Scott Westerfeld Forum

Author Topic: HUSH HUSH GRAPHIC NOVEL!!!  (Read 2187 times)

oOBubblyOo

HUSH HUSH GRAPHIC NOVEL!!!
« on: July 20, 2011, 06:26:39 PM »

It is official. There will be a graphic novel of Hush Hush due to be released October this year, 2011! :o :D
You can check out some of the sketches at this website: http://beccafitzpatrick.com/hushhushgraphicnovel.html
It says they are involving fans to draw some of the characters and stuff like that but it is really good!!!

For those that don't know--the story:
    Hush, Hush is the story of Nora Grey, a studious sixteen-year-old girl from Coldwater, Maine. It has been a year since her father's murder and she is not interested in much other than her schoolwork. Then she meets Patch, a bad boy—and fallen angel. Though unwisely attracted to him, Nora finds herself caught in a battle between the fallen and the immortal. Choosing the wrong side could cost Nora her life.

Announcement:
I am thrilled to announce that I will be working with Sea Lion Books to release the HUSH HUSH Graphic Novel!

Release Date: October 2011

ATLANTA, GA – March 31, 2011 – Sea Lion Books announced today the acquisition of the comic book and graphic novel rights to Becca Fitzpatrick's New York Times bestselling Young Adult novel Hush, Hush. A romance laced with intrigue, it is the story of a young girl torn between desire and suspicion in her love for a fallen angel. A true psychological thriller, Hush, Hush was the first book in a trilogy, with the story continuing in Crescendo and concluding with the forthcoming Silence, which is scheduled for release in October 2011. The series has a worldwide following, with sales of more than 1 million books in 35 countries.

Well anyway sorry for the long messageness but all this and more is on the site  :)

Beth-la

• Laughter Is Eternity
Re: HUSH HUSH GRAPHIC NOVEL!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 05:34:33 AM »

Sweeeet. Hush, Hush graphic novel and Mortal Instruments graphic novel. I can live with that.
"Help! One of the geeks has escaped! GEEK ON THE LOOSE! GET A NET!"

*~* WESTERFORUM'S RESIDENT SPAZ & BEAST-LA*~*

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 07:47:19 AM »

Oooh man. I'm definately putting this on my LIST OF BOOKS I NEEEEED TO BUY. I'm excited for this now...

charis-rableau

• Pretty sure I must have been Poe in a past life...
    • Leviathan Tumblr!
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 10:01:18 AM »

O.O Shut up! What???!! I've only read the first. I need to read Crescendo! :(

oOBubblyOo

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 01:11:20 PM »

Oh I have to crush some dreams here:( When I went to this ball/book signing for Cassie Clare she announced that they are no longer making the TMI graphic novel. Sorry people, its true and I know I was sad too!
Crescendo is awesome! But, there's no rush to read it, actually I would wait until silence come out if I was you because the ending is a total cliff hanger and I've had to wait so long. . .

Beth-la

• Laughter Is Eternity
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 04:32:51 AM »

Oh I have to crush some dreams here:( When I went to this ball/book signing for Cassie Clare she announced that they are no longer making the TMI graphic novel. Sorry people, its true and I know I was sad too!
Crescendo is awesome! But, there's no rush to read it, actually I would wait until silence come out if I was you because the ending is a total cliff hanger and I've had to wait so long. . .
Really? she hasn't posted anything about it, has she?

charis-rableau

• Leviathan Tumblr!
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 11:15:51 AM »

When does Silence come out?

oOBubblyOo

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 04:00:06 PM »

Really? she hasn't posted anything about it, has she?
Not that I know of no, but I take her word for it even though its so disappointing:(

oOBubblyOo

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 04:01:09 PM »

When does Silence come out?
At the end of this year, October I think

niggledafiggle

• It's underground.
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 04:37:37 PM »

I've almost finished readi  Crecendo.

"Sir, I regret to inform you that we're surrounded."
"Excellent. We can attack in all directions!"

Beth-la

• Laughter Is Eternity
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2011, 05:08:44 AM »

I loved Hush,Hush.  Crescendo was a bit too much domestic drama for me though...it was mostly just Nora freaking out about Patch and Marcy. (Isn't that her name? Haven't read these books in a while)

tridecagirl

• It's never too late.
    • Pencil to Paper: The Daily Life of a Compulsive Writer
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2011, 06:46:32 AM »

*gags* That book drove me nuts. Like Twilight all over again. The weak female who needs a boy to care for and protect her.  >:(
Just close your eyes/ The sun is going down/ You'll be all right/ No one can hurt you now/ Come morning light/ You and I'll be safe... and... sound
***WESTERFORUM RESIDENT MOM/TREEHUGGER***

charis-rableau

• Leviathan Tumblr!
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2011, 08:52:52 AM »

Oh no! Spoilers! I must read. Then I'll come back here!

oOBubblyOo

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2011, 08:56:32 PM »

*gags* That book drove me nuts. Like Twilight all over again. The weak female who needs a boy to care for and protect her.  >:(
I don't think Nora is weak! Shes strong and determined and she even kills herself (uhh, temporarily, kinda). It's just the love between her and Patch is so strong she FEELS weak without him, because shes suffering, its very hard for her!