

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 02:02:33 PM »

OoOoOoOoOoOh! i wonder if the walker on top is the Behemoth.
-Japanese Proverb

waxesnostalgic

• Leviathan Wiki
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 11:02:43 PM »

Aw... I can't see it on this computer.  :'( I'll try my sister's blackberry tonight.

Where did you find it anyway??

Oh, and we missed you. Glad you are back. :)

EDIT: Okay, my sister was nice and downloaded and e-mailed it to me (she's awesome). XD Anyway, that walker is AWESOME! It's got ARMS!  ;D I wonder if that's what Alek and Deryn will be "hunted" by??
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 11:24:26 PM by waxesnostalgic »

Leviathan Wiki

monkeys_r_us

• The Westerforum's Resident Ghost
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2010, 09:34:33 AM »

Aw... I can't see it on this computer.  :'( I'll try my sister's blackberry tonight.

Where did you find it anyway??

I clicked a link on Scott's Twitter which took me to some pictures so I started looking through them and that's how I found it.
Boo! I am the forum ghost!