Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 126

Author Topic: Dreams?  (Read 146966 times)

Chairlegs

• Pet Peeves? Why would you keep a Peeve as a pet?
Re: Dreams?
« Reply #870 on: July 10, 2015, 12:18:33 PM »

I had a dream last night that turned into a nightmare
There was a large university Campus filled with new and legible students sitting on the lush grass. There were two students that the dream focused on, Male and female. The university was only run by two strict teachers, once again male and female. The male teacher was bald, had long brown trousers and a grey V-neck with a red tie. He addressed to the students that class would start tomorrow morning at seven sharp.
This university was dedicated to the strange and the new. It developed new technology and inventions for human consumption. This was clear as the two new students were walking through the short green grass when a single rider white Tron bike came riding across the grass and nearly blowed them over. The bike had no wheels and had a flat bottom. The technology was that if the bike was on grass the driver could accelerate or decelerate. The driver of the bike took his time to do doughnuts around the students and to cause havoc. The male thrust out his arm into the pathway of the circling bike, this caused the driver to fall off his bike and land backwards on the grass. The bike accelerated on its own without the driver and crashed into a neighbouring building.
The two new students spent the night in a confinement cell for the university. But upon waking the next morning they found the door unlocked and open. So they left to go to class, but they found they were ten minutes late, so they ran to class. The quickly dashed for the classroom door and made their way to their seat.
The other students and the teacher in the room had their faces flat on their desk with strange drawings on the paper under them. The two students that came in became worried and ran out of the room. They discovered that the hallway was filled with large silver mirrors. The male touched the smooth surface of one and the mirror rippled at his touch. He decided to touch it once again, and discovered that he could put his hand through. He walked straight through one and saw the dream scape of on the fellow students. This was the one that drove the bike. The dream was of the accident that happened the day before. He could interact with the guy, so he pulled him out of the dream through the mirror. The kept going through each mirror pulling out student of their dreams. Some were reluctant and stayed in their dreams. But they reached a mirror were, once in they found the male teacher laying face up on a bed. He was asleep and they couldn’t wake him. They turned to go out of the mirror but found that a doll stood in the middle of the room.

I can’t continue because it just gets really really scary. Like I woke up screaming.
Yolo? NO! You live every day
The correct term is YODO. You.Only.Die.Once
Make sure that never happens

Catvomitsky

• birth is a curse and existence is a prison
« Reply #871 on: July 12, 2015, 09:22:03 AM »

Really long one up ahead. But it's pretty interesting, I guess. Confusing and existential, but interesting.

I had a dream that was sort of a mix between Inception and the Matrix. I lost my iPhone, then I found another phone, and somehow I discovered that I could manipulate reality through it. Anything that was possible could be possible as long as I believed it to be and could create the experience in my head. I could plant suggestions in people's heads as long as I could come up with a reason they might've thought of it themselves. I could even teleport by closing my eyes and believing that my memories of the place I was in were an illusion. I could even use it to hover in the air. Since I couldn't do any of this with my parents around, I made it so they were always running errands. In the middle of the dream I suggested that they leave, and drank the coffee they brought home from Dunkin Donuts while they were gone. Then I teleported to a train and had my friends appear there. I told them that they were probably wondering why were they were there. This caused them to question the suggestion they wouldn't otherwise have realized as strange, so they all said yes. I told them about my ability, but since they were all under my manipulation they didn't say anything. One of them, though, reacted a bit differently. I made the train drop us off at my house and let them all spend the night in my room. Obviously my parents wouldn't come in if I didn't want them to. Later my friend told me that she could do the same thing with her iPhone. I didn't believe that she could, and that she had only learned after I told her - even though when is irrelevant, similar to time travel. To prove her point, she made me want to cuddle with her and spend the day with her. I told her that even though I knew I was being suggested, I didn't mind. It was then that it occurred to me that at some point my real will would be indistinguishable from the suggestion, even though I knew what was happening. That night, when we went to the theater to see the new Voldemort movie, just to test it, I manipulated her movements. I also made the movie go in the direction I wanted, instead of letting it play out naturally. Time lapse a few days - I lose the phone, but my last wish with it was to be reunited with my lost 5C. A few minutes later, a girl on the street told me she found it and remembered that it was mine. I tried to use it the same way I used the other one, but it wasn't the same. It felt strange using an Apple device, because I was so familiar with iOS as something normal. My friend also used an iPhone 5C, but I didn't want to ask her for help. We had each other's minds so entrenched in the other's will that we couldn't stand the thought of each other at this point, but we also couldn't escape each other, either. Since we had warped our own personal realities so much, we were the only 'real' ones left. We were all we had. But of course, we each knew that the other had the power to completely destroy them if given the chance, so we had to use manipulation to ensure that couldn't happen. Even so, my abilities were weakening. My hold on what I was doing kept slipping, and then I would be caught in the messed up world I had created. The dream ended when I turned myself invisible (not really invisible, but I made it so no one would register me if they looked) and snuck into my school. Then I woke up in the dream, and asked my mom if we could go to IHOP for breakfast. It was 9:45 and she said that they would take forever to serve and I might be late (to my the library at 11) It took a little convincing, but she agreed. Coincidence? Or maybe I didn't actually 'wake up' from my previous dream after all.

One of the weirdest parts of all this is that after I came back from the library (I really did have to go there at 11), my parents had brought back Dunkin Donuts, including a coffee. They are now out of the house shopping, in part due to something I said when they were talking. I decided to drink the coffee (how could I not at this point?) So I literally lived my dream...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 09:29:44 AM by Catvomitsky »

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #872 on: July 12, 2015, 09:28:57 AM »

I had a dream that I was in a tree and I fell into the lake, except for the fact that instead of falling into a lake, the lake became solid like cement. And so I stood and walked away, but then everyone was acting like I had broken my neck. The dream ended when I got so pissed off I tried 'fixing' by 'broken' neck and ended up breaking it for real. The last thing I heard before I woke up was 'you're okay!'.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #873 on: August 05, 2015, 02:30:38 AM »

My dream started like a spin off of rapunzel and rapunzel was a penguin and they all looked like those penguins from the pebble and the penguin and so that was weird. Anyway, she was supposed to marry some dude so she sent me to see wtf was his deal and I turned out to be some foster kid and I was driving this bus and then I had a horse and I rose her from the bus through this marsh and swamp that had a hippo in it onto this road and I could 3ither go to the castle or gallop down the road so I do that (no hands go me) and I got this buggy driver all stoked so he ditched the buggy and got on his horse hut his horse was all frisky and so he got bucked off so I put him on my horse and carried on and took him home and I put him inside and then put his and my horse in the stalls. So then from a glance I saw the guy the princess was supposed to marry and so I stalked him and then my horse got out and caused a raucous so I went to try and catch her and we got to this whole weird courtyard and the fiancee prince was like harassing people and so I freaked out and started telling people but he saw me in tiny cameras, but magic ones xCu this is a fairytale. So then idrk what happened but it switched and I was at a horse show with two of my real horses and my friend that doesn't have horses was helping me and for some reason it was a stupid IEA show and I was so pissed to be there and then at the end everyone was lining up so I got on Shorty bareback and lined up with him and then no one else from the show was lining up it was all these weird people but there was a hot boy so I was like whatever and stayed and then Shorty disappeared. Everyone was wearing light blue and cream. So then I like went over to the bathroom and a younger Taylor Swift was there and I wanted to tell her that my friend thought her lips looked kissable but then the cute guy was like 'we're going to water world!' And I was all 'okay!' And then all my friends were going too and it was like we were in a hotel and me and the guy went upstairs and he had his arm around me and then I had memories of getting ready for this and I hadn't packed swim short, just tiny bikini bottoms that I didn't want to wear. So then I had to try and find my room and this girl I was friends with in elementary school was like "leader" and had all the keys but she didn't know which room was mine and I just kind of gave up and sat a picnic table and one of my guy friends was in a bath tub and his little brother had a stupid hat and a dinosaur pool floatie (mind you his brother is going to be a junior) so that was interesting. Then I saw this car go by and I thought someone from my elementry school was in it and I was like "his name is Chase, like the paint." And then I turned and he was sitting there and he was like "I was named after the paint" and I was just like "that's because your name is chase!" And I got up and found a wallet to my apparent overnight roommate named Olivia so I went to find her and give it to her and then Renee and Kaitlyn hadn't brought shorts either so we were in the same boat. So apparently we were walking to Water World and we heard this crying cat and we saw a kitten running from its mother and when the mom caught up to she started licking the kitten and it was way cute and that's when I woke up.

Higher, further, faster

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #874 on: August 06, 2015, 12:55:21 PM »

I keep having graphic nightmares about certain parts of my body falling off or becoming deformed. Last night it was my teeth... One fell straight out and the other was dangling there by threads of gum. It's really horrifying and I spend all day thinking about it afterwards :/ Wonder what it'll be tonight..

The Spookiest Bookworm

« Reply #875 on: August 07, 2015, 01:52:08 AM »

I'vehad a lot of dreams where my teeth fell out or something happened to them.
I looked it up online & in a dream dictionary. Supposedly, it has a lot of meanings based on the context of the dream: http://www.dreammoods.com/commondreams/teeth-dreams.html

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #876 on: August 07, 2015, 01:56:02 AM »

I remember there was something about Africa, a cat, my friend lived next door, we all went to Elbert and went hiking and then there was a massive snow storm right when I was going rI ding and then mI'm had a boyfriend that annoyed me a lot.

Higher, further, faster

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #877 on: August 12, 2015, 01:25:39 AM »

Okay so first I got a job offer by the lady that owns the ranch we ride at to do stuff at the museum of nature and science because she's on the board there. So then she started giving me lots of things and that was cool and then we got another doberman but we didn't know what to name him so we kept changing between Syd and Rebel but that was totally messing me up inside and then my friends came and they were playing on my computer so I left them to do that and kept trying to figure out a new name for my dog and then I started my job but we were on some sort of safari thing and the animals started going crazy and killing everyone and then they started fusing like in Steven Universe and so it was basically very Attack on Titan-esque in that the group I was in was just trying to get to this open territory the fusion beast didn't know about yet and on the way we were vaccinating people (??) but we carried along and then these people started doing all this math that made sense in my dream but now I don't know what they were talking about?? Oh well. Then the creepy LA LA LA on my phone woke me up.

Higher, further, faster

Catvomitsky

« Reply #878 on: August 12, 2015, 01:43:46 AM »

...:o

I had a dream that was basically like I Am Number Four. Except there were 5 garde with powers and five mentors, who were all at my high school. And then there was a rival group. There was a battle and I could fly and create a shield around myself that deflects the attack on me at the attacker and shoot water out of my hands. We won against the other group. And then there was this subplot about me deciding to audition for jazz band and learn the piece one day before tryouts even though you can't join jazz band without doing marching season irl...

Time Blitz

« Reply #879 on: August 14, 2015, 12:41:10 PM »

I dreamed I was spaghettified.

._.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #880 on: August 18, 2015, 09:37:57 PM »

Of course the night I really need sleep I have a nightmare.
So it started like with airplanes and lots of fun and my airplane was named muffin and then it went to like we were all in Hawaii and that was fun but my friends old friend was there and she's just an awful person and then it changed and I was like a fly on the wall watching this guy get picked up by his wife from work or something and she was asking if he had read it and he said no and asked if she had seen it and she said she couldn't. So they started heading home and there was a tall guy in a hood following them but the guy could see him and the wife couldn't and then theygot to their house and the guy pulled out this map but it said 'read me' at the top in a specific location and then all over it had different things like "left home and didn't come back" "mom hated him and he ran away" "suicide" and things like that and so in my head what I put together was that those were all things people had done after receiving the map and reading what was left there and this guy followed them until they did but no one else could see him or what they needed to read. So the guy got to his house and he knew where to go but he tried to avoid it and then ended up there anyway and he got to the piece of paper and it was a crossword puzzle (??) and he stated looking but all it said was....JOHN CENA.
Jk I don't know what it said I woke up

Higher, further, faster

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #881 on: August 27, 2015, 02:22:10 AM »

I had a dream about the guy down the hall from me and I don't remember everything that happened but my life is awkward now.

Higher, further, faster

Ghost44

• A Pharmacist
« Reply #882 on: August 27, 2015, 02:34:02 AM »

Get it gurl!
Death and Taxes

Catvomitsky

« Reply #883 on: August 30, 2015, 05:09:55 AM »

I've had a couple of interesting dreams lately but haven't really had time to type them up. But this one involved forumers so...

Three people were lost - my friend, the Argo, and Besly. I had to find them by searching in a bunch of abandoned houses that I had looked at while house-hunting irl 5 years ago. My friend, had disappeared in a pool, so I went to look in houses with a pool. I didn't find her so I slept overnight in the house, where I had a dream that I had to search in the closet. I went upstairs and saw the giant stained-glass closet, which was the exact same closet I'd opened 5 years ago when I went to check out the house. There was a dusty magic symbol on the floor that had been hidden under the rug. I opened it and somehow it freed Besly and Argo, but they immediately ran downstairs. So I followed them and suddenly a wild Kira appeared, and she was making food to celebrate. But Argo and Besly were still hiding from me, and whenever they walked by they hid their faces. So I snuck behind them in the kitchen, threw something so they both would turn around, and jumped out from behind the wall. It turned out Argo was my missing friend's mom and also a Time Lord, and Besly had been cursed or something to look like Lars from Steven Universe? It was really strange and I just sat on the couch awkwardly for the rest of the dream.

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #884 on: September 01, 2015, 09:28:51 AM »

I typed this up this morning and forgot to post it :P

I had a dream that I had a pet baby pig, but everyone was trying to kill the pig because he was gay and wouldn't listen to me when I told them not to. Eventually, though, I made friends with a giant tree turtle person who let me ride around on his back and have my gay pig in peace. And the tree turtle started asking me stuff about myself and I just insisted that if he looked at my Facebook page he would know, so eventually he looked at my Facebook page. Then his daughter, who was also a much smaller tree turtle person, introduced herself and started flirting with me, and I had to politely turn her down. And at some point he introduced my gay pig to his gay pig and they became a gay pig couple. It was a little odd. But. Okay. Anyway. There was also this pier nearby wherever we were, and I would go to the pier and bring my pot (the same pot I always use in real life) and I would stick magnets on it under the blazing sun for hours because why not. Then at some point I went back to school knowing that my tree turtle friend would keep my gay pig baby safe, and was immediately faced by bathroom problems (even though I was just a cis boy at the beginning of the dream, apparently I was me at this point) because people in both bathrooms kept trying to kick me out so I gave up and just didn't pee. And then I had to do my summer reading project in a group of three (which included my seventh grade robotics partner and some guy who may or may not exist IRL), which was due the next day but was a huge project so it didn't make much sense and we were all frustrated. All three of us rode the tree turtle to the library after school to work on it (since my parents were still trying to kill my pig) and started brainstorming still on the tree turtle. I have no idea what we came up with, but when we actually started working on it, we drew a world map, completely obscured the map in glitter, and glued a paper star and picture of Christopher Columbus on top of it (which has nothing to do with the book we read). Also, we painted Columbus's nose black. Then we were talking about some anime that probably doesn't exist where everyone dies at the end while I tried to draw on Microsoft Paint until the library closed and we got kicked out. And I think that's when I woke up.

So it basically combined my fears about coming out at school, my fears about honors English, and a lot of weirdness involving pigs and tree turtles and magnetic pots :P
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 126