Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 124

Author Topic: Dreams?  (Read 95153 times)

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
Re: Dreams?
« Reply #1230 on: November 07, 2016, 09:35:33 PM »

Great gif usage ;D

I had this awful dream. First I was performing something for debate (even though I don't do interpretation) that I had no idea what I was doing. Then I was actually at a tournament, and I hadn't written a case and in the dream I remembered that I didn't write my case irl because I was all loopy on Starbucks which made me stress even more. Then I went home and my mom told me that some person I had told about my Ice Age video game on the internet tracked me down, broke into my house, hacked my PC and tried to kill me. As she was telling me this in the driveway a care drove up and my mom freaked out and started driving. Apparently, that was the murdrer. She drove so fast we crashed into several things but somehow didn't die or slow down the car. Then we were on the interstate driving to a hotel when for some reason my mom drove off the several hundred-foot high bridge and as we were falling down I was praying that we wouldn't die even though I didn't see how we would not die, because now that I had stared death in the face I found that I actually didn't want to die at all. Then we hit the water and somehow I was fine, for a second I thought my mom was dead but she ended up being fine. Then we were at the hotel and stayed there for the night. The next day, even though I was still scared I wanted to be back in the comfort of my own home so we went back. That night I slept in my own bed but as I was sleeping I heard the sound of someone breathing heavily at my door and I couldn't tell if it was the murderer or the AC and I just lay there for what felt like hours in total fear.

Anyway that was probably the worst dream I've ever had and now I can't sleep

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #1231 on: November 08, 2016, 01:30:35 AM »

Well e-e
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #1232 on: November 12, 2016, 12:47:01 AM »

I had a dream that Anya from Buffy was actually a gender-fluid death god of white people (I guess because Buffy was the only religion while people had??) and she had these stickers that if she put them on people, they would die. And also she could apparently make people spontaneously change sex. So one morning I woke up as a dude and I was super scared my parents would notice so I locked myself in the bathroom. Then Anya came and apologized, she said she was doing trigonometry magic and may have accidentally messed me up in the process. Then she showed me her death palace and brought me to the mall to get chicken, except the people made us pay for free samples. Then somehow I was Patrick Star, myself, and Buffy. I dunno how that worked but it just was. I asked for a death sticker and lied down in the bathtub because Patrick didn't want to live as a human. Then in my near-death state I got a vision of SpongeBob and Willow and Xander and I think my mom?? trying to break into the underworld to save me. The Patrick part of my was happy that spongebob was still alive but worried he was going to ruin my death. The dream ended before they got there, so I guess that means I died

GeeBeezy

« Reply #1233 on: November 12, 2016, 10:56:03 PM »

What was the Death Palace like.
抹茶のマーブルレアチーズケーキ

Matcha marble cheesecake

ジャガイモはセクシーで

and suddenly I wasnt a fish anymore I was omnipresent

And chacha real smooth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35fBK7kCTgU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzClLu8DXlM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzcQxRr1cSw

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #1234 on: November 13, 2016, 02:53:13 AM »

It looked like a spooky haunted sour on the outside but on the inside it looked like a mix of all the places I've lived :P

GeeBeezy

« Reply #1235 on: November 13, 2016, 11:48:43 AM »

what does a non haunted sour look like
抹茶のマーブルレアチーズケーキ

Matcha marble cheesecake

ジャガイモはセクシーで

And chacha real smooth

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #1236 on: November 13, 2016, 12:08:27 PM »

A moldy sour candy dropped behind the couch and left there for years that now has maggots living in it

I meant house tho :P

GeeBeezy

« Reply #1237 on: November 13, 2016, 12:09:21 PM »

that sounds more death related TBH

I c
抹茶のマーブルレアチーズケーキ

Matcha marble cheesecake

ジャガイモはセクシーで

And chacha real smooth

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #1238 on: November 20, 2016, 02:44:46 AM »

The point of view and chronology of this are messed up and it's really long, but bear with me:

I was at the library doing who-knows-what and eventually I had to pee and I wound up using the men's room. There was a moderate number of people inside, so I had the "will people notice and think it's weird if I pee in a stall" moment, then peed in a stall. Then someone started talking about Les Mis out loud to the whole bathroom because he had some points to make about it. (The main one is "the horse was Javert." I have never actually seen or read Les Mis.) Eventually I was done peeing and came out of the stall, and it turned out the guy talking was a guy from my English class (for real, not just in the dream), and given his personality I was no longer surprised he was spouting Les Mis analysis in the bathroom.

After that, there were like...two things that happened simultaneously.
One thing: I talked to a very nice woman and her daughter while I was washing my hands (and, notably, did question in-dream why they were in the men's room). We both had a lot of candy that we'd put on the counter, so we had to take a few minutes to sort out whose candy was whose. It went well except that I think they took a gallon bag of Goldfish crackers that was mine. Oh well.
Other thing: I washed my hands next to the Les Mis analysis guy. He continued to discuss Les Mis despite my insistence that I had not seen or read Les Mis and had no idea what he was talking about. Then we argued about some papers and whose they were for a while, until he dropped them in his bag, stapled the bag shut, and ran out of the bathroom. Okay, guess they're his papers.
I feel like my mom was also present in fairy wings and glittery makeup, but I can't remember how that was involved.

After the bathroom incidents, I went back into the library and discovered that they were creating a section about dogs that filled like eight shelves. They were offering rewards to anyone who read 75 dog books. I considered it. I did not have time.

My dog book exploration was interrupted by what looked like a do-your-homework PSA but wound up the launching point for part two of the dream. There was a 27-year-old police officer trying to convince his eight-year-old self to do his homework, even though the eight-year-old wanted to watch TV and play video games instead. And then I do not remember how this transition worked, but I was the police officer, but still with memories of the bathroom stuff. (For the rest of the dream, I continued to jump between being me and being the police officer.) Off-camera, after the filming of the PSA, I started to recall what made me become a police officer:

When I (the police officer) was nine, me and a close friend of mine were in a car accident. We came out of it relatively unscathed, for the most part, but while we were dazed in the wreckage, a mysterious man showed up and injected us both with Eighteen Plant-Killing Poison, which is a ridiculous name for a really scary poison that causes vomiting, leading to extreme  dehydration and eventually death, if not treated quickly. We were on a pretty deserted desert road, and didn't have cell phones, so it took a long time for anyone to find us, and being in the desert didn't help with the dehydration. I just barely made it, but by the time we were found and rushed to a hospital, my friend was already dead. It's now my life mission to find the man who did this to us and make him pay.

On my way home from filming the PSA, just as I was heading home, I ran into the little girl from the bathroom, but without her mother. I was off-duty, but my police officer instincts kicked in and I dropped everything to reunite them. She wasn't terribly scared; apparently she hadn't been lost very long. She was cold, though, and barefoot, so I gave her my mittens to put on her feet. The last time she remembered seeing her mom was back at the library so we went back there.

From that point on, the PoV got really screwed up and alternates rapidly between watching it on the TV screen (because the PSA never really ended, did it) and actually being there experiencing it, which makes especially little sense because me-me and police officer-me were in the same library, but I'll try to keep it sensible:

Police officer-me got back to the library with the girl and went to the front desk to ask if the person working there recognized the girl, or if there was a list of names of visitors that the girl could point hers out from. Me-me kept watching the TV and wishing I could help, even though I could because I'd seen the girl and her mother and I was like three feet away but this is dream world, so I was powerless.

And then the library doors opened with a bang. Everything fell silent. In the door stood a figure, hat pulled low over his face, tattered trench coat hanging loosely on his frame. He held something in his left hand. The camera gave a close-up: a syringe labeled "Eighteen Plant-Killing Poison."

The figure lifted his head, revealing under the hat the face of the Les Mis analyzer, only much older, and much more sinister. His right hand held the bag from the bathroom, still stapled shut. Me-me felt no danger, since even though I was right there, I was watching a TV screen. Police officer-me, however, leapt into action. I jumped in front of the girl - no way would I let another person die under my watch - and shouted for the desk person to call the police (since I was off-duty and couldn't actually do anything as an officer).

A scuffle with the poisoner ensued. I missed most of it because I left the TV screen to check out a book, but when I came back, both police-officer me and the poisoner looked pretty beat-up. The girl was cowering behind the front desk. The poisoner jumped me and managed to catch me off guard; he flipped me onto my stomach and plunged his needle into my neck.

The thing about Eighteen Plant-Killing Poison: it's fast-acting, and once it takes hold, it makes it near-impossible to think of much else. I stayed on the floor, retching, only peripherally aware of the girl's screams as the poisoner came around the desk after her.

And then I woke up, which is awful timing, but I like to think the on-duty police showed up in time to save the girl, apprehend the poisoner, and rush police-officer me to the hospital, where I'll make a full recovery and hopefully be okay with not personally being the one to bring the poisoner to justice.
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

- Catvomitsky

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #1239 on: November 20, 2016, 02:53:15 AM »

Pan: first of all, that was an epic dream.
Second of all, it's already pretty much novel-length anyway but you should totally write a book.
Third, you should watch Les Mis now :P

I had a dream that I learned witchcraft from some books because I wanted to be like Willow from Buffy. The first book I read was about manipulation spells, which basically worked like the Force in that you could manipulate both people's minds and the physical world. I learned really quickly and pretty soon I could levitate myself and other objects, and control people's thoughts about me. Then I started on a second book that was about how to use the interconnectedness of the universe to change the world to my liking. Then my parents started getting scared because they thought I was gonna turn evil like Willow did in the show. And then I made them forget they thought I was evil, which was pretty evil and kinda proved them right but \_(ツ)_/

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #1240 on: November 20, 2016, 03:06:13 AM »

I might make it a short story, and I've been meaning to watch Les Mis but I keep...not doing that

- Catvomitsky

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #1241 on: November 20, 2016, 03:09:54 AM »

I feel u. Les Mis is really good tho.

GeeBeezy

« Reply #1242 on: November 20, 2016, 08:48:16 AM »

eighteen plant killing poison