Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 1108

Author Topic: The Last Airship Pirates RP  (Read 241264 times)

Eraisuithiel

The Last Airship Pirates RP
« on: July 25, 2010, 06:24:51 AM »

"With a crew of drunken pirates, we're the only airship pirates.  We're full of hot air and we're starting to rise; we're the terror of the skies and a danger to ourselves now." -Abney Park, 'Airship Pirate'

**Pirates: scourge of the seven seas. Sailing, plundering, adventure. Living aboard a majestic pirate ship on the freedom of the sea. However, in alternate steampunk reality, sea-fairing pirates are often replace with airship pirates: scourge of the skies!**

In this roleplay, you are an airship pirate, living aboard the majestic airship, The Helion. The Helion is the last pirate airship and it sails through the skies, plundering other goverment-run airships, mostly owned by aristocrats. You live a life of free-spirited adventure and constant danger. Just be sure not to get on the captain's bad side- you definately don't want to be walking the plank on this ship!

Name:
Looks:
Position on the ship: (**first mate, cook, etc.**)
History:
Other information:

Picture of THE HELION

Now, set sail!

NOTE, for the people who have just joined:
Here I will be putting up updates on what's going in the story so far. That way anyone can join at any time.

Our story so far... After a disastrous attack on the ship the H.M.S. Nova Solaris, Etharia, mad with grief, blames Lennox for the death of her best friend, Maya. She then attacks him, and becomes the ship’s prisoner. The crew wants her dead, but Lennox isn’t sure if that’s the right choice. So he merely kicks her off the ship, until a year later when she returns, disguised as a boy and working on a ship that the Helion is attacking. After much arguing she returns to the Helion, (much to the annoyance of Lennox’s best friend, Ermanno) and through a kiss expresses her true feelings for the captain. She then reveals that during her year away she was forced to marry, and is pregnant, and that her husband is looking for her, and will stop at nothing to bring her back home…
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 02:05:33 PM by Eraisuithiel »

Eraisuithiel

Re: The Last Airship Pirates Roleplay
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 06:31:05 AM »

Characters

Name: Lennox Voda
Looks: Tall (about 6'2") and thin. Long ash-blonde hair, grey eyes. Dresses how one would expect a victorian aristocrat to dress, with a few 'piratey' details.
Position on ship: Captain
History:  Lennox was born a pirate; the skies are the only thing he knows. When his father died, Lennox (being only fifteen at the time) took over his role as captain, making him the youngest airship captain in history.
Other information: He's stubborn, yet extremely loyal to his crew. While he often seems to only care about himself, his ship and treasure, he really doesn't.
Played by: Eraisuithiel
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Name: Ermanno Nicchi
Looks: An average height (5’10) Italian teenager, who has lived working on a ship his whole life, whether it be legal or illegal thus has accumulated a substantial tan on top of his already olive complexion. He has a head of curly dark hair that he can pull into a small pony-tail at the base of his neck. Ermanno has dark black eyes that are always sparkling with a hidden mirth as well as a kindness. He has full lips and eye brows, as well as fully defined muscles, due to constant physical labour. Ermanno has a rather roman nose which due to its size should take away from his features, but yet oddly it doesn’t. He has larger hands that he uses extensively when he talks.  
Position on the ship: First Mate
History: Born to a poor Italian family who had been sailors for centuries back, Ermanno was sent off at a young age to work his way on ships to send money back home. Somewhere along the way he met and befriended Lennox, probably by working on his father’s ship for a voyage.
Other information: A very quiet and pretty reserved fellow, unless there is a lady around that he doesn’t need a professional relationship with, when this happens he turns into quite the flirt, though he means nothing by it. Ermanno is Roman Catholic yet still a proficient fighter with both swords and guns. He is very persuasive as he even convinced his very stubborn widowed sister to let his send money home to her and her children his nephew (Nico) and nieces (Mimi and Tessa).
Played by: MelvinRoss
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Name: Etharia
Looks:  long midnight black hair, very feminine features, doesnt try to cover it up in the slightest. However she does wear mens clothes very often. Severe look on her face usually daring someone to joke about her constant injuries, but is actually very nice.
Position on the ship: (**first mate, cook, etc.**)  Midshipman

History: Joined the Airship Pirates a year ago when she graduated school. Although timid, she didn't like the way the system worked, especially with people thinking only men should be allowed to be in the navy or army. Decided to join up with Airship Pirates instead.

Other information: Very clumsy and so even though she is only a Midshipman, she has many cuts or brusises each day from various mishaps. Nice girl but very defensive and to demonstrate her hate for the men only rules with the government she uses her femininity always and makes sure no one says anything about it. Strong.
Played by: Kate-la<3
Name: Cicily
Looks: Tall, though about two inches shorter than Lennox, with light brown hair that she keeps in a ponytail. Very slender and acrobatic.
Position on the ship: Lookout/Main Deck
History: Was given up at an early age by her parents and was a beggar among other things until Lennox found her.
Other information: Always calm, but if there's something she believes in she's stubborn as a mule
Played by: Lin Lin-chan
Name: Maria
Looks: Her cornsilk blond hair is cropped very short, and she wears a navy blue bandana on her head. She wears a black vest over a crinkled white blouse and black pants. There is a dark blue knife sheath on her leather belt. There is a small bronze hoop piercing her right earlobe. Maria stands at 5'7 when she's not slouching. It is easy to mistake her as a man, and she encourages this.
Position on the ship: "Treasure Hunter" - Or in other terms, a thief, though she hates that term. Whenever they board a government ship, she's the one with sticky fingers and the lock-picks, quietly looting any worthwhile treasures with swift hands and running away with even swifter feet.

History: Maria always loved pursuing rare treasures and trinkets, even as a young girl. The affair child of a famous soprano of an opera house and an army general, she was always torn between what her two parents wished her to become- Her mother wanted her to delve into acting while her father encouraged her to dress and act in masculine ways and someday join the military. She wasn't drawn to either (Her father's influence showing more in the way she acted) and fled her home at the age of eighteen, stealing and dabbling in black market trading. Six years later, she joined with a crew of airship pirates out of interest and potential loot.

Other information: Maria's husky voice and masculine attire leads many people to assume she is a man. When aboard an enemy ship, she acts cautiously, and hates recklessness. She has tendencies of a kleptomaniac and has little qualms about stabbing or potentially murdering a person if she absolutely has to. Maria is horrible with things related to ship mechanics. Though no one beside her close family has heard her, she's quite an excellent singer, though she disregards this attribute as a useless talent.
Played by: Choco-la
Name: Rupert
Looks: Long gray hair and a scraggly beard, he stands at 5'5" (rather short) and is quite 'large' around the middle. He wears clothes that give off an impression of what the stereotypical pirate looks like: hats with feathers, brightly coloured jackets and an eyepatch. All in all, he looks like a mixture of a homeless man, Santa Claus and Captain Hook.
Position on the ship: Cook/Sometimes first-mate
History: Rupert was the first-mate on the Helion when Lennox's father was captain. When Lennox took over this role, he's the only one who stayed on the ship (the rest of the original crew left, feeling Lennox was an unfit captain). Now, he works mainly as the ship's cook but is occasionally a first-mate and advisor to Lennox.
Other information: He's the father figure of the ship. Always willing to give the crew members advice. He also says "whipper-snapper" a lot, and starts a lot of old stories and lessons with "Back in my day..."
Played by: Anyone *See 14th post*
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 08:34:28 AM by Eraisuithiel »

Lin Lin-chan

• .........boo!
    • Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 06:49:43 AM »

Me shalt join!
Name: Cicily
Looks: Tall, though about two inches shorter than Lennox, with light brown hair that she keeps in a ponytail. Very slender and acrobatic.
Position on the ship: Lookout/Main Deck
History: Was given up at an early age by her parents and was a beggar among other things until Lennox found her.
Other information: Always calm, but if there's something she believes in she's stubborn as a mule.
See me comin to town with my soul
Straight down out of the world with my fingers

In capitalist amerika, bank robs you!

tumblr, man. tumblr. marsianadventures.tumblr.com

~Westerforum's Resident Java Geek~

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 10:01:07 AM »

Just a few more people and we can start!

Lin Lin-chan

• .........boo!
    • Deviantart
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 11:49:36 AM »

YAY!

Eraisuithiel

Re: The Last Airship Pirates Roleplay (Leviathan-ish?)
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 10:49:55 AM »

So I'm guessing nobody wants to be an airship pirate...

.____.''

Lin Lin-chan

• .........boo!
    • Deviantart
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 06:38:49 AM »

I'll find someone to shout at. (lol jk about the shouting part)

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 10:25:40 AM »

Yelling is encouraged. Escpecially considering we still only have two people. D:
Guess nobody appreciates steampunk roleplays anymore...

Emma-la

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 02:55:30 AM »

is this a book?
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

Lin Lin-chan

• .........boo!
    • Deviantart
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 06:33:58 AM »

no, an RP.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 06:22:42 AM »

It's not based on a book or anything, either. It's a little Leviathan inspired, though.

Choco-la

• Bubbly flavored bogus
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2010, 02:39:54 AM »

Name: Maria
Looks: Her cornsilk blond hair is cropped very short, and she wears a navy blue bandana on her head. She wears a black vest over a crinkled white blouse and black pants. There is a dark blue knife sheath on her leather belt. There is a small bronze hoop piercing her right earlobe. Maria stands at 5'7 when she's not slouching. It is easy to mistake her as a man, and she encourages this.
Position on the ship: "Treasure Hunter" - Or in other terms, a thief, though she hates that term. Whenever they board a government ship, she's the one with sticky fingers and the lock-picks, quietly looting any worthwhile treasures with swift hands and running away with even swifter feet.

History: Maria always loved pursuing rare treasures and trinkets, even as a young girl. The affair child of a famous soprano of an opera house and an army general, she was always torn between what her two parents wished her to become- Her mother wanted her to delve into acting while her father encouraged her to dress and act in masculine ways and someday join the military. She wasn't drawn to either (Her father's influence showing more in the way she acted) and fled her home at the age of eighteen, stealing and dabbling in black market trading. Six years later, she joined with a crew of airship pirates out of interest and potential loot.

Other information: Maria's husky voice and masculine attire leads many people to assume she is a man. When aboard an enemy ship, she acts cautiously, and hates recklessness. She has tendencies of a kleptomaniac and has little qualms about stabbing or potentially murdering a person if she absolutely has to. Maria is horrible with things related to ship mechanics. Though no one beside her close family has heard her, she's quite an excellent singer, though she disregards this attribute as a useless talent.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 09:16:34 AM by Choco-la »
"One of the few good things about modern times: If you die horribly on television, you will not have died in vain. You will have entertained us." - Kurt Vonnegut, "Cold Turkey", In These Times, May 10, 2004

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2010, 05:50:57 AM »

Yay! Now we have three! But I want to get at least one more person before we start.
Which will be soon, hopefully.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2010, 06:09:23 AM »

Alright, so I've decided to include an OC-type character. Bascially anyone can play him, just keep it within reason (for example, if one person is talking to this character below deck, another person can't come along and have him suddenly on another ship during a battle. Have to share him, you know.)

Name: Rupert
Looks: Long gray hair and a scraggly beard, he stands at 5'5" (rather short) and is quite 'large' around the middle. He wears clothes that give off an impression of what the stereotypical pirate looks like: hats with feathers, brightly coloured jackets and an eyepatch. All in all, he looks like a mixture of a homeless man, Santa Claus and Captain Hook.
Position on the ship: Cook/Sometimes first-mate
History: Rupert was the first-mate on the Helion when Lennox's father was captain. When Lennox took over this role, he's the only one who stayed on the ship (the rest of the original crew left, feeling Lennox was an unfit captain). Now, he works mainly as the ship's cook but is occasionally a first-mate and advisor to Lennox.
Other information: He's the father figure of the ship. Always willing to give the crew members advice. He also says "whipper-snapper" a lot, and starts a lot of old stories and lessons with "Back in my day..."

Again, anyone can play him. Just make sure to keep his personality at "kind old man you'd never suspect of being an airship pirate". :3

Emma-la

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2010, 07:24:32 AM »

I wanna join! Just let me think for a bit and I'll figure it out!
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 1108