Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: A Place To Post Your Original Writing  (Read 18169 times)

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
Re: A Place To Post Your Original Writing
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2011, 02:42:59 PM »

Nobody

Nobody knows how many tears I cry;
How much time I pass, 
Watching life fly by
Nobody cares why I want to die
Because nobody understands why...

...Because they don't take a try
At trying to figure out why. 
Member since April 24th 2010.
----------------------------------
Author of "We All Come Home"
Short story; pub. March 2018
in Scarborough Fair Magazine
----------------------------------
www.youtube.com/maragrace

Echo :)

« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2011, 04:00:44 AM »

A story I'm working on... This is basically just the starting of the intro ...

Ziera sat outside the school office. This was the third time she had been here this week and it was only Thursday. She pushed her bangs back so that they only covered her left eye. Her long, wavy, blonde hair had a few sky blue streaks in it throughout. Currently a section of it was covering her mismatching green eye. Her left eye was a bright green while her right eye was a bright blue color and people always asked her about it.
   She sighed quietly as she scanned the waiting room to the counselor’s office. She grinned to herself seeing the other three kids who were here waiting. One girl was anxiously shifting in her chair uncomfortably, she was obviously here for a schedule change and not used to chatting with Mrs. Tucke. One of the two boys was slouching nervously in his chair, he was definitely here for a fight though he probably didn’t make it in here too often. She laughed silently seeing the last boy who was here. He was totally calm, sitting up straight in his chair, his face showing nothing about what he was thinking or why he was here. That was classic Max.
   Ziera had known Max for almost two years now. He had dark brown hair that came down just past the tops of his ears. His eyes were just like Ziera’s though different colors. His Left eye was bright blue and his right eye was dark brown that nearly appeared black sometimes. Max was quiet and hardly spoke around most people. Despite his apparent shyness he had a certain confidence about him, the way he sat up straight and walked. Max of course didn’t acknowledge Ziera, though they were sitting right across from each other. If they talked now Mrs. Tucke would suspect that they knew something about the fire that had happened last week.
   Of course, the two of them did know something about it. They actually knew exactly what had happened. Both Max and Ziera had been at the abandoned barn with the other three, it was where the five of them practiced. They had all tried to cover up what had happened, it wasn’t too hard when the source of the fire wasn’t anything the police would ever expect, but they had tried hard not to talk to each other at school to keep the hierarchy system normal or else other kids would suspect something was up.
   So here the two of them were about to be pelted with questions by the school counselor about something that they couldn’t tell anyone about. This was going to be another long day. Ziera wondered what she should say to avoid spilling the truth. She’d figure it out as she went. She flinched slightly as Max was called into Mrs. Tucke’s office. Just don’t let her catch on Max. She thought, though she figured he’d be way better at keeping their secret than she would.
  ~ 
   Max grinned inwardly as he heard Ziera’s thought. He sure wouldn’t be the one to spill the secret. He knew Ziera too well to think she’d have an easy time keeping it in. Though she might be able to mess with Tucke enough to get away without telling the pushy counselor directly. Max was annoyed at having to miss part of lunch to come talk to this lady who would just pester him until he said something to get her to shut up. Max stood up from the chair in the waiting area and walked silently towards the office.
   Max waited to sit until Mrs. Tucke gave him the okay. This sure wasn’t his first time in here, he knew the way she liked to run things. The husky lady was sitting in her chair looking down at her pile of paperwork, filling out some sort of form. After what seemed like a minute she finally looked up at Max and motioned toward the chair across from her own which was separated by the desk between them. He sat down in the chair. Max always found it humorous in the way that she thought she could make him nervous and ruin his confidence by making him wait. Of course, since he could read her mind her plan tended to back fire.
   Mrs. Tuck always thought she was so smart trying to freak him out and make him nervous. He always just stood up straighter and showed more confidence than normal when she tried this. He rather enjoyed seeing her mind trying to find new ways to mess with his confidence just to find that nothing seemed to work. In fact Max was curious as to why she even tried with him anymore. Every time he came in here, for the past two years, he had never uttered a word other than the occasional times he said goodbye before leaving unexpectedly.
   Max noticed her thoughts immediately and realized that her plan for today’s meeting was to have direct eye contact with him and see if he would look away. He wondered when she would ever realize that her plans never worked with him. Max looked up at her and returned her eye contact.
“He looks," Simon had once said to Isabelle, "like he's thinking about something deep and meaningful, but if you ask him what it is, he'll punch you in the face.” ~CoFA

hoverponies forever

• THEY ARE SO CUTE!!!
« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2011, 04:08:25 AM »

ANGELINE by HPF

Angeline doodles
In her carefully battered notebook
Pretending she has something
To write about
Besides the stick figures
Angeline doodles

Angeline skips
Down the hospital hallways
Quoting profound words
From thick books
She claims she's read
But Angeline skips

Angeline cries
Charcoal tears on her cheeks
Sobbing for the sake of
The pitied looks
She collects
When Angeline cries

Angeline wanders
Up and down stairwells
Pretending she don't care
Where she's going
Or why
Angeline wanders

Angeline craves
The worried glances
That accompany pretend psychosis
She basks in,
The sunlight
That Angeline craves
Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

Attitudes are contagious. Mine can kill you

Shadow

• ^previously Ms. Ashdown/Skye Redlin.
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2011, 06:30:52 AM »

THE WHOLE WORLD LIVES A LIE- Skye
The whole world lives
A pretty lie, without a trace of truth
The world wants a happy ending
And it’s too late

The world wants to play pretend
A game of charades that will never end
You know all the answers
But they don’t want to hear

The world wants light
But we’re lost in the darkness
‘Cause it’s the only way we know
Could you find a way to me, even if you tried?

The world leaves me shattered,
Because they do not want to know,
They cut me deep,
And you and me, we bleed the same,

The world doesn’t want to believe the truth,
Lock me up,
Throw away the key,
See if they can silence me.

The world doesn’t wanna believe
In you and me
We weren’t ever here
‘Cause the whole world lives a lie.

"You don't know what it's like
to be hurt, to feel lost, to be left out in the dark,
to be kicked, when you're down, feel like you've been pushed around, to be on the edge of breaking down and no one's there to save you, no you don't know what it's like....welcome to my life." -simple plan

« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2011, 08:02:57 AM »

Here I go
Down to the pit.
No one knows
Or seems to even care a bit.
I spiral, spiral
Quick and fast
No rescue attempts until the time is long past.
A dream was taken
Lost on the spot.
Did anyone hear my pleas?
Can anyone speak up for my burning thoughts?
A fire burns me
Deep within,
Scorching, frying and wearing me down thin,
So how can I manage my outward grin?
The pain it hurts
It cuts me deep
Like a knife to my heart,
Or months with no sleep.
So tell me now
Help me understand.
What made you bring my dream to an abrupt end?
“He looks," Simon had once said to Isabelle, "like he's thinking about something deep and meaningful, but if you ask him what it is, he'll punch you in the face.” ~CoFA

Vadmaus

« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2011, 06:45:06 PM »

In Literature Class we had an assignment to write your own Divine Comedy as a group, here's my part as Dante and Vigil desend into the last part of Treachery:

Excerpt from Inferno Maximus:

As we reached the center of the ring, I saw, in its center, a massive stone statue, its hand outreached towards the heavens above. Its name was Lucifer, and his face bore that of anger and anguish, his wings stretched out as if about to take flight against God yet again, yet trapped by the very Earth he sought to rule. From his outstretched hand, hang five damned souls. Souls sold to the very Lucifer who hangs them so.
   At the thumb and the end finger, hanging from strings and knives piercing their bodies, is Cassius and Brutus. Their treachery against God began when they sold their souls to kill the mighty Julius Caesar, who stood in the way of their own personal gain. Now they hang from Lucifer by the very knives they used to kill.
   From the Ring finger, bound by paper and ink hangs Clark Aldusi, Shadow Architect of the Shadow Enforcers. Hiding behind the laws he sought so hard to uphold, he killed thousands of the innocent in a plan to gain ultimate power. Piercing his body and pouring out black blood are pages of his dear laws, the very laws he used to betray its protected.
   At the Index finger, hanging from a cross, sits Karl Abinszur, the Heretic Shaman. By his hands, he murdered millions for his own cause of personal gain, including the Emperor’s son, Caligula Vadamus VI, who he brutally dismembered and shot in the head and chest. From his actions, he now lays without limbs, nailed to his cross by his head and chest, crying out and cursing against God.
   Now at the Middle finger, hanging from a rope of fire, is Judas Iscariot, betrayer of Christ. The eternal flame of death surrounds his neck, his ever-constant struggles making it tighter and tighter around him. His wounds spit blood of fire, burning into his flesh the mark of Lucifer, making him curse against God for damning him so.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 06:49:53 PM by The Doctor »

hoverponies forever

• THEY ARE SO CUTE!!!
« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2011, 09:54:04 PM »

A probably caffeine induced poem:

SUPERGLUE

As I near to where I'm going
I look back to where
I once was coming from
In all of its slippery glory
That it can never seem to get a hold of
Even with the superglue
Mother gave me
When I was twelve
So I could fix my shoes
Because they were looking
A little scuffed up around
The edges
Like the crumbling, tumbling buildings
That lie in my wake
My past, future, and present tense
Though the conjugations are rusty
And I forget the pluperfect
At least most of the time.
That superglue didn't do much of a good job
I guess
Couldn't even glue my feet to the ground
While I was running
Away from my world
Instead it let me
Near to where I'm going.
Some say in ice.
Is also great
And would suffice.

tridecagirl

• It's never too late.
    • Pencil to Paper: The Daily Life of a Compulsive Writer
« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2011, 12:04:31 AM »

That was awesome, HPF. I'm not a hundred percent sure what it means, but I like the way it sounds.
Just close your eyes/ The sun is going down/ You'll be all right/ No one can hurt you now/ Come morning light/ You and I'll be safe... and... sound
***WESTERFORUM RESIDENT MOM/TREEHUGGER***

hoverponies forever

• THEY ARE SO CUTE!!!
« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2011, 03:35:50 AM »

I dunno what it means either, honestly. This is one of those "wake up at 3AM, drink waaaay too much tea and then write half a poem before falling asleep, then do the same thing the next night and squash them together" things.
Some say in ice.
Is also great
And would suffice.

Vadmaus

« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2011, 11:03:04 AM »

the same thing happens to me, thats how I got Inferno Maximus

Treya-Chan

• Dauntless at Heart
« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2011, 04:29:16 AM »

(A song i wrote please no stealing i know you guys wouldn't but I'm talk to stockers)
(Verse 1)
You say, you say, I'm unbreakable
You say, you say,
But I'm not unbreakable

I stand in shame
As I cry these hidden tears
(Hidden tears)
I was the rock that held you down
the hand the whipped your tears
the shoulder that you cried on
The song inside your soul

(Chorus)
But you say, you say I'm unbreakable
But you dont see these hidden tears,
The hidden pain inside my soul
But you say, you say that I'm unbreakable
You say, you say,
but I'm not unbreakable

(Verse 2)
I chased your fears away
But hid my own
held you tight through all the storms
but the lack of arms around me
hunt me in my dreams
the pain is getting hard to hide
(Getting hard to hide)

(Chorus)

(Verse 3)
You said, you said I'm unbreakable
you said, you said
but I'm not unbreakable
(Unbreakable

But I'm breakin' now
Oh I'm breakin' now
(breakin now)

But you said I was unbreakable.
Westerforum Resident Multi-Genre Music Lover

Abinszur

« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2011, 06:14:44 AM »

In Literature Class we had an assignment to write your own Divine Comedy as a group, here's my part as Dante and Vigil desend into the last part of Treachery:

Excerpt from Inferno Maximus:

As we reached the center of the ring, I saw, in its center, a massive stone statue, its hand outreached towards the heavens above. Its name was Lucifer, and his face bore that of anger and anguish, his wings stretched out as if about to take flight against God yet again, yet trapped by the very Earth he sought to rule. From his outstretched hand, hang five damned souls. Souls sold to the very Lucifer who hangs them so.
   At the thumb and the end finger, hanging from strings and knives piercing their bodies, is Cassius and Brutus. Their treachery against God began when they sold their souls to kill the mighty Julius Caesar, who stood in the way of their own personal gain. Now they hang from Lucifer by the very knives they used to kill.
   From the Ring finger, bound by paper and ink hangs Clark Aldusi, Shadow Architect of the Shadow Enforcers. Hiding behind the laws he sought so hard to uphold, he killed thousands of the innocent in a plan to gain ultimate power. Piercing his body and pouring out black blood are pages of his dear laws, the very laws he used to betray its protected.
   At the Index finger, hanging from a cross, sits Karl Abinszur, the Heretic Shaman. By his hands, he murdered millions for his own cause of personal gain, including the Emperor’s son, Caligula Vadamus VI, who he brutally dismembered and shot in the head and chest. From his actions, he now lays without limbs, nailed to his cross by his head and chest, crying out and cursing against God.
   Now at the Middle finger, hanging from a rope of fire, is Judas Iscariot, betrayer of Christ. The eternal flame of death surrounds his neck, his ever-constant struggles making it tighter and tighter around him. His wounds spit blood of fire, burning into his flesh the mark of Lucifer, making him curse against God for damning him so.

you actually wrote more to it.

Sing_in_the_Rain

• Wheeee!!!!
« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2011, 12:29:00 AM »

Why Do I Try?
Why do I try
to make people hear
the cries of their children,
the sound of their tears.

They try to ignore
their nagging guilt
not bothering to take down
the walls that they built.

But the child,
it is raising itself,
without any guidance,
not a book on the shelf.

The young ones cry out
through their empty possessions,
their parents' so-called
love expressions.

They make the other kids jealous
with talk of their toys
but in reality, the others
are richer in joy.

Because their parents
make them  feel loved,
not neglected, but noticed,
not away they are shoved.

I wish for all children
to know
what it's like to be cherished,
not just loaded with dough.

And that's exactly
why I try
to make people listen,
to hear the tears they cry.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 12:31:38 AM by Sing_in_the_Rain »
"I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for a second that I am one of them."

And night always turns into day.

oOBubblyOo

« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2011, 02:54:51 PM »

This is a poem I wrote after reading Specials. Its been stashed away for some time now so this is the first and only copy so don't make fun please!!! :-[

CUTTERS

My icy thoughts slice my brain in two
Just like my skin when the knife glides through
The feeling of trickling blood down my arm
Makes the world seem clearer, I no longer feel harm
Senses as sharp as my traditional blade
I can smell the old smoke from miles away
My falls from above that would injure a special
Don't hurt me at all, 'coz I'm a special special

« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2011, 04:01:01 AM »

Past the point of no return
I’m falling, falling while I burn
The flame engulfs me
My screams are unheard
As I’m silently in this pit
Its too deep, too wide
Will I ever get out of it?
No one hears
Till its far to late.
I hit the bottom
My heart it breaks
My mind has sunk
My thoughts grow dark
My world consumed
I’m lost, you aren’t
No one can help me.
No one is near.
The light is long gone
And I’m being consumed by my greatest fear.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9