Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 125

Author Topic: Dreams?  (Read 112014 times)

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
Re: Dreams?
« Reply #585 on: October 02, 2014, 01:41:27 PM »

No, because I can't walk a block holding my breath. Also the crosswalk is right by the graveyard and I definitely can't walk a block and then wait for the traffic lights to change in one breath.
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #586 on: October 02, 2014, 01:42:23 PM »

But then the souls will get in

Higher, further, faster

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #587 on: October 02, 2014, 02:02:54 PM »

I bet my friends would love that :P
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

- Catvomitsky

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #588 on: October 02, 2014, 02:03:47 PM »

That you're going to be possessed because you don't hold your breath?

Higher, further, faster

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #589 on: October 02, 2014, 02:08:37 PM »

Yep.

- Catvomitsky

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #590 on: October 02, 2014, 08:48:31 PM »

Nice friends ya got there...
Is there actually a graveyard outside your school?
Nope, but there is a prison within a block...

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #591 on: October 02, 2014, 10:27:45 PM »

I had a dream where the day went by totally normal, until an axe murderer ran into my house and threw poker cards at me. Funny thing is, the day's been going by just like in my dream...

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #592 on: October 02, 2014, 11:43:22 PM »

I had a dream that I was this guy, and I had to check out a plane crash. Everyone was dead on the plane except for these two siblings, who seemed around eight and ten. I had to explain to them that they were the only survivors of the plane crash. Then I was the girl (the younger one) and I was completely terrified. The guy gave me and my brother (my dream-brother) some sort of shot and went on his way.
Later on, the siblings were playing some sort of shooting game, like laser tag but with string and foam darts instead of lasers, and they were on a lot of teams of two. (My point of view kept switching so much here that I'm just going to write it in third person.) They had a little fort thing, and the brother shot out of the front to hit enemy players while I shot out the back to defend him. Afterword, the same guy from the plane crash, who was apparently the shooting game's coach, told the siblings that they did well, but  that it wasn't spectacular enough that people would watch it. Then the sister collapsed.
Then I was the sister again. I woke up in a bed with my brother still unconscious next to me. I got really angry and I demanded that the guy tell me what he meant by "people wouldn't watch it", because it wasn't supposed to be watched. He told me to go to the playground by the trailer, and then he left. My brother, who had woken up at some point, got really scared, because apparently he knew what the playground by the trailer was. He told me not to go, but I did anyway.
The guy was waiting at the playground. I started swinging on the swing and he just gave me this sad look and told me that he'd failed as a babysitter and that I was cursed. Then he explained that the swingset cursed anyone who swung on it, and that this was well-known to any babysitter, but there was one day that my brother and I had a new babysitter who took us there.
Then through some sort of transition I don't remember, he was ecstatic because he'd found a cure. He gave it to my brother and I, and then we ran home to tell our parents (who I guess were magically alive again after the plane crash?) and then I woke up.

It was a surprisingly coherent dream.

- Catvomitsky

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #593 on: October 04, 2014, 12:42:15 AM »

I dreamt that I had a pet jumping  spider and I took it kit of its tank and it started hopping everywhere and I tried to catch it but I couldn't and it ran away so I hot a dog and then it came back

Higher, further, faster

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #594 on: October 04, 2014, 11:59:47 PM »

I had a dream that I was on vacation and was bored. I decided to look to the Internet for suggestions on what to do, and one site recommended that I make a list of what my friends and family would be if they were food. I didn't have anything better to do, so I made one, and for some reason it turned out that everyone I knew was a strange combination of totally incompatible foods. That night, I heard my parents whispering in the hotel kitchen, and there was a third voice with them. I listened for a few minutes, and I knew they were talking about me. I burst through the door an demanded they tell me what they were saying. It turned out that the third voice I heard belonged to a demon, and that I would have to be taken to the demon realm and would stay there until I had eaten every bit of food on the list I made. Apparently, that list was a test of character: you are who you surround yourself with, and your perception of who you surround yourself with reflects who you are, and you are what you eat. So, eating your friends in family in food form forces you to confront your own character. The demon told me I had one hour, and snapped his fingers. One of my friends appeared in his place, and she told me that since she was the first one on the list, she had been forced to summon the deon and she would be the one to push me through the portal into the demon realm. I told her my final words for my friends, my teachers, a few select people in my family, my band, my section, my honorary section, and asked her to deliver them...but when I was about to say my final words to her, she was replaced with a demon in the form of another friend of mine. I told this demon to tell my friend (the one who was just there) that I was sorry she had to carry the burden of delivering my final messages and summoning the demon that would banish me, but I forgave her, and I was glad it had to be her of all people. Then the demon turned into my friend and pushed me through a portals I ended up in a hotel room much like the one I had just been in, but instead of a complementary Bible there was a complementary Mortal Instruments book.

Then I was listening to this guy in band tell me a story. He told me about the time when my co-section leader was a freshmen and decided to dabble in the occult, and it didnt turn out as planned. She decided to summon something sinister in the band room, something that had been long dead. She set up the proper materials, performed the ritual, and she got...something she didn't expect. Now she lives in remorse of what she did, and it is her responsibility to make sure the curse does not return as long as she is in band. That's the story I was told, and it piqued my curiosity. The next thing I knew, I was performing the ritual myself. Nothing happened, and I started to cuss at the ground. Then, grass started to grow. I immediately knew that this grass is what she had summoned three years ago, and that it was the literal root of all evil. I had created a "mirror" between our world and the world of the demons within the summoning circle. Whatever happened to the demon grass in the demon realm would happen to the grass in that circle. If I cut it, then it would also be cut in the demon realm, but it would just grow back. The only way to break the link would be to cut the grass in the demon realm. Until then, this random patch of demon grass in the band room would pollute everyone who walked over it with evil. And to make matters worse, I would become possessed unless I poisoned someone before the end of the week. I went to a trumpet sectional later that day, and I couldn't look any of the trumpet players in the eye in account of I had just summoned the literal root of all evil next to our lockers - again. At some point, I had a nervous breakdown because I only had one day left to poison someone and I was already starting to get a little possessed. The other senior in my section (the one who had originally summoned the grass wasn't there because she was working) started to suspect something, since this was exactly what happened three years ago. I left in a hurry before the rest could ask questions. The next day was the homecoming dance, and while I was there, I poisoned someone. Then the dream ended abruptly.

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #595 on: October 05, 2014, 12:18:44 AM »

Is there any particular reason that you couldn't put up a "do not step on the grass" sign or something?

- Catvomitsky

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #596 on: October 05, 2014, 12:25:13 AM »

It was right in front of the trumpet lockers, so we had to step on it or else we couldn't get our instruments.

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #597 on: October 05, 2014, 12:30:57 AM »

Oh. So did all the trumpet players get polluted with evil?

- Catvomitsky

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #598 on: October 05, 2014, 01:16:13 AM »

Yes. Again DX

Although some of the trumpet players are already polluted with evil ::)

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #599 on: October 14, 2014, 12:46:43 AM »

I had a dream that there were these giant bugs everywhere (they were sort of like roly-polys, but an inch and a half long, squishier, and slimy), ans I was terrified of the bugs. And my iPad was blaring some Disney song on repeat, but I couldn't turn it off 'cause there was a bug on it. And that was about it.

- Catvomitsky
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 125