Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 120

Author Topic: Dreams?  (Read 61280 times)

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
Re: Dreams?
« Reply #1680 on: December 11, 2017, 06:33:14 AM »

Not for another three years or so, but yes I am :P I agree that this is the best possible use of my math knowledge

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #1681 on: December 11, 2017, 07:40:52 AM »

k cool cuz i would have felt rlly bad if i had completely forgotten and made the math degree thing up
BOTTOM TEXT

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #1682 on: December 11, 2017, 07:42:41 AM »

Tbh if you'd thought I was the type of person to pursue a math degree when I actually wasn't, I'd be flattered. But I guess me thinking things like that is part of the reason why I am getting a math degree :P

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #1683 on: December 11, 2017, 07:50:39 AM »

new discourse, does "u seem like ur getting a math degree" sound more like an insult or a compliment
BOTTOM TEXT

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #1684 on: December 11, 2017, 07:53:36 AM »

Imo it's definitely a compliment, since math degrees are generally seen as something that are esoteric and hard to obtain. But since most people don't like math all that much the average response would probably be like "Ew, never"

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #1685 on: December 11, 2017, 08:15:39 AM »

well u have a conflict of opinion so ur vote doesn't count (jk don't kill me)

o i forgot, last night i had a dream that i was watching a Shakespeare play about a french noble family during the dark ages who had a daughter with chlorokinesis. for some reason the family lived in a shack in the middle of a field and i didnt find that weird at all. the chlorokinesis chick pulled some Elsa shit and ran away, and the parents freaked out and sent their oldest son to search for her. half of the play was from the sister's perspective as she learned more about her powers and eventually built her own kingdom of like forest nymphs and talking trees n shit, the other half of it was from the brother's perspective as he sort of wandered aimlessly. they both kind of hated their family, the brother intentionally put off finding his sister bc he didn't want to return, and the sister was too busy building like. an entire society. she united all these warring tree clans and shit, it was awesome. i think at some point the brother found a cabin to live in and adopted a pet sheep. the play spanned like 3 decades or something, and it ended with the sister getting married to this purple bush lady. her family tried to crash the wedding, but then the brother appeared and told everyone that he lit the shack on fire and the family had to run back to put the fire out. everyone lived happily ever after. but after that in the dream, since it was all a play, i somehow got backstage and found out that the purple bush lady was real? and then some more stuff happened that i think involved a mob of theater kids trying to kill me? and then i woke up.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 08:18:34 AM by ravenoid-ish »
BOTTOM TEXT

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #1686 on: December 11, 2017, 08:26:58 AM »

Hey, my opinion isn't conflicted, it's just a piecewise function composed of inverse functions ::)

I'd watch the heck out of that play :o

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #1687 on: December 11, 2017, 08:31:35 AM »

ikr? it was so entertaining even in the dream. and the set had all these cool neon plant backgrounds during the forest scenes so it looked so pretty. shakespear man, writing cool crap even tho hes dead and it was all a figment of my imagination and i dont even rlly like that many shakespear plays
BOTTOM TEXT

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #1688 on: December 11, 2017, 08:36:03 AM »

It sounds more like a dark Disney movie than a Shakespeare play tbh :P

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #1689 on: December 11, 2017, 08:41:40 AM »

dark disney give us the forbidden gay french plant Frozen ripoff
BOTTOM TEXT

Julia The Bookworm

« Reply #1690 on: December 11, 2017, 11:54:49 AM »

I had a dream that I was running a marathon indoors and there were checkpoints where you could stop and eat a bunch of pies.

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #1691 on: December 11, 2017, 11:57:34 AM »

I can see that being some sort of alternate Tortoise and the Hare fable for a kids' health class where there's pies along the way and the hair stops to eat them because 1) he thinks he can afford to take breaks and 2) he doesn't realize that you shouldn't run a marathon on a stomach full of pies

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #1692 on: December 17, 2017, 06:00:06 AM »

I had a dream that Malia Obama, Ivanka Trump, Tori and Jade and Beck from Victorious, and this girl that was a cross between Elle Woods and Darcy from Thor were part of a friend group at Yale. Tbh, I need a friend group like that when I live at whatever university I go to

|ĸιrα|

• ᴴᵃᵛᵉ ᶜᵒᵘʳᵃᵍᵉ ᵃᶰᵈ ᵇᵉ ᵏᶤᶰᵈ
« Reply #1693 on: December 19, 2017, 04:22:58 PM »

I had some wild dream last night and I remember waking up from it and being like 'gotta remember so I can write it down' but obviously I forgot. All I remember is Yubaba was in it and she was in a doorway

Where there is goodness, there is magic

GeeBeezy

« Reply #1694 on: December 20, 2017, 02:53:40 PM »

What's a Yubaba and why is she ugly. I mean in a doorway.

ジャガイモはセクシーで

ox-body technique but for my anxiety
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 120