Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: A Place To Post Your Original Writing  (Read 16057 times)

Clankinist

• I merely chewed in self-defense
    • Yay!! Teh Clanks art!!:D
Re: A Place To Post Your Original Writing
« Reply #105 on: October 13, 2011, 09:22:34 AM »

XD That's what I thought.

Treya-Chan

• Dauntless at Heart
« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2011, 04:53:01 AM »

This is the Prologue to a new short story I'm working on... Okay so its not that short LOL!
Prologue
In the beginning there was seven Fallen. But as time went on they split up. Together they where unstoppable but apart they where broken. Anyone bowed down to them they rolled the human world. They where sent to earth to save the human kind from demons. The demons where planing on killing off the whole human race. The angels took mercy on human and sent then guardians.  There where four males and three females. You would think that the males where the strongest but your wrong the females bet the males in size and strength. But the guardians started to get cocky and fail at their jobs. The angels warned them twice that they needed to pay attention to the demons. But the guardians ignored them. When the demons attacked full force the guardians pleaded with the angels to help them but the angels did nothing. They had warned the guardians of what was to become of them.  When the battle was over the angels came down to see if any of the guardians survived the attack. They found all but two alive and almost beattin' to death. They ripped their wings out and banished them from heaven. They never found the last two guardians. They spent years searching for them. But the last two where never saw again. Some say that they died and their bodies carried away by demons. Some say they changed to look like humans and still live with us. Some claim that the angels found them and banished them to the underworld. Some say that the angels changed them to infants and took away their memories and made them restart their lives on earth. But nothing is confirmed. The guardians that where found got called Fallen. Because they fell from grace. Some say that they bred with humans and created a haft breed. Others say that they killed themselves because they thought it would get them into heaven.  Again nothing was confirmed. 
Westerforum Resident Multi-Genre Music Lover

tridecagirl

• It's never too late.
    • Pencil to Paper: The Daily Life of a Compulsive Writer
« Reply #107 on: October 20, 2011, 09:12:25 AM »

@ Piper - that was brilliant. I'm not as intense about my music, but I know the feeling of that one error... teetering on the edge and seeing the whole downhill slide from there, error after error, and trying as hard as you can to keep on going. Good job. YOu'd better gen an A.
Just close your eyes/ The sun is going down/ You'll be all right/ No one can hurt you now/ Come morning light/ You and I'll be safe... and... sound
***WESTERFORUM RESIDENT MOM/TREEHUGGER***

tridecagirl

• It's never too late.
« Reply #108 on: October 26, 2011, 08:31:27 AM »

I wanted to do something creepy. What does everyone think?

REMOVED FOR CONTEST SUBMISSION
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 01:46:39 PM by tridecagirl »
Just close your eyes/ The sun is going down/ You'll be all right/ No one can hurt you now/ Come morning light/ You and I'll be safe... and... sound

Clankinist

« Reply #109 on: October 27, 2011, 10:01:50 AM »

Ooooh! I just got them chills!! :D

tridecagirl

• It's never too late.
« Reply #110 on: October 27, 2011, 11:10:21 AM »

Yay! I freaked my brother out, but he's pretty easy to freak.

BagpipeHeadache

• Me and the master!
« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2011, 04:31:28 PM »

@ Piper - that was brilliant. I'm not as intense about my music, but I know the feeling of that one error... teetering on the edge and seeing the whole downhill slide from there, error after error, and trying as hard as you can to keep on going. Good job. YOu'd better gen an A.

Why thank you very much!  ^-^

And I did actually....a 100/100 to be exact....  XDD

And about three paragraphs of stellar review by my English instructor..  XD

Reenie-La

« Reply #112 on: December 23, 2011, 11:35:07 PM »

Do I swallow my pride,
And let my true thoughts hide?
Or do I hang onto being right,
but being alone day and night?

Just a little something  wrote...

Echo :)

« Reply #113 on: December 25, 2011, 04:22:57 AM »

Memories I've long forgot
Thinking about hopes and plots.
Plan your life, 
To be told no
Then you'll have to let it go.
Loss and pain
Suffering and lack of gain.
The days are filled with sorrow,
The nights then full of shame.
Will they say yes 
Will they agree?
Do they even remember me?
How long until I'll be set free?
I'm frantic in this cage.
Lost and confused and surely dazed.
“He looks," Simon had once said to Isabelle, "like he's thinking about something deep and meaningful, but if you ask him what it is, he'll punch you in the face.” ~CoFA

Reenie-La

« Reply #114 on: December 26, 2011, 12:28:00 AM »

Echo, that is awesome and 100% relatible!

Clankinist

« Reply #115 on: December 28, 2011, 06:40:39 PM »

I've got an essay! :D XD

....I actually think I got lazy and it makes no sense, but the teacher thinks I should enter it in a national competition thingy.

The Courage to Act

Courage: the attitude of facing and dealing with anything recognized as dangerous, difficult, or painful, instead of withdrawing from it.  Act: a thing done.  A deed.  Unfortunately, Webster’s New World Dictionary doesn’t have a definition for ‘The Courage to Act’, but if it did, it would probably read ‘Standing out in the face of adversity and tribulation and acting against it.  See also; Harriet Tubman, Martin Luther, Martin Luther King Jr., Rachel Joy Scott.  There would most likely be many other names in the list, but for now, those listed will suffice.  More importantly, the name Rachel Joy Scott, a young girl who aspired to be an actress but was shot to death April 20th, 1999 as she sat on the grass at Columbine High School.
   The victim of religious prejudice, Rachel was shot a total of four times; Once in the chest, arm, and leg before a bullet finally went into her head, making her one of the first victims.  Her murderers, two troubled boys who chose Hitler’s birthdate to march up the steps of Columbine High School and open fire.  Rachel, an active Christian, was eating lunch in the school field when the boys came up to her.  Her brother’s friend was also killed, just because of the color of his skin.  Eleven other people lost their lives before the boys turned the guns on themselves.
   It is always darkest before the dawn, and the storm must always come before the peace.  Seasons change and life goes on.  The impact of that day in 1999 has stuck in the minds of Americans, and memorable as the more recent September 11th.  However, one person shows up in Columbine that played a role in the darkest even in human history: Hitler.
   Born to a religious zealot of a mother who exaggerated cleanliness, a little known fact is that Hitler developed a sort of fetish for waste.  Namely feces.  Disgusted by this, he completed the circle by wanting to eliminate all unclean things.  He chose the Jews.  In 1941, (The same year the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor) his reign of terror came to it’s height.  This event is known as the Holocaust, and was the genocide, or the mass murder, of Jews. 
   Shot, starved, and burned, these people were treated worse than animals in concentration camps.  A few, those ‘lucky’ to have blonde hair and blue eyes, were kept aside for Hitler’s goal to create a perfected people.  Twins were experimented on.  The Jews were trampled like the dirt.  Some people saw the injustice of their treatment and did what they could to help them; soldier’s turned a blind eye so mothers could escape, farmer’s left extra food in places the prisoners could get it.  A nurse helped patients escape.  They had the courage to act.
   Rachel, like the Jews, found her religion mocked and her lives in the hands of an angry person.  Like many of the Jews, stared into the barrel of a gun.  Unlike the Jews, Rachel Joy Scott, age seventeen, had no hope of liberation.
   Events in history help shape the world around us.  What happens today will become the history of tomorrow.  It hurts, and nations cry out when bad things happen, but we have to live with the outcome and hope for a brighter future.  Mistakes we make-as a people or as individuals-can help us to learn.  The choice of action is in our hands.  The courage to act is a choice we make.  Either we stand by and let things happen without asserting ourselves, or we risk our necks to help an individual.
   We cannot have light without darkness, or darkness without the light, and yet we fear the dark.  And what we fear, we hate, which leads to conflict, and therefore battles, wars, and destruction.  If this is true, in the same way that we cannot have a future without the past, then what are the lives of millions of European Jews or the life of one American high school girl?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 06:45:46 PM by Clankinist »

Hope-la

« Reply #116 on: January 01, 2012, 08:31:05 AM »

That. Is. Amazing. XD
You should enter it! You'd definitely have a shot.
"Light, light, light up the sky
Light up the sky to show me You are with me
I, I, I can't deny
No I can't deny
That You are right here with me
You've opened my eyes
So I can see You all around me
Light, light, light up the sky"
~The Afters

tridecagirl

• It's never too late.
« Reply #117 on: January 03, 2012, 11:08:29 AM »

That's a good essay except for one thing -

Rachel wasn't killed because of her religion. The Columbine shooters Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, contrary to popular belief, didn't have a reason. Dylan did whatever Eric said, and Eric was a psychopath. His goal was to kill as many people as possible - he planted bombs that would have killed 600 people, if they'd worked. He wasn't actually targeting any specific group.

JLIGHTNING

« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2012, 06:02:48 AM »

O.O

Clankinist

« Reply #119 on: January 07, 2012, 06:03:50 AM »

Not really because of her religion, but they did target her for other reasons. I fixed that before I submitted it.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9